ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My list of planned mods

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Just been thinking of small subtle mods i want to make to my expression over the next 12months, any more suggestions?

Current Mods –
Clear Side Repeaters
16inch Alloys with low pros
K&N Panel Filter

Future Mods –
Drop 60mm (currently awaiting delivery of springs)
Install Front Fog Lights
Silvervisions All Round
Rainbow Deluxe Comps Up Front
Replace Damaged Front Bump Strip
Dynamique Spoiler
Silver Dash Inserts
Dynamique Interior
Leather Steering Wheel
Colour Code

in no particular order of what i will do when, just as and when i have the cash/parts are available.

russ

Attachments

• Image0000.jpg
    Image0000.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 91
  MKV Golf GTi (240bhp)
Just a thought and dont take it the wrong way, but why dont you save the money and instead of spending it on mods for you 1.2 - try and buy a 172!!!!!!

if insurrance is an issue try tescos - they sorted me outs with 700 full comp - make sure you insure it in your parents name with you as a named driver to cut the costs

Monaro VXR
^ which is actually illegal if your the main driver and insurance companies will check especially with a car like that if you have an accident who the main driver was.

Theres a few on here that have already been stung for the same thing.

182, GTR, C63
I got away with it. Wouldnt ever do it again though too much hassle and lieing. Lesson learnt

Audi TT 3.2 V6
im actually an apprentice electrician at the min, and will be for the next 3 and half years, whilst im not on a bad salery it isnt gonna stretch to running a 172, i see where your comin from. id love a 172/182 but i just dont see it possible. im only 20 as it is, im currently insured with tesco...costin me 1k to insure, with no mods, no bumps, been drivin nearly 2 years. so figured ill make some subtle mods to the car....some eg colour coding i can get away with no tellin the insurance co, also nice havina slightly unique car :)

Chocolate Bar™
03clio172 said:
Just a thought and dont take it the wrong way, but why dont you save the money and instead of spending it on mods for you 1.2 - try and buy a 172!!!!!!

why dont you save your money and buy a ferrari? i hate it when people say that! anyway rant over.

I have a leather steering wheel off my dynamique you can have it if you want it. I gave it a mate but dont think he fitted it. let us know anyway. For your other interior bits try cliospares in wolverhampton :)

I colour coded my car myself, not a hard job really, if not do that i know some good bodyshops so let me know nearer the time if you want their contacts. Where did you end up getting your springs from?

if you want the steering wheel we can arrange a little mini meet in stoke so i can have a good nose around your car ;)

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
replace that K&N Pannel filter with a K-Tec relocated filter if you can afford one, you'll find yourself constantly hammering the nuts off the car to hear it, its nice :D lol

Golf GTI 1.8T
same here russ. I couldnt stretch to afford a 172 either, I'm spending enough keeping my car going as it is.

good list of mods, but just a warning that tesco will sting you for most of them they will want about £150 just for the suspension alone its riduclas!!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
im gonna be a bit of a dick and not declare the suspension till my policy is up for renewal in about 2-3months (springs prob wont be on for a month anyway)

even then out of that list of mods alls i need to declare really are the wheels and springs. no ones gonna know that ive put a dynamique spoiler/interior in.

how much you want for the wheel middo? your more than welcome to have a nose round the car sometime if you want. nothing out of the ordinary though lol small amount of ice in the boot and thats about it.
i bought the springs from R20GRC, not sure whether to buy a haynes manual and try fitting them myself or to take it a garage in the area. cant wait to get the car dropped.

lol martin, id prob best avoid one of them...i love to hammer the nuts of the car as it is. although it would be fun round the council estates at 8 in the mornin when you go to do some work in their houses and no ones up...would be a great alarm clock hehe

Chocolate Bar™
you can have it for nothing if my mate still has it! (pretty certain he has) I've txt him so i'll let you know when he gets back to me

Audi TT 3.2 V6
u sure middo? be great if he has....will make my current mods list look a little bigger lol

m1tch - theyre spax springs, gonna uprate the shocks within the next 12months, shoulda put that in my list last nite but i was half pissed when i did it so im pleased it turned out as well as it did lol

o yeah....im wondering if i should declare the clear side repeaters 2 ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol im only messin i wouldnt dream of declarin the repeaters, id be mad to only a real enthusiast would know that 51 plate expressions come with orange repeaters. same with colour coding that wont be declared....that will have been done to the car when i bought it, should anyone ask :D

Chocolate Bar™
you may as well declare colour coding just to be on the safe side, i've never known an insurance company charge any more for it. As for the wheels, mate hasnt got back to me yet, but yeah you can have it, it was only collecting dust in my garage lol. If you want silver dash inserts, you can spray them yourself (or slip me a tenner and i'll do em for you ;)) really easy i've done loads of sets.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
mine arent smooth at the min though, theyre sorta bumpy so need new ones as far as im aware...will take a pic later to show you what i mean. if u fancy earnin some cash in a few months time u can colour code for me lol if u know how to fit springs as well ill send some cash your way for doin that 2, rather put money in another cs members pockets than a garage

Chocolate Bar™
doesnt matter that they arent smooth, i've done a few sets now like that, just requires a lot of sanding lol! As for springs i wouldnt trust myself tbh ;)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
might have to drop them off with you once ive been paid then. whens the next stoke meet then? :p

Audi TT 3.2 V6
yay springs arrived 2day (thanks r20grc) now just gotta get them fitted, hopefully fred will be able to do them for me next sunday.... :-D im excited now lol

Chocolate Bar™
russ - got my steering wheel off my mate today, so its yours whenever you want it :)

if your going to go to the cat and fiddle mini meet next sunday i could give it you there? otherwise we'll have to meet sometime.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
wow dick they sold quick, would have had them of you but theyve gone before ive even had chance to look at them.

what times the meet next sun middo? think thats the day fred will be fitting my springs so doubt ill be able to make that.

Clio 172 mk2
wozzaa said:
^ which is actually illegal if your the main driver and insurance companies will check especially with a car like that if you have an accident who the main driver was.

Theres a few on here that have already been stung for the same thing.

Too true....insurance companies are cracking down on this and will check up if you have an accident as to who was driving the car most of the time.

Be very careful

Audi TT 3.2 V6
lol ive got no plans for a 172 for at least 3 yrs tbh, anyone know what sorta cancelation fees tesco charge? im thinking about leaving them and going to admiral, got a quote of 1100 from them with me as main driver, mum on as named, Alloys, Suspension, Colourcoding declared.

Clio 172 mk2
Admiral are good...was with them for years before switching to Norwich Union.

Only problem with Admiral is if you get points....the premium really does go up, they wanted around £200 extra when I got an SP30!

Audi TT 3.2 V6
wow, have to hope i dnt get any points then. mum has points on her license, but its still not a bad premium for a 20yr old with no ncd

Chocolate Bar™
russ9898 said:
wow dick they sold quick, would have had them of you but theyve gone before ive even had chance to look at them.

what times the meet next sun middo? think thats the day fred will be fitting my springs so doubt ill be able to make that.

meet next sunday is about 1/2 5 at cat and fiddle let us know anyway :)

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hopefully fred will be finished by then. ill know on wed when i give him a call to confirm hes ok 2 do it. ill have to wash and maybe clay the car on sat then to make it look at pretty as possible ready for sunday hehe

Chocolate Bar™
would be good if you could make it, could travel up/back together. nice to meet another stokie too ;)