ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ford Racing Puma #160/500 (Déjà vu)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Déjà vu innit?

Anyway last year I decided in my wisdom to sell the best car I have owned... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?642965-Ford-Racing-Puma-467-%A35500

K1.jpg

In hindsight it was still the right decision as they were at their height price wise before slumping a tad recently for rather high mileage examples so although I wish I still had it... it was the perfect time to sell if that makes sense.

So here we are today, an Audi TT V6 and a 182 Trophy later back where I was a year ago back in a Racing Puma archgap wagon!

And so the project begins, #160/500... Palenty of parts ordered already will give an update soon!!

8879109236_24d020f7f5_z.jpg

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Re: FRP #160/500

There's something wrong with you and I think you should get professional help.

Glad you're happy though mate.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

LOL.

Atleast everytime you compare it to something you'll be able to back it up by actually having one you f**k!

Good buy mate, hopefull see it/you over the summer months!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean

Plate makes it.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

There's something wrong with you and I think you should get professional help.

Glad you're happy though mate.

Haha! You have a Cortina fetish how the hell do you not understand my madness!

LOL.

Atleast everytime you compare it to something you'll be able to back it up by actually having one you f**k!

Good buy mate, hopefully see it/you over the summer months!

Indeed mate. Paintwork needs a lot of work (from my standards) but it was the whole point of buying one cheap that had had proper mechanical work done. For eg 2x front calipers at £600 fitted less than a year ago, 2 new brake discs less than a year old at £400. So it's a good buy, so far...

Plate makes it.

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Very happy with the plate, it's been fitted since it left the factory. Again the mountain of history this one came with is mind boggling.

It's a project as I said so looking forward to seeing how it come together myself. About £100 worth of bits being fitted tomorrow night just for starters! :eek:

Saw a thread lower down entitled "Trophy replacement". Presumed it was yours! Thread title disappoints. Last time you didn't post pictures until it was at least clean!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member

Haha! You have a Cortina fetish how the hell do you not understand my madness!

This is true. lol
I've also recently developed an attraction to Mk1 Granadas. :eek:

Liking certain cars is like finding a bird attractive that none of your mates do,
you don't care, you just want to get inside them.

You going to be lowering at all? seems like a bit of an arch gap lol
Glad you're happy though, Only reason I'm not a fan is the one in work with me (not FRP just puma) it's completely put me off them. Ill try and sneak a pic later lol

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

You going to be lowering at all? seems like a bit of an arch gap lol
Glad you're happy though, Only reason I'm not a fan is the one in work with me (not FRP just puma) it's completely put me off them. Ill try and sneak a pic later lol

If you ever get chance to drive an FRP do it... You will not be dissapointed, it will soon change your mind

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

What was wrong with the trophy??

Erm it isn't rusty, it's not built by drunk men at Ford and it had no archgap. :(

Great cars, infact brilliant cars, but like I said in the other thread, the 2 of them were sat side by side when I bought the Frp, the Trophy was immaculate and I never even gave it a second glance.

Saw a thread lower down entitled "Trophy replacement". Presumed it was yours! Thread title disappoints. Last time you didn't post pictures until it was at least clean!

No it wasn't! I posted pics that I took at the services. The Trophy was waiting until it was clean, more because it was Pink!

Can't say I'm surprised, the TT was the polar opposite, the Trophy wasn't far off being a similar thing but not to the man who pisses Blue!

I've no dount you'll have it tidy as hell.

love these cars, they handle sooo sweeet

funnily enough, without a doubt the loudest (presumably) road legal car I've heard was one of these in Manchester - not sure wtf he'd done do it

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

funnily enough, without a doubt the loudest (presumably) road legal car I've heard was one of these in Manchester - not sure wtf he'd done do it

Morphed it into an Impreza?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

That sounds like the car I now own! ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Oh and now to my standards... Although the exhaust is like new!

jububy3e.jpg

uqy2ybyg.jpg

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

I actually seen one yesterday and in standard form i forgot how raspy the exhaust is in standard form, even put my window down to listen to it :eek:

Edit: have you taken the exhaust off to polish it or is that a new one?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

He was provided with the original one from the seller ;)

Glad to see you back where you belong in a blue oval. Quite looking forward to this one as last time round I didn't really catch the thread till the end of it's time with you.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Ferploffle [geddit :eek:]

Anuvva wun.

Details ? Miles / spec etc ?

Details. Erm i'm the 4th owner although the last guy didn't have it long. He bought it to use as a Toy but never got the chance really.

90k miles. 20,000 less than the one I sold and half the price. Masses of history with it and some parts that came with the car that would probably cost the same as the budget of a small third world country.

It's just lacking finesse at the moment. Plenty of time though. Took me 2 years to get #467 up to scratch!

Just for you Kev :eek:

Lols! God I love reading that review/road test.

​Bullshit.

Believe it. It happened.

LOL!

Nice move Gally. Can't say it's a forward step but it's not a backwards one either as if a car makes you happy it's done it's job.

Looks sweet.

Thanks Neil. Hope you're well mate. Not in the head obviously just health wise... ken?