ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Iceberg ph1.

Bought this last weekend, my 3rd 172.

IMG-20130323-WA0000_zps3d02c8f6.gif

Paid £850 for it from a chap on Pistonheads.

Needs belts and has a few other issues which I'll be sorting before any major mods happen.

So far Mick has had a look over for it, found a bodged power steering pipe, knackered engine mount and an oil leak.

I've fitted my Alpine HU with ipod connection in the glovebox and removed the awful blue interior parts with those from a non sport.

Last edited:
8604860097_7df6dc8fda_c.jpg

DSCF1125 by daveski12, on Flickr

Just worked out how to post flickr photos so there's a better pic of the car, taken this morning.

I've ordered a few bits for it.
Powerflex Dogbone mount
OMP 300mm steering wheel
New wipers
Silvervisions
Uprated engine mount
Iceberg door handles
Mist washer jets
Centre caps

And its booked in with Mick to have a few things sorted on Friday.

8605963978_131f58c78d_c.jpg

DSCF1126 by daveski12, on Flickr

8604859347_69dbe26d07_c.jpg

DSCF1127 by daveski12, on Flickr

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Got an address for the guy on piston heads so I can go punch him in the ****? Those PAS lines are a fire bomb waiting to happen using non-reinforced general rubber hose and securing it with cable ties (the really small shitty type) right behind the exhaust manifold.

Honestly though its a diamond in the rough kike Harphams was. Some TLC and hard work will tranform it in to a stunning example.

Might get one of the local Polish mafia round when the engine is out to properly blast the bay for you.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Phase 1's don't have half the electrical problems of the X65's like the Phase 2's. No UCH, No silly TB and pedal setup... just dodgy IACV's and the odd corroded relay that you can actually change.

All good innit fam

Ktec one. JB removed from his car so I've bought it off him for £85. Have a powerflex dogbone coming from Russ16v and I'll probably just use a standard, top gearbox mount.

Fancy polishing my headlights? :p

Inferno 225 cup
Ktec one. JB removed from his car so I've bought it off him for £85. Have a powerflex dogbone coming from Russ16v and I'll probably just use a standard, top gearbox mount.

Fancy polishing my headlights? :p

Think I'm going to give mine a once over either in a min or tomorrow.

Hooray!! I pick up 4 more this evening. ;)

Oh and I don't mind polishing your headlights for the same deal as before. You bring the sand paper and we'll do both of our headlights together ;). Not sure when ill be able to do them though.

Look forwards to a Ph-Win meet soon...

340i

Oh and I don't mind polishing your headlights for the same deal as before. You bring the sand paper and we'll do both of our headlights together ;). Not sure when ill be able to do them though.

I hope you've moisturised your hands.

Git! The ones Kieran has? Hate you!

If I sell you the wheels they won't have any centre caps btw.

I still have the same sandpaper we used last time I think, just name a time and I'll be there.

I hope you've moisturised your hands.
Giggitty.
Git! The ones Kieran has? Hate you!

If I sell you the wheels they won't have any centre caps btw.

I still have the same sandpaper we used last time I think, just name a time and I'll be there.
Maybe. :eek:
Yeah, that's fine. I won't need centre caps anyway ;). I'll have 6 spare anyway lol. Just bare rims I'd be looking at matey.
I'll have to work out when I've got a few hours free one weekend and drop you a text.

Dropped the car off with Mick for belts and a couple of other issues. Engine mounts were supposed to arrive today but haven't.

The dogbone I bought from Russ last week also hasn't arrived so hoping they both turn up tomorrow as Friday is the perfect opportunity to fit them.

Thoughts on this? Need to see it on the car but I don't have it with me...

Fog_zps3f098d5f.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I think they'll look good Dave but that wheel... so much need lol

Yeah that went when the non sport dash top was installed. Hate looking at that blue colour they used for the dash top in phase 1s.

Even if you flocked the dash you'd still have the blue airbag there.