ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Full 2x2 Twill Carbon Fibre Clio 182 Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
i love the interior!!! looks flippin mental mate!, parts of the engine bay id change.. but all in all its looks very nice, look forward to seeing it at pod on sunday! :)

182Cup, MinesGTR R35

My work is spot on. That guy was told the wing mirrors would destort from the very word go before he even wanted them covering he knew that there would be distortions in the weave due to the protruding centre of the base plate... They are one off Taylor made parts no refunds...

And now your just being vindictive...

Last edited:
  LY 172
i cant see any problems tbh, im after the plastic for the boot. not a complicated shape, i just dont have the time to do it myself as we only use fibre glass in work.

182 with cup packs
Mines in Japan are building it as we speek, Will take dalivery in 1-2 months...

Lovely cars for the money think there a bargain actually one where I stay it's the older model/cheaper but wow.
How long do they take from order to at your front door?
It's my dream car if I ever get one that's another story.

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
You're

Come on, I thought you knew everything

Congrats you spotted a typo, and where did I say that..?

9. Bullying of any kind is forbidden. If it is perceived as bullying by the person its being aimed at then it is bullying, whether or not its obvious. Breaking this rule will result in a major infraction (2 points).

You pointing out I can't spell, another moderator who doesn't now the forum rules.

Last edited:
90s were you been living... White alloy wheels are old old old school... I should no I make carbon fibre parts for superbikes, DB9's, Mazarati GT cars etc and do cad work for parts for them... Nothing 90s about it...

LMFAO mine are white because that's the colour they made reinforced motorsport wheels in for the Clio Cup Racers'

What I was referring too was the fact that carbon fibre was invented as a light weight replacement for parts in motorsport - as you know because you make them apparently. But you've covered the entire of your car in carbon fibre and leather actually adding weight to it

Unless I'm wrong and you've actually made moulds for all those parts and then reproduced them in pure carbon fibre - but I'm guessing its 2x2 twill layed over the top of the original plastic bits.

I've never been a fan of carbon fibre because "it looks cool" - it has never looked good it looks chavvy. People like BMW use it for the roof of the CSL because it helps keep weight lower in the car - not because it "looks cool" - Just my opinion :)

You would get arse if someone said it's gash when blatantly it's not, and there a moderator theres no need to be like that, just proves its only jealousy and they would be even more Jealous over my white Mines GTR R35 Import that's on order, some people on here need to grow up and stop acting like there at school and treat people with some respect. Gees they never heard the saying Manners make a man...

Ironic that you mention "school" and the wrong use of "there/they're/their" in the same sentence.

Cool off - people are voicing their opinions on a public forum.

Silent_Scone

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 5 RS
It's not like people are actually disliking the car anyway. I think it looks really smart outside. Carbon looks good in moderation or where you actually save weight. In fact the funny thing is the amount of time and effort you've spent molding those cards, you could of probably of molded an actual pair of doors lol.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I will second many comments in here and it is my opinion. The work looks spot on and I appreciate the time and effort that you've put in making the parts yourself rather than buying them.

I do however think that the amount of Carbon Fibre is a bit OTT, as said before if weight saving then you can never have too much but as it's purely for cosmetic purposes I think you can.

Fair play for making it your own though.

220 Trophy
Too many posts are ending up like this, regardless of rules the moderators should intervene more. I think if someone asks for constructive comments then so be it, but unnecessary comments are just that. If someone doesn’t like what they see and unless constructive then why bother commenting?!

172/A4 Tdi
That looks amazing. I would have to agree with the 'a bit OTT' comments that are appearing but there is no need to go overboard guys, it's still fricken cool.. I still think the car looks awesome.

Shame to resort to the ''You're just jealous'' approach to defend your work though. Don't stoop to that level, you don't need to with the talent you clearly have. Ignore the negative crap.

Ten points dude.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
We don't make a 'Mines R35' unless you mean you have purchased a new MY12 and a load of 'Mines bolt on's' which are being fitted by another company.

The Mines exhaust as about £3500 plus the 10% import tax as well! I really need to get into CAD and carbon fibre work.

Titanium 182
I appreciate the effort that's gone in to this, and the finish looks spot on from what I can see. Not what I'd have in my own car, but then, it isn't my car! Good work :)

Lol, ok? They should be ore ore than 20 degrees, crossed over. If they can only be mounted to rear mounts, then they should be supported with a harness bar.

That's not the main problem, though - I'd say more serious than that is having harnesses on Trendline's because they're reclining seats!

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
We don't make a 'Mines R35' unless you mean you have purchased a new MY12 and a load of 'Mines bolt on's' which are being fitted by another company.

The Mines exhaust as about £3500 plus the 10% import tax as well! I really need to get into CAD and carbon fibre work.

Mines is a tuning company in Japan and yes they are putting extras on as well as all the Mines stickers just like there White Mines GTR R35. Google it. Only ordered it just recently. No doubt it will arrive late.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Mines is a tuning company in Japan and yes they are putting extras on as well as all the Mines stickers just like there White Mines GTR R35. Google it. Only ordered it just recently. No doubt it will arrive late.

Can't see why it would be late unless mines hold it up, R35's are coming through on time.

Status
Not open for further replies.