ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My insurance goes up every year!

106 GTi
WTF - It just never makes sense, evey year the renewal comes through more expensive that the last year, despite another years no claims and a year older!

Last Year 26, 8 yrs NCB - £435 f/c
This year 27, 9 yrs NCB - £477 f/c

At least they say they will price match, best quote so far £404

I believe Neil is the contact.

When I started with Greenlight told them all my details, pass plus and then cliosport member. They said pass plus and being a cliosport member is the same discount! We can only knock of one.....?

106 GTi
Worth emailing him direct, asking for him when you call, or pm'ing on here?

Cheers

Rich

106 GTi
Suppose I shouldnt grumble to much!

Just narks you get another year older, another years NCB, but it still goes up!

same here! Just got a quote with tesco, 22, 1xsp30 (10/2002) garaged, 2 year ncb - £1750! :eek:

Skoda Fabia vRS
dont accept the renewal letter mate, chances are if you ring them and ask them about it they will knock it down, thats what always used to happen to me

clio 16v
that still seems a lot for 9 years no claims. Have you tried priveledge? they say on the advrts they guarantee to beat your renewal quote, so quote them a few quid less than you have been quoted.....

106 GTi
The renewal letter says they will price match, just trying to sort the best quotes I can else where to use at the moment. Stuggling to beat the last years rates by much at the moment despite an extra years NCB, which is the bit i dont get.

106 GTi
dannyboy said:
that still seems a lot for 9 years no claims. Have you tried priveledge? they say on the advrts they guarantee to beat your renewal quote, so quote them a few quid less than you have been quoted.....

Cheers - Tried them at lunch over 500 quid.

Golf GTI 1.8T
BRUN said:
dont accept the renewal letter mate, chances are if you ring them and ask them about it they will knock it down, thats what always used to happen to me

this i what I'd do too. ring them and say that your not paying anything more than last years price!

Williams 2
Somebody told me 9 times out of 10 your better off not excepting the renewal price and swapping companies each year to get the best pirce;)

RenaultSport clio 182
The problem the insurance companies have is every year their costs go up i.e their overheads like stupid thingslike electricity, wages, fuel for their motor engineers, as well as claims rising where people pretend to be injured after getting hit up the back at 2 mph.

It is frustrating that your premium goes up when you get older, make no claims etc but in your case it has gone up unusually high. The problem is the time and effort it takes phoning around and all that. I would call your existing company and say you have had a quote elsewhere for £455 (#give them the name of a well known alternative broker like Adrian Flux so it sounds convincing) but you don't want to change company, really lay it on thick) etc etc. Don't forget they earn commission (usually 15 - 20%) so it might mean them losing a tenner by reducing down to £455 but i am sure they'd rather keep a customer than lose one.

Let us know how you get on and good luck

Megane R26
I just got a quote from Bell

I was waiting until September to buy a 182 (when I will have 1 years NCB) but the quote was £1500 for 10 months!

Not bad!

Still too much though :(

172 mk2
jay said:
I believe Neil is the contact.

When I started with Greenlight told them all my details, pass plus and then cliosport member. They said pass plus and being a cliosport member is the same discount! We can only knock of one.....?

cool so £5 for the cliosport discount

or

£200 for the pass plus....

=

same final saving + £195 in your pocket

Inferno 182
guess too late for r-jay but insured mine a few weeks ago with direct line for £364,not bad just under a pound a day but i am aged 33 with about 8years ncb and 3 speeding points

106 GTi
I tried direct line amd they where 500 odd.

Bloke st RSA told me that despite having 9 yrs NCB the main factor that will prevent it being much cheaper year by year at the moment is I am still in the 25-30 age bracket.

106 GTi
One year on bump almost and the renewal actually came in lower for once at £395 vs £401 in the end last year.

All be it it only a few quid it actually went down. After the usual phoning around trying to beat the renewal as ever it was possible to get it down a bit more lots of quotes around the the 370-80 mark, Quick phone call to get it price matched and the grand total of £365 in the end.

Does anyone ever just pay the renewal price without trying to save some cash?

Better than yours. C*nt.
You'll also fine that your maximum discount comes at 5 years IIRC - so it'll only drop because of your age (which will need to hit the 30 bracket, as you were told).

M

mij29

WTF - It just never makes sense, evey year the renewal comes through more expensive that the last year, despite another years no claims and a year older!

Last Year 26, 8 yrs NCB - £435 f/c
This year 27, 9 yrs NCB - £477 f/c

At least they say they will price match, best quote so far £404

Have you tried Privilege? £320 for me this year.
One good thing out of getting older. 31 12years n/c

Last edited by a moderator:

MCG

Vauxhall Astra VXR
you say you got an extra year no claims bonus, but the max is probably 5 years with your insurance company, if you had your way, when you get 20 yrs no claims bonus, you're insurance would be free of charge, and your age will only affect it when you get over 30 yrs old, just shop around, companies always offer cheaper quotes at new business