ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My latest mod...

SG9 Forester STi
Thanks!

I understand that most people are wary of nitrous, everyone thinks of explosions and floor pans falling out ;)

But..as long as you have a proper set up and you don't get silly with upping the jets then it's perfectly safe. I personally wouldn't like to run the kit without a controller as it'd be too much of a strain on the engine but it can easily handle it being introduced slowly.

The ultimate test however will be Santa pod where I'm aiming for 13s :)

My kit cost £755 but I got the biggest bottle and the polished one. Also I added a braided line and a TPS unit so that increased the price a little. The controller is around £280 and the fitting cost £300. Add the cost of the first bottle of NOS and it all came to £1395.

Sounds expensive but it's more than worth it when you put your foot down :cool:

Black Clio GT
looks a nice tidy install...
bottle warmers are worth the money, gives a little more protection for the engine and helps keep a consistant psi in the bottle

done any practicing on starts yet or you only using it in 2nd/3rd??

SG9 Forester STi
:D

Mat, bottle warmer is on the list, especially handy for when it starts to get cold and the psi drops to 600 lol.

I've tried it once from a stop start and it's scary! You can feel it trying to tug the steering wheel from you but it's definitely exciting and I'm looking forward to a few blasts at the pod. Currently got it on 40% power when I first floor it then 100% after 4 seconds :)

Cro

Meg'd r27
Excellent vicky, video should be very cool! Tempted by cheesy comments like 'watch this' and 'hold on' everytime you lift the switch cover and press? :rasp:

SG9 Forester STi
Pmsl so should do that, think I'll save the cheesy switch comments for Robs passenger ride...

Well you see Rob, I live my life a quarter mile at a time *flick* :cool:

It doesn't matter whether you win my an inch or a mile...winning's winning ;)

Love this car :D Proper sleeper

Evo 8 MR
Love your car vicky. Proper her0 status.

Is running this nos kit actually legal? I've heard some types of setups aren't.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
LOL at some of the replies.
I'm amazed you left it all this time to put a thread up Vicky, shame on you! ;)

Fapping awesome! Love the attitude you have as well, rare to find a female who doesn't take a tantrum at the slightest hint of piss taking.

ibiza cupra
very nice, you going to the flames and thunder show/rwyb at santa pod on the 30th/31st? if so ill keep and eye out for you and introduce myself ;)

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I wondered when you were going to mention this! Looked awesome at RWS :)

S23

The Cleee-O
That is awesome! Nitrous in a Clio, :eek:. Fair play to you, love this car. It's been done up to an awesome standard, the very heart of what being a sleeper is and a car that you enjoy. Lots of love for it and the time and money you've put into it Vicky :).

SG9 Forester STi
Lol back from the dead!

I don't think I have any videos of it at the moment. Will try and get one at the next drag day. If not I might be tempted to whack it on the Trax 0-60 strip...we'll see.

Have now used it properly and managed a 14.5 1/4 mile which I'm happy with :).