ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first 172, but its getting there

Iceberg Silver 172
Heres my 172 clio in arctic, it took some finding as im on a real tight budget but its awesome, im so pleased with it.
It was standard when i got it and it wont be going to far away from the standard look or the standard engine, but i want everything to be perfect, each mod to be done to such a high standard because i think if your going to put time and effort into something then do it to best it possibly can be done.
Heres a few pictures from when i got it, some are off my iphone so sorry about the quality.

The day i got her, taken in a pub car park near Wetherby, North Yorkshire
IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0824.jpg

This is without any changes due to being skint after buying her for a bargain price.
Heres the spec-
FRSH with 64k
cambelt and aux done on 59k.
new front discs and pads at 59k, but they will be upgraded soonish i hope.
new exhaust done at 59k aswell.
mint condition apart from a couple of marks here and there, and a bad scuff on the front near side bumper, with flaking around the washer jet.
Its all standard from here.

Last edited:
Looks good, although thats iceberg silver just to let you know.

A set of new plates would improve it for pennies as well.

Iceberg Silver 172
My first attempt at carbon wrapping the front diamond badge
DSCF0890.jpg

which if i do say so myself its pretty good, until i can afford to get the dude off here to real carbon wrap a front badge, and the rear diamond, rear clio and rear new style renault sport badges.

Iceberg Silver 172
This is off my iPhone 4g with the HDR on, just though it was a good picture, but it was taken the day after i got it

IMG_0854.jpg

Iceberg Silver 172
Turinis bought :D
DSCF0894.jpg

DSCF0893.jpg

just need a good clean and maybe a refurb after winter.
Just lowered on eibachs 40mm aswell coz the wheels looked lose in the arches and i couldnt afford coilys yet, but will be changing them for coilys in the summer after saving.

Dunno which ones yet tho so could do with some advice or ideas on which ones work best on 172's for day to day driving, weekend country road blasts and maybe a couple of track days next year, but i need to be able to live with them from day to day.

Fiesta ST3
Really nice mate. I got my cup last week and im made up! Ive only driven it in either snow or rain :(. bring on summer :D

Fiesta ST3
are they sport contact 3's?? if so you car is going the same way I want mine to go ;). Going for springs, whilst saving for coilies...

Iceberg Silver 172
Really nice mate. I got my cup last week and im made up! Ive only driven it in either snow or rain :(. bring on summer :D

There so good mate, the handling is what has blown me away, defo bring on summer and some DRY country roads

Fiesta ST3
exactly! yeh, I used to have a 1.1 saxo so the difference is mega! I love it in second when you hit 5k rpm - and it takes off! :D

Iceberg Silver 172
are they sport contact 3's?? if so you car is going the same way I want mine to go ;). Going for springs, whilst saving for coilies...

Correct they were contact 3's but they were so so low on tread so ive just had 4 toyo's put on today, but with the snow and stuff i cant go for a proper drive and scrub them in.

Fiesta ST3
yeah, we have been lucky here, no snow, only frost and abit of ice. My car is a tip tho atm. Needs a real clean...

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Fcuk me gently! That cars moved a long way! A1 Sports and performance is by my house!

Looks nice though.

Iceberg Silver 172
Yeah mine need a real god clean, i havent even started to detail it yet so i cant wait till spring for a bit of better weather to clay, polish, and dodo wax it.

Iceberg Silver 172
Fcuk me gently! That cars moved a long way! A1 Sports and performance is by my house!

Looks nice though.

lol cheers, it needs a new number plate tho so the a1 sports and performance bit will sadly be disappearing soonish, just need some time to get to the dvla office to put my private plate on, which should be sometime this week, fingers crossed

Clio 172
Looking good mate. Which pub you collect it from? I work in Wetherby, you from hgate by the looks of your pics?

Iceberg Silver 172
Looking good mate. Which pub you collect it from? I work in Wetherby, you from hgate by the looks of your pics?

erm I got the car in wetherby, but stop off on the way back home (York). Dunno which pub or where tho. Good eye! That pic is from harrogate, but dont live there I live in Rawcliffe York.

Iceberg Silver 172
Ive just sorted my dashboard computer thank to some help on here, my range part of the computer was always flashing for lines ------- like it was working it out but it never did. but now thanks to the holding down the button on the end of the stork and turning the ignition on ive played with the thing and its all sorted now :) well happy

Iceberg Silver 172
Finally had a bit of time to have drive to leeds and get my private plate put across, ordered some gel resin ones of ebay, really please with them but he couldnt do a 3/4 front one so i took a risk and ordered full size front and back then cut the front one down, again really pleased with the size and finish after a while of cutting and sanding.

af1db27d.jpg

9f236368.jpg

6a73a8ed.jpg

car needs a real good clean, and the pictures are after a wet morning drive to work so the images dont really do them justice.

BG182FF
looks real nice that mate, its come along very well. is it lowered? and what did you use to cut your numberplate down?

Peugeot 106 GTi
Haha, you park just like me in car parks by the look of it.. right up to the yellow line on the disabled bay. Best way!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
pretty smart. Simple.

The new domed plates look naff as does the Speedline grafix, should be around the outside lip. I'd be temped to try and touch up the bumper too, bit of touch up paint and some 4000grip should 'improve' it!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Looks nice. Suspension wise, kw v2's. Adjustable damping (can adjust all four from under the bonnet and boot in under 2mins). Brilliant for road use (supple, rides very well) and great on track. Not cheap mind.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Not that expensive either?! Decent gear, cost paper. But if you're on a budget Eibach sportlines.