ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my dynamique nauty clio

Dynamique 1.2 16v
hey guys!
quite new to this forum been dropping a few posts here and there, just joined as a member aswell waiting for my pack to come through :) picked up my new clio a few weeks ago in this lovely colour, loooking forward to summer to get it all polished up and let the colour shine!

anyway, its a Renault Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique..

my plans for it are:
-stubby aerial (fitted today)
-clear repeaters (in the post)
-silver visions in rear, and osram diadems up front (i know a few people dont like diadems but i thought for this colour car it would go nicely)
-RS grill (currently hunting a cheap one down)
-colour code side strips with anthracite bullets (possibly front and back if im daring enough haha)
-16" 172 alloys refurbed in anthracite (got a good quote on the refurb and colour change now on the look out for the wheels)
-lowering springs maybe coilies (not much point on a 1.2 for coilies though?) between 40-60mm i dont want it slammed just arches filling!
-front and rear diamond in anthracite
-repacing headlights because they seem really discoloured and grim (makes me sad) :p
-cup spoiler in black?
-mist washer jets
-aerotwin wipers (in the post) de wiper the rear
-cliosport.net sticker in anthracite on front lower of bonnet (literally just ordered)
-philips blue visions headlights and side (anyway had any experience with these let me know or any alts?)

off the top of my head thats all i can think off haha any other ideas guys let me know as i just want simple mods nothing ott, just some advice about what to do with this colour? seen alot of nice non sport versions of these but dont want to be a copy cat lol!

here some pictures of the car when i picked her up, currently she is on the drive crying for a good clean but drizzly weather makes it hard :(

thanks again guys (btw im from bedforshire so anyone from near there let me know dont wanna be a loner!!) photo 1.jpgphoto 2.JPG

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Headlights can be sorted, there's enough posts on here about them.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
I would go for coilovers as u will end up buying them after buying springs.
Yeah I have already started looking at them now, just on a slight budget for a few months after August ill be free to go wild with stuff so might wait till then? Any you can recommend mate?:)

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
I use fk highsports they are good and they go really low to if ur want that. They are probebly the cheapest I'd go for coilovers tbh maybe vmaxx (same sorta price)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
I use fk highsports they are good and they go really low to if ur want that. They are probebly the cheapest I'd go for coilovers tbh maybe vmaxx (same sorta price)
Alright bud cheers! Ill look into them nearer the time, how low is low?;)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
If you want cheap lows, go raceland/rokkor/ta technixx (theyre all the same coilover unit) but it'll be a hard ride :p
I'm not overly bothered about it being hard as lowering springs would be wouldn't they? I will check these out aswell, see what id prefer hard hit off the girlfriend for spending alot or hard ride from not spending enough? Hmmm;)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Apex, everyone says they're utter sh*t, but I find them not much worse than standard :)

before:
IMAG0304.jpg

After:

IMAG0319.jpg

IMAG0330.jpg
Ahh nice theme man! Are they the 40mm drop? Looks about as low as I want it tbh :) also I want those lights lol, where did you make a purchase of those then!;)

Your plans sound good :) I'll keep an eye on this.

As already said though, it's pretty simple to sort your headlights out. Don't bother buying any new ones :p

I was going to go for springs at first but I wanted it to be pretty low so I chose coilovers. Even though it corners really good now, the ride comfort has suffered a little! ;)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Your plans sound good :) I'll keep an eye on this.

As already said though, it's pretty simple to sort your headlights out. Don't bother buying any new ones :p

I was going to go for springs at first but I wanted it to be pretty low so I chose coilovers. Even though it corners really good now, the ride comfort has suffered a little! ;)
Thanks!:)

yeah is there a tutorial on the forum for it? Something like fine grit sand paper and a good polish after?! Pair of new light on eBay are £60ish which could go towards something better lol!

Yeah only want to go as low enough to fill the arch gaps for now really :)

Thanks!:)

yeah is there a tutorial on the forum for it? Something like fine grit sand paper and a good polish after?! Pair of new light on eBay are £60ish which could go towards something better lol!

Yeah only want to go as low enough to fill the arch gaps for now really :)

Yeah there’ll be a guide on here somewhere. I just used 1200 & 1500 wet + dry then some rubbing compound and finally T-Cut and polish. Came out looking like new :)

Ah okay, you'll probably be alright with springs then like DanEdser said to fill the arch gaps.

If you ever need any more ideas, check my project thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613699-Danman-s-Mk2-1-6 :)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Yeah there’ll be a guide on here somewhere. I just used 1200 & 1500 wet + dry then some rubbing compound and finally T-Cut and polish. Came out looking like new :)

Ah okay, you'll probably be alright with springs then like DanEdser said to fill the arch gaps.

If you ever need any more ideas, check my project thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?613699-Danman-s-Mk2-1-6 :)

Thanks mate will check it out!
Just an update for everyone!

clear side repeaters are now on, and so are my AeroTwin wipers!! Also got a blue interior light led for a cool effect at night!:)
will
get pictures up later guys!!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
quick update guys, please bare in mind my car is due a real good polish and general clean!

Bosch AeroTwin wipers before:
photo 1.jpg

and then after, look much nicer and clean alot better too, got my mist jets on order coming this week!
photo 2.jpg

stubby aerial
photo 3.jpg

clear side repeaters with chrome amber flash bulbs
photo 4.jpg

and my interior light mod, changed both the main light and the spot light, but decided to have the swivel spotlight bright blue, and then the main light bright white, this is with the main light bright blue before i decided to change it, looks pretty good at night
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

got nothing else planned now until end of next week, because of payday!! ;) just waiting on a few more things to come in the post like cliosport stickers and washer jets! will be updating more in the next few weeks! aswell as having it valeted, ill spend time and money on my own cleaning stuff in the summer, and good materials you can recommend like for polish or any others i may need? currently just got back to black for my plastics which im looking to get done over the weekend!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Just bought a rear wiper grommet so will proceed to de wipering it over the weekend at some point also had my cliosport.net anthracite sticker arrive, just don't know where to place it, bottom right on bonnet above grill next to headlight? :) anyone got an idea of how much my insurance would go up if I lowered it by 40mm? Just a rough guidance?

I had some cheap coilovers on my old mk4 golf and the ride was hard but it handled like a go kart.

If you don't mind a harder ride than you have now then go for coilovers mate. At least then you can slam it if you like or have it at a reasonable height whenever you choose.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
I had some cheap coilovers on my old mk4 golf and the ride was hard but it handled like a go kart.

If you don't mind a harder ride than you have now then go for coilovers mate. At least then you can slam it if you like or have it at a reasonable height whenever you choose.

Yeah I've looked into some Vmaxx coilovers, looking for a good stance for under £400 I know big ask right lol! But for now just wanna fill the gaps in my arches before I upgrade this 15" dynamique alloys. But then I Spose in the long run just getting coilovers will be the best idea? Because I'm gonna have this for a few years whilst I save for a 182. Cheers for the advice though mate!

No problem mate.

That's what I'll be doing in a few months when I have the cash.

I am curious to know how hard 'hard' is from other peoples perspectives though. Like I say my old car was a hard ride but deep down I loved how hard the ride was.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
No problem mate.

That's what I'll be doing in a few months when I have the cash.

I am curious to know how hard 'hard' is from other peoples perspectives though. Like I say my old car was a hard ride but deep down I loved how hard the ride was.
You'll have to let me know what you get and how you find them! You got any current pictures of your clio?:)