ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Corwnwall Trip (Write up and lots of pics)

White APE
As some of you know i took a trip to Cornwall last week for a little break from work. I went with the family and my girlfriend. We left here early on saturday and after stopping for lunch at a lovely country pub made it down there mid afternoon. The 6 of us went in 3 cars, mum and dad in dads car, my sis and her fella in my sisters car as they didnt want to be tide down to mum and dad and then me and vikki went in my beast as sadly, we had to come back mid week for a funeral whilst the others stayed until the following saturday.

This is the cottage that we stayed in:
http://www.westcountrycottages.co.uk/publicwcc/properties/owlcottage.htm

The cottage was absolutely stunning, very well finished and had everything you could possibly want and more. There was even freshly made cream tea waiting for us when we arrived.

The rest of the saturday when we arrived was spent unpacking and having a quick mooch around the area and getting a bit of food in. Then an early night as all of us (well, the 3 drivers any) were rather tired after quite a few hours driving.

Sunday soon came and the 4 young'uns took a trip to Burrator resevoir whilst my parents went to visit my Godfather who moved down to the area last year. Sadly, he was in hospital in Plymouth as he had problems with blood clot in his legs (he's paralyzed from the shoulders down).

Was a fun drive to the reservoir through the country lanes and parking was a bit crazy when we got there but we eventually parked the 2 cars up.

Hers the bridge at the top of the reservoir which is where you can park up.
Bridge.jpg

and a view across the lake
Lakeview.jpg

As you can see, we had very good weather today!

My sister had visited here before last year and suggest we took a walk down through the wooded raving to the bottom of the reservoir.

A few half way down:
wood.jpg

And a random stone hut:
Hut.jpg

Here is the other side of the lake/bridge:
Arches.jpg

Sadly the water level was too low so no water was flowing through.

And heres a few other pics from the bottom of the ravine.
Forest.jpg

forest1.jpg

Woods.jpg

Had a few incidents on the way down first i slipped on a wet log and wrenched my already injured shoulder :(
Then on the way up vikki got stuck so i went back down to help her, got her back up to the top where she decided to attack me with muddy hands...i stepped back right off the edge of a big ol' rock.

Once we made it back up to the top we went for a little drive around the resevoir where i found a waterfall which i climbed to the to top off:

Waterfall.jpg

Spray.jpg

Pipe.jpg

pipe1.jpg

And heres a few of the view from the top off a hill:

Lake.jpg

Torr.jpg

Valley.jpg

On the way back we decided to meet up with my parents back at my Godparents house. Nice big house with 8 acres of land. There we met their 6 dogs and 2 horses..

Cruize.jpg

Cruize1.jpg

Tye.jpg

Horse.jpg

The next day was a trip to The Eden Project. Sadly the weather was a bit pants today, very overcast which made photographing the Biomes rather hard. Anyhoo, here's a few pics from the outside:

Biomes.jpg

Biome.jpg

Biomes1.jpg

Acer.jpg

Fence.jpg

WeeMan.jpg

Flower.jpg

Flowers.jpg

YellaFlowers.jpg

A few from inside one of the buildings:

Seed.jpg

Seed1.jpg

Seed2.jpg

Hands.jpg

Inside the Rain Forrest Biome:

InteriorView.jpg

Rainforest.jpg

Spindle.jpg

OrangeFlower.jpg

PinkFlower.jpg

The Mediteranean Biome:

BellTower.jpg

Rocks.jpg

Harley.jpg

water.jpg

Aloe.jpg

Flowers.jpg

Flowers2.jpg

Fairies.jpg

RabbitMan.jpg

Sadly Tuesday came and it was mine and vikki's last day as we had to leave in the evening to come back home.
We decided to visit Tintangel, Boscastle and Crackington Heath.

Was very odd walking around Boscastle knowing that a few years back water would have been several feet above our heads!

FloodLevel.jpg

Harbour.jpg

SignPost.jpg

Oldsign.jpg

Antiques.jpg

WaterWheel.jpg

And the river that caused so much devestation
River.jpg

Then off to Tintangel...

Cliff.jpg

GoingDown.jpg

Rocks.jpg

SeaView2.jpg

SeaView.jpg

Slate.jpg

And finally on to Crackington Heath

BeachRock.jpg

Cliffface.jpg

Shoreline.jpg

Cliff.jpg

Debris.jpg

Stack.jpg

All in all we had a great little break and will definately be returning early next year.

Sorry for the long thread and tonnes of pics. Comments welcome though :)

Titanium 182
Amazing pictures especially the first few in the woods !

What camera were you using and what ISO + aperture if you don't mind me asking :D just got my first camera and i'm clueless :)

White APE
Cheers guys.

Camera is Nikon D60 with the kit 18-55 VR lense. A recent gift from my GF. The pics have had saturation and levels tweaked a bit but not HDR, ive still no idea how to do that!

Think ISO is still set on 100 (not fiddled with that yet) Shutter speed and apperature varied depending on the conditions. I use that little guide bar when looking through the eye piece to help me as im still new to it all.

Thanks for the comments so far.

Cupra
Really nice shots! That new camera of yours has found a good home.

Do you always shoot in manual?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Last one is my favorite i think. Can not wait till i get some free time to go out and shoot agen, god damn uni work :mad:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love the ones of Tintagel, brings back childhood memories lol, excellent pictures mate.

White APE
Cheers for all the comments, really appreciate it as im still learning.

Yup, everything shot in manual dont use inteligent auto anymore since having my new camera. Id rather learn how to do it then let it do it for me. The only thing i cant get the hang of is manual focus so thats still on auto but everything else im doing myself :)

Cupra
Absolutely nothing wrong with using auto focus! Everybody does, although there are occasions where you are better off without it, 9 time out of 10 it does a better job than your eye can do without a new focusing screen.

The Aperture priority and Shutter priority modes are also good if you want to get creative without all of the hassle of manual.

1.8 Civic EX
Love the ones of Tintagel, brings back childhood memories lol, excellent pictures mate.

lol same here...i've been to all those pics you went when i was a kid...makes me wanna go back now lol

awesome pics...you're like me when it comes to upping the saturation a bit, i do the same sometimes, makes the pics more vibrant.

good effort :approve:

VaVa
lol same here...i've been to all those pics you went when i was a kid...makes me wanna go back now lol

awesome pics...you're like me when it comes to upping the saturation a bit, i do the same sometimes, makes the pics more vibrant.

good effort :approve:

Ditto.

Lovely sharp pictures too.... That kit lens seems like a good one!