ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My First Ever Project Clio MK2 PH1 1.2

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Well, First things first, Introduction.

Im Jet, 17, Fully Un-Qualified Mechanic as i like to say, Seeing as i have the paperwork to say im a qualified mechanic but still dont know half the things i should.

Well, My car is a Black Mk2 1.2 RN Phase 1 Clio. 1999 T registered.

Completely stock!

No pictures as of yet :p
Will get them posted up tomorrow =]

But anyway, First thing is it has some front end damage.

Person before me had totalled the front end, Not much damage, But required a new bumper, grill and bonnet.

Got the Bumper and Grill sorted, Still need to find a cheap enough bonnet.

Anyway, As i have to paint these parts i was thinking, Hmmm, Fully Coded Car?

Thoughts, Everything Color Coded with Yellow bullets and black writing or Black bullet yellow writing?

Im gonna try both i think :p

Anyway,

A quick question, Think if i bought some Renault Clio Alloys it would affect my insurance as they are manufacturers specification alloys and are fitted to some clios?

To-Do List

Induction Kit
Exhaust
Color Code Everything

Any more ideas?

Clio mk2 phase 2
Wheels will affect insurance, i take it you're after some 16" Renault Sport ones? I had 16" 5 spokes from 172 on my 1.2 clio and when the time came to renew insurance it was like 10-20% extra.

Im 20 now and got quoted £65 extra insurance for alloys, even though they were Renault ones, didnt 'quote me happy' :(

Ian