ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Girlfriends CAR BMW MINI

quoted from the mini forum

Guess what happened to me today.....

i am a teacher at a primary school and we are currently having building work carried out at our school. my mini one which is only about 1 month and half old is the best car in the car park all shiny and new!!
biggrin.gif

A builder walks towards the car park with a trolly turns to talk to his mate and lets the trolly go!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

guess where the trolly lands????????

yes straight into my baby
eek.gif

it has scratched the passenger side from the panel under the indicator to the end of my passenger door
eek.gif
not just a light scratch it has taken the paint off to the primer!! i can see metal!

he then had the cheek to walk off and pretend nothing had happened, until i got the site manager and he admitted to it!
mad.gif
mad.gif

The big boss told me to get a quote from BMW and they will fit the bill, so i did get a quote............................................. ..

£1500.00 worth of damage!!!! can't wait to tell the idiot tomorrow.

so my_mini_and_i are sad but she'll be fixed soon hopefully so long as they pay out!!

they want to sort it privately, should i ring and log it with my insurance?????
United%20Kingdom.gif
Female.gif
Hardtop.gif

i looks really bad wont even beable to tart it up a little with scratch x or any other product.... needs a respray.. least i ant fitting this bill

im just really lucky they admitted to this accident

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
What a numpty of a builder...hope its all sorted out soon buddy!

Your lady must have spitting flames....god knows i would have been if that was the Cup it had happened to.

Clio 197
Log it with her insurance for the following reasons:

1) The site manager will NOT want to make an insurance claim, trust me. That'll teach them for running off.

2) If the repairs are not satisfactory, she will have to deal with the garage herself.

3) If the repairs are more expensive than quoted, she may not get the rest of the money.

4) She may not get the money anyway... who says they will honour it (ie will they pay her before hand, or afterwards?).