ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first Renault ..172 Cup

Hello thought id introduce myself. I'm Chris from Cleethorpes and I've recently purchased my 172 cup.

After coming from my Accord Type R and my BMW E36 328 sport . I was on the hunt for a hot hatch and got it set in my mind that a 172 cup was what I wanted. Also was looking to have a silver one so narrowing the list down even more. I found a blue one locally but it just wasn't any good it just looked like it hadn't been looked after and was in a right state.You know that when the owner is telling me over and over about the top speed of the thing and how many cars hes 'done' in it. So I just walked away.

After looking on the net I made a trip to the Essex area to have a look at my preferred colour choice of a silver cup, it ticked all the boxes for me. Body work in good condition, stacks of service history and a few modifications. Full cat back stealth exhaust and de-cat, some unknown coilovers, pollybushed dog mount and pipercross panel filter.

Its far from being mint but I'm happy with it. Future plans are to put standard new cup suspension on it with cook sport springs, I'm waiting for new brembo HC discs and DS2500 pads from G 172 to come which should be with me any day. Maybe a new steering wheel because for me it changes the way the car feel's. Other than that maybe some ad08 tyres and book my first track day. Cadwell park being very close me is ideal, I seem to be spending a lot of time there watching track days , I think i need to grow some and book one. I was there Thursday evening and there was a few users there. I'd ideally like a passenger ride first ,just so i know what to expect.:D

Any way cheers for reading , I must say this seems like one of the best forums I have been on.

Cheers Chris

DSC_0255.jpg

DSC_0256.jpg

Cheers for the opinions ....

Small update too . My brakes came from g172 (top man) Bembo HC and ds2500's . So a trip to work and there on. First time I've had it on a ramp really. Had a good look over and its all clean really. Those Raceland coilovers are going for standard cup shocks and cooksport springs as soon as . While there a friend of a friend had his lotus exige s in for a slight noise. Lucky for me I had a passenger ride in it and I've not stopped smiling all afternoon , never been in anything like it. Safe to say I wan't one :D

5c0cfe5a-81f1-4ddf-91f3-5882044b2b13.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

172cup
Looks tidy, Wish I had got a berg cup now.

You're not too far from me if your in Clee, Hopefully see you about.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Looks nice. Book plenty of tuition with your first track day or you'll be forever modding the suspension. Determined to keep my cup bog standard

Cheers for the positive comments so far...

Just a small update really since the last post two things happened in this time the first being the exhaust back box on a custom stealth system snapped , back to the workshop and its as solid as it ever was now. The second being the high pressure power steering pipe decided to leak all over my drive way!!! At first tried to repair it on the very cheap IE bodge job, but as with anything that's a bodge it didn't work. After contemplating a new pipe i took the pipe to a hydraulic firm locally and they repaired it for free (its who you know haha). Put the pipe back on and all is good with that.

Membership pack has come through which is top notch.

This week my plans are to get it serviced , all fluids and belts. Swap the carriers over at the front and do the rear brakes. I've just handed my notice in at my place and doing something different so wont have access to a ramp anymore. So getting as much as i can done in a month:D .

The one thing i would like at the minute is a new steering wheel and i'm looking at nardi's as you don't see them on clio's often:cool:
http://www.driftworks.com/nardi-classic-steering-wheel-black-suede-with-black-spokes-330mm.htm

anyway some photos

20140726_162637.jpg

20140726_162648.jpg

20140726_162745.jpg

20140725_1552472.jpg

And one repaired pipe
20140721_161615.jpg

cheers Chris

Another addition bought an oreca racing steering steering wheel (330mm). I must say it feels awesome . I just need a horn button or phase 1 stalk and new bolt as I've missed placed it doh .

Cheers again chris

20140807_204314.jpg