ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY Mk1 Clio 0-60 Video

My mark 1 clio 1.2 0-60, just a few performance mods. Before you tell me to get a proper car, i'm 17 working part time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqxlk-zf3-U

An old'ish picture:

nik179501ox7.jpg

Last edited:
They are 195/50/15's as soon as i get paid i'm ordering set of 195/45/15 Proxes T1R's. Just got my Camber adjustment bolts through the post so i am going to try running 1 degree of camber with it slighting towing outwards. I'm trying to keep the car as subtle as possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
  1.8 8v RSi
strip it and shave about another half a second....then it will be running like my old 1.4
just a lil teasr for you though...
shift changes in a 1.4 rt
30mph change to 2nd
50mph change to 3rd
75mph change to 4th
90mph change to 5th
gets better in a 1.8 rsi:)

RenaultSport 172.
no, i mean in 3rd and the rest of them...as it doesnt limiter in 3rd unitl 90 and then blahh....but im thinking of a 4 speed box so i guess the ratios would be diffrent...

1.8 8v RSi
no, i mean in 3rd and the rest of them...as it doesnt limiter in 3rd unitl 90 and then blahh....but im thinking of a 4 speed box so i guess the ratios would be diffrent...
when i first got the car i redlined in every single gear but after experimenting where the best shift points were to get the quickest acceleration i stopped redlining:)

RenaultSport 172.
hahaha...gotta love the sound of the limiter...

what i mean though is,...wouldnt it be better shifting 5mph before the limiter in each gear to get maximum power...?..or did it reach its peak at those speeds?

1.8 8v RSi
hahaha...gotta love the sound of the limiter...

what i mean though is,...wouldnt it be better shifting 5mph before the limiter in each gear to get maximum power...?..or did it reach its peak at those speeds?
thats what im talknig about lol....finding the perfect shift point...when the power output has reach its max then dipped down a bit just before reachin the limiter...in some cases 5mph before the limiter....hence my shift changing points

RenaultSport 172.
thats what im talknig about lol....finding the perfect shift point...when the power output has reach its max then dipped down a bit just before reachin the limiter...in some cases 5mph before the limiter....hence my shift changing points

and those were its perfect shifting points?
ooohhhh :) hairy muff....

1.8 8v RSi
not exactly....just as close as i found lol....need to start reading info on the ecu with a dyno to find perfect shift points i think

Striped track ****
strip it and shave about another half a second....then it will be running like my old 1.4
30mph change to 2nd
55mph change to 3rd
77mph change to 4th
90mph change to 5th

mines a 1.2 8v

stripped out

and mine keeps up with saxo vtrs not saying its quick coz its not but goes well for what it is

30mph change into 2nd
50mph change into 3rd
80mph change into 4th
then i change straght into 5th after coz dont want to kill it

ph quick
30mph change to 2nd
55mph change to 3rd
77mph change to 4th
90mph change to 5th

mines a 1.2 8v

stripped out

and mine keeps up with saxo vtrs not saying its quick coz its not but goes well for what it is

30mph change into 2nd
50mph change into 3rd
80mph change into 4th

dont tell porkys :nono:

De-cat, cold air feed to airbox, hot air from manifold plate disconnected, K&N air box filter, octane boost. I removed the seats before i made the video aswell.

Titanium 182 FF
'hot air from manifold plate disconnected'

What's this? ive currently got a Pipercross IK no feed yet, waiting on a decat too.

clio 172 cup
30mph change to 2nd
55mph change to 3rd
77mph change to 4th
90mph change to 5th

mines a 1.2 8v

stripped out

30mph change into 2nd
50mph change into 3rd
80mph change into 4th
Please!! I had a vtr and was hitting 60 before 3rd! Its easily as light as a clio if not lighter and has a 1.6 engine, any vtrs you were keeping up with weren't worried about keeping up with you.:)

1.2 MK2 PH2
the VTS is a absolute classic imo.... Its not for from a track car as standard.... and any 1.2 that can keep up with it has some kind of rocket propelled grenades attached to it.