ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Ford Racing Puma... Advert Chat etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I think they would have been even worse from Photobucket tbf mate. They are from Flickr and both were taken from my iPhone4. It even ruined 2 Dslr pictures, the first 2! :(

Trader Rating - 100%
38   0   0
  172 Race Car
Lovely example. always liked them

I remember when we had one delivered to the dealer I worked at (think it was #37 or something low). The panel beater came out and ripped into the build quality/fitment of the rear arches, Lol

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I'm honest I didn't actually read it all but if I was buying a car, all of that information would sell the car to me tbh. Shows just how much it's been looked after.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Lotus Elise
Interesting advert, I cant decide whether it would put me off or not. Strange I know.

I love the final pictures of the history, I have that for my T believe it or not.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Lovely car.

Still too cheap imho though, id advertise it at £5,995. That level of geekiness will appeal to the purists, not the type of people that scrape the barrell for the cheap ones. Like me lol.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Lovely car.

Still too cheap imho though, id advertise it at £5,995. That level of geekiness will appeal to the purists, not the type of people that scrape the barrell for the cheap ones. Like me lol.

I agree. When I see something for £5250, it tells me that the seller wants £5000. If the seller wants £5000, just advertise it at £4999.

If it was mine, it would be up for top dollar. £5999.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tempted to buy it for five large, just so I can sell it back to him for six when he realises he went full r****d.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Superb advert mate.

Epic car. You want your head read for getting shot of that for a f**king TT of all things.

White noise! ;)

Lovely car.

I really didn't want to go that high. It's priced honestly and hopefully to sell with no fannying around!

I agree. When I see something for £5250, it tells me that the seller wants £5000. If the seller wants £5000, just advertise it at £4999.

If it was mine, it would be up for top dollar. £5999.

It's on 109k. You know how bed wetters feel about anything over 10k.

I want 5250 not 5k. ;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Great advert. All the info you want there. How long did it take to put that together

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Kev, the images need re-sizing before uploading. This should minimise the crap quality.

(Check my project thread for my last two zed photos, from iphone, to pc (resized) then emailed to phone and uploaded via photobucket phone app)

Want to email me them in full size, I'll reduce them all in photoshop? Then I'll put them on here and you can re-upload to pistonheads.

P.s £5250 minimum you spanner.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Please mate that would be fantastic. Will you edit my thread?

PM me your email.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Trader Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I want 5250 not 5k. ;)

If you want 5250, advertise at 6000.

At 5250 im gonna turn up with 4500 in 20's, find loads of faults with the thing, then drive off in your car knowing that ive just rinsed you. Thats how it works Gally ;)

Re: the pic quality, i just reduce the size in paint by 50% then upload to photobucket, keeps the 'quality' then.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah I know how things work. I might have done the same to someone. I now how much I want for the car. Someone can turn up with 4.5k if he wants. It's him that's wasting the petrol! ;)

Seriously The price is the price. There is no ONO. Honestly.

Trader Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I want 5250 not 5k. ;)

I'd read £5250 as £5k.

Price it at £5500 if you want £5250.

Mind you the sort of nerds that will buy it will probably be too s**t scared and timid to ask try knock you down.

When are all the geeky Ford shows? I mean, if i fancied a Puma (which i f**king don't) i really couldn't be arsed to go to Scotland for it.

Oh yeah and starting a thread to talk about your advert?! Who do you think you are you c**t!!!!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wrote a f**king long post here. I ended up binning it. Take 2.

The gist of it was that people are going to do their homework on FRPs before buying one, so I'm sure they'll learn about the design of the gearbox, and what so and so from such and such a magazine thinks of it. Keep it about your car. What makes me want to buy this FRP instead of the other one that's for sale? I know that you went into plenty of detail about what you've done to it, and this should stay (and be expanded if possible!). Just please, please, please, not an expanded history of the FRP. Do it brief, say it's a fantastic car with lots of praise, and that it's one of the best FWDs around, and they are brilliantly designed, but then move onto your car.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I wrote a f**king long post here. I ended up binning it. Take 2.

The gist of it was that people are going to do their homework on FRPs before buying one, so I'm sure they'll learn about the design of the gearbox, and what so and so from such and such a magazine thinks of it. Keep it about your car. What makes me want to buy this FRP instead of the other one that's for sale? I know that you went into plenty of detail about what you've done to it, and this should stay (and be expanded if possible!). Just please, please, please, not an expanded history of the FRP. Do it brief, say it's a fantastic car with lots of praise, and that it's one of the best FWDs around, and they are brilliantly designed, but then move onto your car.

Are you sure you read the right advert?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you sure you read the right advert?

These are the bits I was referring to:
The Frp is believed to be Tickford's last ever conversion project and the story of the car is simply brilliant, It adds to the depth of character the car has and how special it feels to drive. From expensive release price and poor opening sales to post release quotes like these from the Evo's Richard Meaden...

"I can't think of another car that delivers such a feeling of oneness, feels so utterly planted or allows you to attack with such ferocity and unflinching confidence. It's a pint-sized Porsche GT3, a bonsai RB5."

"If it had come from hot-hatch stock it would be hailed as the greatest GTi ever created. It is, quite simply, the best driver's car ever to wear the Blue Oval and one of the most exciting road cars I've ever driven."

The Ib5 gearbox that Ford fitted to quite a few cars around that era is quite simply a work of art. In comparison to gearboxes released around the same time and even today to some extent it is leagues ahead.... (cut out the Always feels taut bit - this is specific and therefore OK.) ... the tight gears, short shift and a fantastically weighted clutch all add to the overall driving experience.

The Janspeed sourced OE system is simply fantastic. unobtrusive whilst driving at town speed, a total animal above roughly 3.5k and gets better the further you get up the rev range. With it's character defining pops and crackles on the over-run it really does brings out the inner child on every journey.

I just feel that you could say that in any advert for a FRP, regardless of its actual condition.

This is only really nitpicking, as like I've said it's an enthusiast's advert.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These are the bits I was referring to:

I just feel that you could say that in any advert for a FRP, regardless of its actual condition.

This is only really nitpicking, as like I've said it's an enthusiast's advert.

I do see your point mate. Thanks for the outsider advice. :)

Wow that's less then I thought you wanted for it!!

Wondering where you had been! :eek:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  E55 AMG
I do f**king love it (dashboard aside). I know I'd buy it, get it home then have to go buy another car as that id ruin within the year. I can't wait until I don't have to use my car for work.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Right, I've read the thing. Bloody good advert, a few bits I'd change myself but that's just personal preference.

I've just looked across pistonheads etc, why have you got it up so cheap??

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Right, I've read the thing. Bloody good advert, a few bits I'd change myself but that's just personal preference.

I've just looked across pistonheads etc, why have you got it up so cheap??

Miles maybe?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is it going to look really bad if I up it to 5.5k? :eek:

The thing is you guys think it's cheap. Someone in the market for one might think it's expensive for the miles

Status
Not open for further replies.