ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my dynamique nauty clio

192'd BG 182 FF
i had the Apex springs on my dynamique and they were brilliant, don't listen to the others :rasp:

Dynamique 1.2 16v
i had the Apex springs on my dynamique and they were brilliant, don't listen to the others :rasp:
Sweet man people are really putting my confidence up about them!

Does anyone know what the lowest I can do on standard shocks is? Do I need shortened ones for 60mm or will 40mm on standard be low enough?

Dynamique 1.2 16v

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 63
Yeah probably but they're all at least £50 on the bay. Might get a better deal at a scrappers.

I've thought about making a custom one though to stand out ;)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Yeah probably but they're all at least £50 on the bay. Might get a better deal at a scrappers.

I've thought about making a custom one though to stand out ;)
Good shout for the scrappies idea! Might hav to do that! What kind of custom not chav?:p

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Nooo definitely not chav, no mesh. Thinking a custom slatted grille made from plastic so it looks OEM. :)
Ahhh yeah man that sounds pretty good! I'm tempted to get the renault rs grill, spray anthracite, or just black because I don't want to over anthracite? Do you have any experience vinyl wrapping? I need help with it lol

Dynamique 1.2 16v
My clio sport stickers came today! Got 3 flyers to so will hand those out near where I live! On a few clios I like the look of ;)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 51
If I was you, I would only get springs, at the end of the day, its a 1.2, you're not really gonna do any racing in it for warrant the need for coilovers etc. You can get TA Technixx ones for around the £200 mark, the ride will seriously be shocking, but you can really slam it and stance it how you want.

But I would say save the coilovers for a better car tbh.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Small amount mate yeah.

.. qualified as a sign maker from college.

What do you need help with?

well I bought some grey wrap off eBay and planned wrapping my diamonds but I don't know where to start? I don't have a heat gun, but can source a hair dryer.

My idea being cut out enough to have over hang the edge, stick the piece straight on the badge, make a slit for the whole in the middle and trim it and do the same for the edge, but do I hear the wrap to make it sit flush on the badge itself? Like mould it into the creases? And mould round the inner and outter edges? Hope you kinda understand what I mean lol!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
If I was you, I would only get springs, at the end of the day, its a 1.2, you're not really gonna do any racing in it for warrant the need for coilovers etc. You can get TA Technixx ones for around the £200 mark, the ride will seriously be shocking, but you can really slam it and stance it how you want.

But I would say save the coilovers for a better car tbh.
Yeah I 100% see what you mean, coils for a better stance unless I get 60mm springs, but 40 should be enough IMO. Yeahh save that £200-500 towards saving for something better. Cheers for the honest feedback mate! Not as many people are slating Apex as I thought they would so I don't think ill have a problem them atall on standard shocks? I kind of like the feel of a hard ride (don't know why, because I probably shouldn't!) <--- might regret saying that last bit ;)

Yeah I 100% see what you mean, coils for a better stance unless I get 60mm springs, but 40 should be enough IMO. Yeahh save that £200-500 towards saving for something better. Cheers for the honest feedback mate! Not as many people are slating Apex as I thought they would so I don't think ill have a problem them atall on standard shocks? I kind of like the feel of a hard ride (don't know why, because I probably shouldn't!) <--- might regret saying that last bit ;)

I agree with the harder ride bit, makes it feel more "sporty". dodging potholes FTW!

TBH, I wouldn't want to go lower than 40mm on standard shocks, if you wanted 60mm, the shocks may wear much quicker, so IMO either 40mm standard shocks, or coils.

:)

well I bought some grey wrap off eBay and planned wrapping my diamonds but I don't know where to start? I don't have a heat gun, but can source a hair dryer.

My idea being cut out enough to have over hang the edge, stick the piece straight on the badge, make a slit for the whole in the middle and trim it and do the same for the edge, but do I hear the wrap to make it sit flush on the badge itself? Like mould it into the creases? And mould round the inner and outter edges? Hope you kinda understand what I mean lol!

You'd want it so the wrap actually wraps around to the back of the badge.

That's the only help I can be useful for LOL

Dynamique 1.2 16v
I agree with the harder ride bit, makes it feel more "sporty". dodging potholes FTW!

TBH, I wouldn't want to go lower than 40mm on standard shocks, if you wanted 60mm, the shocks may wear much quicker, so IMO either 40mm standard shocks, or coils.

I'm dodging them like a b***h at the moment. Roads round here are f****d!! But yes that's what I mean! "Sporty" stiff ride!

okay ill be doing that then either next month or month after! Hopefully can find someone to fit them cheap aswell

Dynamique 1.2 16v
You'd want it so the wrap actually wraps around to the back of the badge.

That's the only help I can be useful for LOL
Ahh cool cool so enough to pretty much completely cover the badge!!

and as for the "clio" logo, would it be easier to just paint that? Still primer and lacquer? (I'm really new to all of this so bare with the stupid questions. First car and only stupid motor vehicle repair at college for two years and then never persued it further regret it now lol)

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Thanks!! Won't look as good as yours!:( how you getting on with it? Got much else planned?

Thanks mate, I'm sure yours will look amazing! Tbh I'm not happy with how mine looks just now lol absolutely hate the sh*tty ripspeed alloys that it came with haha
Next major thing happening is a massive scrape on the back right quarter panel which is being repaired by myself. I made a deal with my local body shop, if I can fill, prime and spray the quarter panel and make it look 'acceptable' to them, I get the crash damaged sill repaired for free :D couldn't say no so bought some filler etc and got cracking!

After that I'm saving for alloys.
What's your next plan?

Ahh cool cool so enough to pretty much completely cover the badge!!

and as for the "clio" logo, would it be easier to just paint that? Still primer and lacquer? (I'm really new to all of this so bare with the stupid questions. First car and only stupid motor vehicle repair at college for two years and then never persued it further regret it now lol)

Yeah rear clio badge would be much easier to spray! Sand it down to get rid of the chrome finish (don't use too harsh of a sandpaper though maybe like 1000grit? IDK), make sure its cleaaan! and when i mean clean, I mean ridiculously clean, any bit of dirt or anything, even dust, can ruin the finish! Then a good 3 coats of plastic primer (leave 20-30 mins between coats) then leave it for about an hour or two to harden a bit, flat it down with some 2000grit (don't be too rough, it's just to smooth out any imperfections etc) then make sure its clean again, then 3 layers of colour, then same as before (flatting etc) then 3 layers on lacquer and then leave overnight to let it dry completely before putting it on the car.

If anyone wants to correct me on anything, go ahead, but I think that's about right.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Thanks mate, I'm sure yours will look amazing! Tbh I'm not happy with how mine looks just now lol absolutely hate the sh*tty ripspeed alloys that it came with haha
Next major thing happening is a massive scrape on the back right quarter panel which is being repaired by myself. I made a deal with my local body shop, if I can fill, prime and spray the quarter panel and make it look 'acceptable' to them, I get the crash damaged sill repaired for free :D couldn't say no so bought some filler etc and got cracking!

After that I'm saving for alloys.
What's your next plan?
Cannot argue with that deal! Seems like you have nice people up there tbh! Scroungy bastardos down my way don't get nothing for free! Even my mate wants £80 to fit my springs lol?!

Well either lowering or alloys? They're are my major things! The rest I can do myself, need to look into some good cleaning products really make the nautilus really pop!!

Next weekend going to try order and fit rsgrille, then revamp my uv exposed headlights (look shocking!!) and hopefully dewiper, fit C4 washer jets and take it for a valet down the road and fit my cliosport sticker to the front..

Not gonna do any colour coding until summer when I can leave the parts in the garage without the fear of rain! But will be doing side strips for definate and maybe extorted handles if I feel daring! And also the boot release button in the rear diamond.

apart from that not much else for the moment really, trying to decide on wheels now, quite fancy just 16s maybe 17s but don't want it to look out of place? Wouldn't mind some Heko wind deflectors.. I could list alot tbh!!

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Yeah rear clio badge would be much easier to spray! Sand it down to get rid of the chrome finish (don't use too harsh of a sandpaper though maybe like 1000grit? IDK), make sure its cleaaan! and when i mean clean, I mean ridiculously clean, any bit of dirt or anything, even dust, can ruin the finish! Then a good 3 coats of plastic primer (leave 20-30 mins between coats) then leave it for about an hour or two to harden a bit, flat it down with some 2000grit (don't be too rough, it's just to smooth out any imperfections etc) then make sure its clean again, then 3 layers of colour, then same as before (flatting etc) then 3 layers on lacquer and then leave overnight to let it dry completely before putting it on the car.

If anyone wants to correct me on anything, go ahead, but I think that's about right.

ahh brilliant!! Might do this when I do my side bump strips! Gonna do my bullets in the same colour all smooth out! Can I get a 16v decal anywhere for my bullets ones smoothed?

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
Cannot argue with that deal! Seems like you have nice people up there tbh! Scroungy bastardos down my way don't get nothing for free! Even my mate wants £80 to fit my springs lol?!

Well either lowering or alloys? They're are my major things! The rest I can do myself, need to look into some good cleaning products really make the nautilus really pop!!

Next weekend going to try order and fit rsgrille, then revamp my uv exposed headlights (look shocking!!) and hopefully dewiper, fit C4 washer jets and take it for a valet down the road and fit my cliosport sticker to the front..

Not gonna do any colour coding until summer when I can leave the parts in the garage without the fear of rain! But will be doing side strips for definate and maybe extorted handles if I feel daring! And also the boot release button in the rear diamond.

apart from that not much else for the moment really, trying to decide on wheels now, quite fancy just 16s maybe 17s but don't want it to look out of place? Wouldn't mind some Heko wind deflectors.. I could list alot tbh!!

Sounds good mate! The lads at the garage are great guys! Very friendly and they appreciate a well done car - guy that works there has a black mk4 golf which is sitting about 1.5inches off the ground static! And wearing bluey - green alloys. Looks stunning!
As for the detailing, Autoglym Super resin polish works an absolute treat! Really makes the car shine! I done mine with a cheap 12v polisher from Hellfrauds and the result is like a mirror! If you get the 1L bottle, you'll struggle to use it all in a lifetime. I got the 500ml bottle which is a lot easier to hold as well :p lazy me haha

I personally think 17's are too big.. But that's my opinion! 16's are perfect for me.
Mist jets are my next wee mod. 50p from a scrapys!!
And I definitely need an rs grill, had to smash my standard one the other day to manually release the bonnet. Had an old battery in the car and the cold made it die completely overnight so wasn't even enough charge to activate the central locking so was locked out lol.

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Sounds good mate! The lads at the garage are great guys! Very friendly and they appreciate a well done car - guy that works there has a black mk4 golf which is sitting about 1.5inches off the ground static! And wearing bluey - green alloys. Looks stunning!
As for the detailing, Autoglym Super resin polish works an absolute treat! Really makes the car shine! I done mine with a cheap 12v polisher from Hellfrauds and the result is like a mirror! If you get the 1L bottle, you'll struggle to use it all in a lifetime. I got the 500ml bottle which is a lot easier to hold as well :p lazy me haha

I personally think 17's are too big.. But that's my opinion! 16's are perfect for me.
Mist jets are my next wee mod. 50p from a scrapys!!
And I definitely need an rs grill, had to smash my standard one the other day to manually release the bonnet. Had an old battery in the car and the cold made it die completely overnight so wasn't even enough charge to activate the central locking so was locked out lol.
If you can get a picture of that golf id like to see it sounds like heaven!

ill definately look into the polisher and the autoglym thanks for that!

yea can't wait to fit my mist jets! And 16 is a perfect size I believe! I saw the thread about the battery but I didn't have any idea about what it could have been, you sorted it now though? *finger crossed*

Renault Clio 1.2 16V
If you can get a picture of that golf id like to see it sounds like heaven!

ill definately look into the polisher and the autoglym thanks for that!

yea can't wait to fit my mist jets! And 16 is a perfect size I believe! I saw the thread about the battery but I didn't have any idea about what it could have been, you sorted it now though? *finger crossed*

Yeah all sorted now mate. Hands are ruined from squeezing between the radiator and the bumper though haha

ahh brilliant!! Might do this when I do my side bump strips! Gonna do my bullets in the same colour all smooth out! Can I get a 16v decal anywhere for my bullets ones smoothed?

He should still have the template from when he did mine ;)

13.png

I was too lazy to start preparing the plastic door strips though. I managed to find a painted set off a 172, all I had to do was flat it down and give them a few coats of paint & lacquer :)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
He should still have the template from when he did mine ;)

13.png

I was too lazy to start preparing the plastic door strips though. I managed to find a painted set off a 172, all I had to do was flat it down and give them a few coats of paint & lacquer :)
Ahhh nice! I have PM'd him anyway should here back soon :)

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Theres cheaper ones on the forum?
This is true, the sale part of this forum is always filled with goodies I love having a browse. Payday next week. Then might get a few things off there! Hoping there is some 172 or even 182 alloys on there (yn) would it be weird to just paint side bump strips and leave the rest plastic? Just think it breaks up the blue abit? Any good stuff to treat plastics with?

This is true, the sale part of this forum is always filled with goodies I love having a browse. Payday next week. Then might get a few things off there! Hoping there is some 172 or even 182 alloys on there (yn) would it be weird to just paint side bump strips and leave the rest plastic? Just think it breaks up the blue abit? Any good stuff to treat plastics with?

Autofinesse revive for the plastics - and as for just painting the side strips and leaving the other plastics, that's exactly what I've done and I like it that way :p

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Autofinesse revive for the plastics - and as for just painting the side strips and leaving the other plastics, that's exactly what I've done and I like it that way :p
Cool mate ill look into that!:) yeah I just think it breaks up the colour of blue as it is quite a bright colour! Other reason can't be bothered and don't want to spend that much money on this because its only 1.2 and my first car lol

Dynamique 1.2 16v
Update!:)

New most washer jets fitted work really well with Bosch AeroTwin wipers :) lovely clean windscreen! Dirty dusty car damn muddy roads!:(

Maldonado fitted LED number plate light! Pics up later of the light!

also dewiper grommet came today might look into de wipering next week! Has anyone done this? Any guide on what to do?

For now some pictures of a dirty clio (mine) and a dirty 206 cc (mums) french car FTW!!!

iphone only let me upload the picture of the 206!-.-

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    524.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited: