ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first pressure washer - need some advice

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Karchers are epic I bought my Karcher 2.99 off Ebay for £90 reconditioned-

its slugged its way through at least 50 cars- without fault

Good bits of kit- although I had to buy my own lance-

S

E39 530i
The nearest place I'll be able to connect this to is the downstairs toilet sink tap, do these power washers come with everything needed to get up and running out the box? What else would I need to buy?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
You'll need a tap adaptor. Proper PITA those are. Had one at an old house. Really really awful. Generally filled the entire room with a shower of rain every f**king time no matter if someone was there to guard it or not.

You'll also need a snow-foam lance, from CYC or i4D for instance.

Nilfisk have metal impellers, Karcher have plastic impellers. Plastic breaks more easily than metal. Karchers are more likely to break than Nilfisks.

Audi TT 225
Nilfisk have metal impellers, Karcher have plastic impellers. Plastic breaks more easily than metal. Karchers are more likely to break than Nilfisks.

THIS! I went through 4 Karchers in 3 years, (not the cheap ones either), terrible reliability IMO (and I look after my kit). My Nilfisk has been going strong 2 years now and cost half the price!

Good deal here, I just bought my dad the same one from here about a month ago.

http://cpc.farnell.com/1/1/16859-pressure-washer-1400w-110bar-c110-3-5-x-tra-nilfisk-alto.html

PS, it's free postage over £45 (excl VAT) so grab yourself a USB pen drive or something like I did to make up the difference :)

http://cpc.farnell.com/integral/infd4gbevobl/usb-drive-4gb-evo/dp/CS21313

Still cheaper than the Ebay one, you are dealing with a proper company should anything go wrong and you get a free 4GB USB pen effectively. Win Win IMO :) (Assuming you don't want a patio brush, I didn't)

Last edited: