ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My iceberg 172

Audi A3
:cool:

Bought my 172 a few weeks back and only really had a chance to clean it over the last couple of days. Not really a project, although I bought it with cup wheels and suspension (apparently), but wanted to share with you all!

Yesterday was spent under the bonnet tidying up and wiping down, then onto the interior hoovering, wiping, air fresheners, such a better place to be!

This evening was spent with half a dozen auto glym products, cloth after cloth, jetwash the list goes on.

Finally finished and it's gleaming inside and out. Took some photos but my laptops broke so can't upload!

Audi A3
thought this thread was pointless without pictures, so here you go,

photo-4.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

photo-1.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Looks nice.

Seems to be a 172 with 182 cup alloy wheels and the splitter looks like a cup splitter as well (or a similar style anyway)

Audi A3
Previous owner told me it had 182 cup wheels (which is pretty obvious) and suspension too, unsure on the splitter, thinking of taking it off.

BlackGold 182
agreed mate!

so far the cars been to birchdown for a cambelt, aux belt, dephaser pulley and service.
into renault for a new bonnet catch
today its new front spring and balljoints
lol sounds like a renault to me!

any plans as for mods?

Audi A3
nope, to be honest im debating wether or not to put the original wheels back on it. got pe2 tyres on these cup wheels so once these run down i might swap them over.

touch would ive got nothing else to go wrong for a while now anyway.
might just sell it in the new year

Mazda Mx5 + Clio 172
Don't take the splitter off bud, they look deceptively higher without my Monaco and my new iceberg (identical setups) and the Monaco had a splitter and the iceberg doesn't and you will be amazed visually how big the gap between the bumper and the floor is without one! I am getting a skoda one for my iceberg ASAP!

Audi A3
Just bought myself a skoda splitter as the one on the car is wrecked. Also replaced the boy racer richbrook tax disc holder and bought some new fresh legal licence plates! Also got a connections2 iPod connector off eBay. Little bits to freshen it up. Next are some renaultsport mats.

Audi A3
thought id add a few pictures of what I have done recently, excuse the car being dirty!

here was my old splitter/plate
photo-5.jpg

and then my new skoda splitter and number plate

photo-12.jpg

photo-13.jpg

and where my ipod connector is hidden :)

photo-14.jpg

comments welcome

Audi A3
so i ordered a new air filter and pollen filter this week from fish brothers (i think)
heres a couple of pics

photo-15.jpg

photo-16.jpg

just some things really to keep it ticking over.

anyone think i should get some original wheels or stick with the 182 ones?

Audi A3
car is in for its MOT today :S should be alright in all honesty!

getting a brand new UCH from renault as well which isnt a cheap fix by any stretch!

some photos are on their way too . . . . .

BBS and Lowws...
Where does the cable go from? I am guessing the radio, but how did you manage to wire it from the FRONT of the radio without it looking quite weird? Got any pics?

photo-14.jpg

Audi A3
It goes into the back of the original headunit mate (where the cd changer goes in), then I've just ran it behind the controls and out the grommet hole in that compartment

Audi A3
Shes been in at renault for a couple of days this week. brand new UCH all fitted and running just as it should at great cost though £465.

Had my MOT done there too as it was there anyway. no advisories, at all, not one ! :cool: WIN!

SNV81153.jpg

Audi A3
Recently my headlight had gone and couldnt work out what was wrong with it, and my washers weren't working properly.

Renault wanted £192 just to find the issue, sod that.

Trip to birchdown and after £105, country lane driving with no lights, and a day in their van. Both were fixed! :clown:

Audi A3
washers i think was just loose hoses.
and my headlight being out was just a wire that had corroded, birchdown just soldered a new one in for me.

everything else electrical was down to the uch mate, had it replaced under an aa parts and garage warranty for a fraction of the price ;)

Audi A3
my dash lights had been re-setting each and every time id park up for a couple of hours. then today the car wouldnt start.

phone call to the AA, £35 for a new battery and wollah! dash figures now stay on all the time :race:

another little fix

Audi A3
recently got some top mount washers and you can see the difference. but the squeal and grinding noise has completely gone now, brilliant!

photo-18.jpg

to this

photo-19.jpg

Audi A3
finally got round to ordering some renaultsport mats which cleans the inside up massively!

also got some standard wheels fitted with uniroyal rainsport2s and they look so much better imo! tyres are really good so far too, much quieter inside the cabin and grip really well in the wet.

sorted a boot look out too which just needed a gromet sealing up!

pics to follow