ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My collegues Civic Type R -

Honda Civic
f**k knows if it's been mentioned yet... but aren't those harnesses going to hurt if you're in a crash? Should be mounted waaay lower down on a bar than they are IIRC?

Incorect my friend. If the rear straps are mounted to low. The force is transfered down through the body and spine. In extreme cases this can cause severe compression. Even cause the seat to collapse. The angle is perfect. Within spec supplied by Takata also.

The manufacturor (Caged in Frome) built the cage and they build cages for many race series.

Last edited:

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Incorect my friend. If the rear straps are mounted to low. The force is transfered down through the body and spine. In extreme cases this can cause severe compression. Even cause the seat to collapse. The angle is perfect. Within spec supplied by Takata also.

The manufacturor (Caged in Frome) built the cage and they build cages for many race series.

Fair play then :)

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I can't say I'm a fan of the car, I don't know what it is but EP3's don't really do it for me but the colours are good (excluding harnesses maybe;))

Never seen the point in bolt in cages though unless it's just for shows at which people aren't allowed to see close ups...

f**k knows if it's been mentioned yet... but aren't those harnesses going to hurt if you're in a crash? Should be mounted waaay lower down on a bar than they are IIRC?

They're meant to be within a few degrees of horizontal mate.

Honda Civic
A full weld in roll cage is just not practical for everyone. This cage whilst not as full on is still no show cage. It is built to withstand twice the weight if the car if it rolls over. Of course a side benefit is it stiffens the chassis considerably. It also decreases lap times by a few tenths due to the increase in 'bravery factor' ;) :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
...'salright I 'spose... ;)

I just hope G has been able to avoid upstanding house bricks in the middle of country lanes whence returning from Maccy D's breakfast trips of a morning!

Like the colour change :cool:
SDC10070.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i dont get why people put them driver status stickers on their cars, most people say it means advanced driver... no it means OLD driver lol... basically saying he is an old c**t lol

i dont get why people put them driver status stickers on their cars, most people say it means advanced driver... no it means OLD driver lol... basically saying he is an old c**t lol

Lol really? Will have a good old chuckle then when I see some friends that have them on there cars, and tell them what they mean! Bet most people have just bought them to fit in and be 'cool' not knowing what they actually mean.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
yup the green and yellow is for young driver, kinda like a green p that some people put on their cars over here, shows inexperience but in japan when you get to a certain age you have to display the yellow and orange one like on the civic... means you are OLD lol not an experienced driver just OLD lol...

also if you see a blue shamrock on a japanese car means the driver is disabled lol and a green butterfly means they are hard of hearing...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol the japanese are funny lol! in the uk if someone is hard of hearing if they wish they can display the blue circle with the white ear on it but its not a legal requirement, in japan it is lol...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

if you actually knew graham you wouldn't of posted that....he is old...lol

FLOL!!!!! Random spot!!

That's me next to my mate in the black hat haha

Oh what colour is that?

its a fiat grey, can't remember which one

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol i tell stav he is a c**t pretty much all the time lol, i like pointing out peoples floors lol!