ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first yellow car - Leon FR

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Having never had a SEAT until a year ago I now seem to have 4 on the drive 🤷🏻‍♂️

Viewed and bought this morning and it's now peeing down so dealer pics and the only one I've taken so far.

Details are 110k, 170bhp, diesel, very yellow, quite high.

47D36E8C-BAD3-4D99-B259-31E1083FC161.png
DF16D9F2-3AAB-4E21-852C-6BA2D4E42988.png
C8F6ED65-F0F4-46B0-AE31-2602FE2CC75C.png
54DB7FD6-970D-4746-A5B2-A37504F1C9F4.png
ECDA0C8D-4769-4723-9F89-568D6B3E6702.png
418470AB-4B05-4E5C-AF4F-0B0893EA20B3.jpeg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Shove the RNS-315 nav unit in and some other wheels and you're sorted.

Are those black wheels 18's? Stock should be 17" which could be why it's riding high.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'll probably go for a Pioneer or Alpine CarPlay stereo tbh.

They are 18s, I've no idea, I assumed they were original! I've got a set of 17s with better tyres anyway so I'll maybe see how they look

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
A fiend of mine had one of these a few years ago, with the same 170PS engine. It was a decent steer for what it was, I quite liked it.

Clio 197
It should just peel off but you can also spray WD40 on it, let it soak for a bit and then rub it off or use a power washer.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do love a yellow car and that shape Leon FR was a cracker. Weird the outside still looks modern compared with the interior.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was tempted by one a little while ago but was a few hundred quid away.

Hope it serves you well mate

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Spray Tar and glue remover over the wheels, leave for 15 minutes, pressure wash off.
It’s the easiest pain free way to remove plasti-dip. (I used to valet a car for a guy that did it for a living)

Oh, and yellow cars are hella-gay!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
I'll probably go for a Pioneer or Alpine CarPlay stereo tbh.

Usually ends up costing more, and obviously doesn't integrate with steering wheel, HVAC controls and parking sensors (if you have them).
Need a miriad of converters to run an aftermarket stereo which adds to the cost, and the Fascia plate is never quite the right colour.

The RNS-315 is about £250 used, plugs right in without any coding.
It has bluetooth, DAB+, SD card and it still supports the lower USB socket and aux-in port you have in front of the gearknob.

no way, I’m sick in my mouth everytime I get in my brother in laws. That f**king dash 🤢

It's mostly common VAG group stuff from the Mk6 Golf era.

White LCD display
steering wheel controls
indicators
light switch
stereo

Different clocks in the binnacle and different AC controls, oh and the gearknob I guess.

47102839174_d087f94559_b.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
No it doesn't have RCA output, people usually connect a sub buy using the speaker wire and a line output converter to get the connectors and signal, but if you're really into car audio then the only way is aftermarket.

Is a trade-off I guess, but for the average user the RNS315 is the best value for money option.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not insuring it straight away as I don't actually need it yet and it'll save me £70-80. Swapped the cars about to put it in the garage and thought I should take a pic of the 2 of them.

760C2AFB-7F30-4D6A-B985-4A9776AF8B8E.jpeg
1C597E58-1B0D-41F1-AE0B-7D7594FB7EFF.jpeg
6CF16595-C53A-451A-AC2B-AE07637C5875.jpeg
65AF0A6F-61E2-49DE-AC20-0D1E77773758.jpeg

I mean, basically the same. Red one site

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm not sure why you would, they look like Citroen Picassos to me! You seem to enjoy them though :LOL:

I get that! Tbh, even though I now have 2 I've only driven sub 20 miles in them combined 😂 so here's hoping I like it.

I very very nearly bought another 172 but it didn't work out, daughter has wanted a yellow car for ages so searched yellow and this came up. Wasn't really looking for a Leon as such!

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
You didn't think the standard FR suspension is stiff enough?? You want it even harder for the long commutes you're gunna do?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Didn't feel too bad to me at all tbh. But given the height, especially at the back, I'm not convinced its got FR suspension there anyway!

If they're too much they'll come off and I'll get some Eibachs instead

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yea there's every chance it's got normal springs on, especially if the last owner just shoved on whatever was cheapest.

IIRC the FR suspension is from Sachs, might be able to see a logo on to see whats on there?