ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My long ass day of cleaning.... (alot of pictures)

Arctic 182, GTD
Well basically as today was my first sunday not hanging outta my arse, I thought I'd clean the car. First of all I got my meguiars bag and bucket ready and then started. I gave the clio a wash with meguiars gold class shampoo, then dried it off. I then decided to tackle all the tar and other crap contaminating my paint. So I got my clay bar and quik detailer out and went to work, then after I did my first round and saw my clay bar was black, it was obvious this was gonna take me a while. So then I moved on to Autoglym ITR and went over the whole car with a cotton cloth and took off even more crap! Then I went and bought another clay bar and did round two, this time it came out a slight off white (Happy Days!) sooo I washed it again to get all the residue off, and then used Meguiars ultimate detailer 'good shine'. Then me and my mate tackled the horrible cloudiness on my headlights! We started off with menzerna compound but it didnt cut it, so we whacked out the G3 and that did and finished off with meguiars plastix to give them a polish up. But still wasnt done so I cracked out the poorboys and went over the hole car with black hole, left to haze and then buffed to a 'great shine', and then applied nattys blue paste wax left to dry (finger test) then buff off 'amazing shine'. I still stand that the poorboys combo gives the best finish on metaillic blue paints as I used to use it on my ZS mk5 imp too. And while I was doing all this my mate from TJADetailing gave my ZS mk5 a overhaul, being white its a b***h to keep clean and seeing as its going up for sale I wanted it to look tip top :) anywayyyyyy some pics excuse the iPhone quality......
2f5bf99d.jpg

45d63e7f.jpg

bab78f53.jpg

4d6f56dc.jpg

f8eb1849.jpg

00c1058f.jpg

eb4e8aea.jpg

6e1a8791.jpg

39ed0f4a.jpg

cae7e777.jpg

fe3c641d.jpg

bd494e6d.jpg

87f72d9f.jpg

e34805cd.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats got A&E written all over it!! lol.

Car looks very nice though, apart from tha bad boy tints.

4d6f56dc.jpg

Arctic 182, GTD
I'm not a fan of the tints but they were bought as opitional upgrade from renault :/ and cant get rid unless get new glass :( ceebzz

Arctic 182, GTD
thats my mate tom from TJA, and the fiesta is getting sold but gonna change the wheels to black and lights back to standard first :)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Looks good apart fRom tints, didn't know they where an option from new.

Arctic 182, GTD
Cheers guys! The tints are now gone the longest 3 hours of my life haha and it's lower aswell now :) just waiting to get my hands on some turinis and H&R coilovers :)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Very nice mate, but I'm not a fan of the tints at all. I think they are 10 years past it now. Still, all subjective and glad they've gone. Car is mint.