ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My comfy 182 track day / Sprint car

Clio Sport 182
Car is a 2005 Clio sport 182 just ticked over 60k with full dealer history.

After having Bmw's for the last 9 years and a change in circumstances I bought this.

Looking to do 4-5 trackdays a year and a 2-3 sprints along with competing in a little championship on the Isle of Wight.

My car is completely stock bat a K&N panel filter at present.

Some pics after a quick detail.

4AF4508A-C044-4E9C-B461-3C1AA1E32057_zpsykgopb3j.jpg

B8ECECC7-A293-4B72-BC49-73A0A4117071_zps6exxofr9.jpg

2ACA1C97-CF06-4EA4-BB30-465DEF872BBF_zps1qrotmy0.jpg

C5071393-1142-423A-9930-B036D6AD26A7_zpsx0du9wxb.jpg

DE185A4F-456B-4B3F-B4E2-3CD11AB3CADF_zpsghurfmiu.jpg

5C5CF70F-9B95-40DD-ADFE-377C775BECF1_zpsjrsjufke.jpg

C37888B7-163C-45F3-B627-8BF0B0FAA416_zpsgqungy7k.jpg

Clio Sport 182
So not added to this for a while as it's a bit of a slow starter but bear with me.

Ive purchased some genuine trophy wheels and lamin x yellowed my front fogs.

Today im im fitting my new omp steering wheel and doing the seat mod.

Pics up later this afternoon after a clean.

Titanium Silver 182
Nice one! She looks very clean :) you'll have a hoot on track! Other than Isle of Wight where you going for your tracktime?

Clio Sport 182
Brands Hatch Indy, Snetterron 300 and Silverstone GP are my favourites.

Looks like the steering wheel I have bought is too small and now I can't see the dials.

So will be selling the steering wheel and boss kit and staying stock.

Suzuki Jimny
That looks very tidy!

Shocked you use it on track like that, you should take out all of the interior and spend £1k on suspension before using it on track....

Clio Sport 182
That looks very tidy!

Shocked you use it on track like that, you should take out all of the interior and spend £1k on suspension before using it on track....

The point was it had to be comfy enough for the other half to drive it too.

Its ts not an out and out track car and will do more miles on the road. But it will only gets used for maybe 4k a year

RB197
I would rather not, unless their is a buyer for the steering wheel.

Tbh fair I only want £135.00 delivered for both. (I paid £147.00 + postage)

Same as as this one:

D5642280-81EC-414E-B5C1-5BAFF2910362_zps11uof3vi.png

I have the steering wheel was just looking for a cheap boss, no worries mate cheers anyway

Clio 182
Today im im fitting my new omp steering wheel and doing the seat mod.

Careful with the wheel change. There's a lad on here who failed his MOT because of the replacement wheel. "Car not modified enough to be considered a track car and should therefore have it's airbag" or some such b*ll*cks iirc

Clio Sport 182
See above, sticking with oem steering wheel now.

But yes you are correct. Come mot time you would have to put your original steering wheel back on for it to pass as new rules state if it came with an airbag from factory it has to be there for mot.

Clio Sport 182
Ordered up some genuine front and rear discs from Renault Wolverhampton today
and some Ferodo DS2500 front and read pads from circuit supplies both should arrive Friday.

Litte question tho as they said I might have to trim the back plate of the front pads a little for them to fit. Anyone else had this issue ?

Clio Sport 182
I love deliveries :)

brakes arrived today :) .... That should aid stopping combined with the braided lines already fitted.

ECEBB2C0-E9CE-4FCD-AE2E-E7ABED8CEA83_zpswevad8j8.jpg

Thanks to renault wolverhampton for the discs and circuit supplies for the pads

also so thanks to G172 for the advice

Audi A5
Ordered up some genuine front and rear discs from Renault Wolverhampton today
and some Ferodo DS2500 front and read pads from circuit supplies both should arrive Friday.

Litte question tho as they said I might have to trim the back plate of the front pads a little for them to fit. Anyone else had this issue ?

Yeah they just mean the edges on the pad where they sit in the calliper, it's basically to help them move freely and to help prevent squealing.

Just take the edges off slightly with a file.

Clio Sport 182
Just collected the car back today from Rentech in Portsmouth. It went in to have the dephaser pulley, cambelt and aux belt kits, oil & filter service. Fit new oem discs and ferodo DS2500 pads front and rear and a new skoda front splitter. I also asked them to fit my new number plates inc a 3/4 size front plate which they did for me free of charge.

Must say the service and workmanship was top notch. The car has come back feeling very refreshed and braking now is just phenomenal

Looking forward to the weather to clear up so I can give it another detail and then get the car out on track.