ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first car...

200 FF Storm Grey
Best off just using a squeegy mate, not a fan of using chamis myself, prob worse than sponges for swirl marks, bit of water mark don't really make any difference, just go over it with a micro fibre cloth before you wax it (if you're not polishing)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
O thanks alot lol, I go down to screwfix on a thursday which is opposite royal mail... but there's never anybody else about apart from us and I don't drive it like a 'ball bag'

Besides you know if it was me, RED WHEELS!

lol wasnt ment to be offencive :approve:

Lol. Alex, you will be taught on Sat mate, make sure you get round for the washing stages around 10-half passed.

Oh and btw. I MISS HER :(!!

200 FF Storm Grey
lol it's k, what night was you on about? And is it the same royal mail depot as never see anybody about apart from us?

Titanium 182
With the same drying towel or should I get another?

Just squeeze it out will be fine, you can go really ott with cleaning.

Best off just using a squeegy mate, not a fan of using chamis myself, prob worse than sponges for swirl marks, bit of water mark don't really make any difference, just go over it with a micro fibre cloth before you wax it (if you're not polishing)

He's using a proper drying towel barron, a squeegy is like worst then a chamois lol !

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182

he's using a Megs drying towel (i went with him to buy it) i personaly dont know were he's going wrong lol i dont struggle

So quick wipe off all around top to bottom then spray down with quik detailer and wipe again?

NO

NO

With the same drying towel or should I get another?

NO

NOOO!

Alex. Wash the car, rinse, then spritz the QD over the car. Then dry, ring out, dry, ring out dry until you have done the whole car. If you go back to it you WILL swirl it. That type of mark is easier to correct, but it will still need to be corrected. Leave it until tomorrow, I'll show thee :)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
lol it's k, what night was you on about? And is it the same royal mail depot as never see anybody about apart from us?

different for the record the one your talking about is in Bewsey/Orford, the one im taking about is in Great Sankey, i never go on the one your talkin about thus why yesterday everyone staired at me as i drove on to see alex :eek:

Titanium 182
All I meant was get the massive blobs off the roof first so you don't saturate the towel then spritz QD & dry. :(

There shouldn't be much to dry on the sides anyway if it's well waxed (which it is.)

DCi 100
different for the record the one your talking about is in Bewsey/Orford, the one im taking about is in Great Sankey, i never go on the one your talkin about thus why yesterday everyone staired at me as i drove on to see alex :eek:

They were all like "Who's that?" "I know that guy..." "What's with the yellow headlights?"

Walked back over to Phil and he was like "I know him! :D "

Took me about 30 mins to wash the car last night and another hour to get it reasonably drive, all the front bumper/bonnet/wings and most of the sides were ok. It's just the roof/spoiler/rear window/mirrors that were water marked slightly.

Don't worry Jamie I'll follow forearms.

200 FF Storm Grey

I right, you would of met me usually but with me not having the car I decided on pub instead!

DCi 100
You going to Trafford next week Cunney? I'm half decided about going, it's abit of a trek to get home for 11ish though in the 1.2.

200 FF Storm Grey
You going to Trafford next week Cunney? I'm half decided about going, it's abit of a trek to get home for 11ish though in the 1.2.

Yeh prob will mate, get the car back that night :) Why do you need to be back for 11'ish? It's only like 20-30 min drive, not too bad

DCi 100
Just preffer to have 8 hours sleep, as I've already lost tons of weight etc and want to pick it back up again so rest = growth.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Just preffer to have 8 hours sleep, as I've already lost tons of weight etc and want to pick it back up again so rest = growth.

80087958.jpg

200 FF Storm Grey
Lol, remember this lad is a wee boi at 17 Cunney!

Prob why it's only took him a week to fill your clio full of holes and scrapes :(

How's the gym going mate? Not been for 2 1/2 weeks now due to the car and feel v.sh1t for it, if you're at jjb we should start combining our sessions, I go warrington one say thursdays, you go wigan tuesdays, need some competition else I get no motivation!

DCi 100
Prob why it's only took him a week to fill your clio full of holes and scrapes :(

How's the gym going mate? Not been for 2 1/2 weeks now due to the car and feel v.sh1t for it, if you're at jjb we should start combining our sessions, I go warrington one say thursdays, you go wigan tuesdays, need some competition else I get no motivation!

Aye I've been looking after it, holes will be replaced and the scrap was just an accident, Mr I like to drive on no wheels! :eek:

Quite fancy going in the wigan branch to compare, as the warrington one is kinda small IMO. I'm skinny as a pipe at the moment so can't wake to crack on with things.

And leave me alone Jamie, I want my sleep.

200 FF Storm Grey
Aye I've been looking after it, holes will be replaced and the scrap was just an accident, Mr I like to drive on no wheels! :eek:

Quite fancy going in the wigan branch to compare, as the warrington one is kinda small IMO. I'm skinny as a pipe at the moment so can't wake to crack on with things.

And leave me alone Jamie, I want my sleep.

Same here mate, all was going well, put on a stone in like 3 month then lost motivation and just been going to maintain current level rather than keep pushing

DCi 100
Same here mate, all was going well, put on a stone in like 3 month then lost motivation and just been going to maintain current level rather than keep pushing

Always push hard as possible mate. It's just getting enought sleep with work/college for me.

JD, My DOB is 01/05/1992. :eek:

Christ, and I thought My sister was young at '89!

Anyway, enough chitter chatter in your thread of pictures, get some more up!!

DCi 100
Tell you what, I'll post the interior imperfections to sort out.

zOtOx.png

OARLK.png

Fv4W8.png

MSFku.png

ocx0Q.png

Wj9kV.png

Basically just get a whole new dash, clean it to perfection before it goes in and then sorted.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Easy to pick up! But as you say a whole dash :) jesus is breaking his is the dash going?

DCi 100
Easy to pick up! But as you say a whole dash :) jesus is breaking his is the dash going?

He is, but I'm holding out on spending money at the moment, I will in a short while as I'm not cutting into what I have at the moment. It's going to be a good few 100 quid so.

DCi 100
vU5FN.jpg

Quick picture from last night, going to add my others to the Warrington thread.

Last edited:
  DCi 100
Update today guys, sorting out some problems...

2BLfv.png

The problem:
y6crx.png

Everytime I reversed out of the driveway, it'd scrape slightly along the floor, and the more I caught it the lower it would go mm by mm as it peeled forward.

Pretty much an hour later:
Oqron.jpg

Y7QSn.jpg

:rolleyes:

8QPMV.png

I'm going to get a new bonnet when I get RS wings/skirts aswell...

DhFhK.png

pPyiB.png

The whole front end has some form of acne...
11WeR.png

gDJnQ.png

pToqv.png

D6Ua0.png

iLeeh.png

KeeDE.png

DCi 100
Thickness of the splitter:

XnIhG.png

Was another cm lower than it actually appeared! Mega :)

Are these microphones for the handfree JD?

2XyPV.png

I want to get chop of them when plans come through.

The car had these on either wing:

MCidI.png

A2awa.png

And now without on either wing.

Also fitted the washer blanks for good now, managed to squeeze my arms through the maze of the front end and attach the washers and bolts to have them secured.

Going to look for a thinner splitter Jamie.