ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 'Marmite' stickered car.....update

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Errrr, thanks for all the, err, positive responses guys......lol....must admit its what I expected.

I am aware that most people on CS do not like what I have done, it is in fact quite obvious as I'm sure you'll all agree.

Ironically enough I actually get a lot of positive feedback/nods/smiles from member of the public/friends/work collegues etc, much like I did in my Bianca White Peugeot 106 S1 Rallye, with its stickers and all. I will agree the quantity of stickers on my cup is a tad excessive for the average joe......but I find, although a lot of the cars on this forum with their colour coded bullets and diamonds and highly detailed RSs do look good, I find its boring in respect to the repetitiveness of them all. I will agree there is an element of variation and everyone has little bits which make up their own 'look'.

I am no idiot living in some multicoloured dreamworld and I will admit there is part of me which is slightly embarrased with what I have done, but the rest of me likes it so far and it will stay that way till at least the spring (when its warm enough to peel them all off and try something different).

I know I have not permanently ruined my car, and have everything available to return the car to standard should I wish, tucked away in the shed.

Although I have not been able to take the car on a track yet, it is certainly in the pipeline. Unfortunately I spend about 30 weeks of the year overseas with work so arranging tarckdays around trips that generally come at very short notice is a little awkward as you can imagine. A wedding and a new house in the pipeline have put the scuppers on coilovers at the minuite too.....

P.S. Im 26 years old.......and f*cked up my cup I have not. Not properly yet anyway...

;)

Rob
xx

n/a
true say it is your car tbh so wateva you want to do mate thats your choice. i like the thought of not everyones clio looking the same i.e turinis cup spoiler etc (lame)

but like your thread says marmite(do not like) car (like) stickers(do not like)!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I like marmite but not this, looks like your trying to hard TBH. If your going to continue on this path create a design and get a full vinyl wrap.

unique. only stickers though

what you don't want to be doing is cutting 'cooling slats' in your front wings, which i remember seeing someone on here had done to theirs

Range Rover sport
I don't like Marmite and i dont like the ' STICKER MOBILE '

sorry fella not my cuppa at all

e91 330d/type r mini
i best not put a pic of mine up as it has a few more than his, i will definately get ridiculed ;)
having said that i have a slightly different theme and i think i can get away with it
not my cuppa im afraid :(

b/g 182, meg tourer
to be honest i don't think you would have got very many comments if the only people 'allowed' to comment were people that liked the stickers.
i like the car. i dont like the stickers.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I find it ironic that you dont have the 172 Cup stickers on the door pillars.....

You should get another sticker that says "please read the stickers"

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Errrr, thanks for all the, err, positive responses guys......lol....must admit its what I expected.

I am aware that most people on CS do not like what I have done, it is in fact quite obvious as I'm sure you'll all agree.

Ironically enough I actually get a lot of positive feedback/nods/smiles from member of the public/friends/work collegues etc, much like I did in my Bianca White Peugeot 106 S1 Rallye, with its stickers and all. I will agree the quantity of stickers on my cup is a tad excessive for the average joe......but I find, although a lot of the cars on this forum with their colour coded bullets and diamonds and highly detailed RSs do look good, I find its boring in respect to the repetitiveness of them all. I will agree there is an element of variation and everyone has little bits which make up their own 'look'.

I am no idiot living in some multicoloured dreamworld and I will admit there is part of me which is slightly embarrased with what I have done, but the rest of me likes it so far and it will stay that way till at least the spring (when its warm enough to peel them all off and try something different).

I know I have not permanently ruined my car, and have everything available to return the car to standard should I wish, tucked away in the shed.

Although I have not been able to take the car on a track yet, it is certainly in the pipeline. Unfortunately I spend about 30 weeks of the year overseas with work so arranging tarckdays around trips that generally come at very short notice is a little awkward as you can imagine. A wedding and a new house in the pipeline have put the scuppers on coilovers at the minuite too.....

P.S. Im 26 years old.......and f*cked up my cup I have not. Not properly yet anyway...

;)

Rob
xx

LOL. Fair play mate.

:D

172 cup
personally i wouldn't do it to my car, if i did, two thing i would have done differently would be the bonnet/roof strip, it doesn't follow any lines so would have been better to come from the front of the bonnet as two seperate lines instead of having the rounded bit that joins them. secondly i would not have bothered with the window stickers, the vertical cliosport looks odd, but you could get away with leaving the fcs sticker.