ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk1 Project.

RenaultSport 172.
put a ph2 valver front end on it...drop it more all round.....general tidy up and SPOT on

Clio 1.4 Maxim
think im gonna lower the back more eventually, gonna get my seats in, maybe remove trim from the back and clean and polish all the back out, hopefully gettin 16v wings this weekend so that will alow me to lower front more, myt get it handling and sitting right and go down the gtt route lol,

RenaultSport 172.
i wouldnt put a gtt lump in it personally...

either whack a willy engine in, or put a volvo turbo engine in it.

RenaultSport 172.
becuase you'l get more power from these than the GTT lump. remember the GTT lump is designed to pull a small car.....not saying the clio is massive but there is abig comparison between the two....

willy engine standard will beat a gtt lump in a clio....

depends if your going to do it properly....ie some people jsut whack a bleed valve on and wind the boost up......BANG. and some people forge the internals...steel liners etc.

205 Gti
i have a 172 conversion but if i had the choice you have now would be volvo turb just like a kid when you hear that psshhh. (just for the dumpy that will make you smile after a crud day at work:D )
plus volvos dont get humped like gtt lumps

ive heard that the volvo engine is harder and more expencive to get more power out of though, not too sure how true it is though.

the manual choke of the gtt engine put me off tbh, and the fact that theres not many un-ragged ones about.

the other thing bout the phase 3 conversions is the immobliser plays up but ive heard that its easy to get around if ytou know how

really like the car, ive got a silver 1.4 phase 3 on them wheels too lol

i needs some coilovers! do the wheels hit the arches or anything?

Clio 1.4 Maxim

ive heard that the volvo engine is harder and more expencive to get more power out of though, not too sure how true it is though.

the manual choke of the gtt engine put me off tbh, and the fact that theres not many un-ragged ones about.

the other thing bout the phase 3 conversions is the immobliser plays up but ive heard that its easy to get around if ytou know how

really like the car, ive got a silver 1.4 phase 3 on them wheels too lol

i needs some coilovers! do the wheels hit the arches or anything?

only scrub on full lock, and if i go over big bumps in road, speed bumps aint to bad, im lowerin it more soon,so ill le ya know,

and i think im gonna go willy engine with a slight tune

Clio 1.4 Maxim
Re: My Mk1 Project. UPDATE!!

well finally got the seat belts and a tiny bit more out the rear, also spent all day today fitting my new seats, instead of being in bed for work tonyt lol,

anyways heres some pics

SubframeShot.jpg

messing around getting subframes fitted

RearSeats.jpg

FrontPassengerSeat.jpg

FrontDriverSeat.jpg

and finally my seats fitted!!!!

im so happy there finally in, only takin me around 2 and a half years

Mk1 Clio
Pretty tidy mate im not a fan of the phase 3 dnt like the 3rd brake or 1 piece head lights but its looks tidy as mate keep up the good work!

Clio 1.4 Maxim
Gave It A Clean, Took Some Arty Pics(i think)

well gave it a quick clean today, only took about an hour normally spend about 6 lol, so its not perfect but black once again not brown, i used snowfoam on my dads budget pressure washer work's fine for me, i polished using SRP a while back and used chemical guys Wet Look, and giving it a clean today the dirt just fell off, am very impressed anyways heres some pics

SnowFoamFrontWheel.jpg

SnowFoamFront.jpg

SnowFoamSide.jpg

Heres The Outcome,

Clean1.jpg

Bearing in mind it wasnt polished today, quite shiny,

Shiny.jpg

and then i took some arty pics,

Arty4.jpg

Arty5.jpg

quite disappointed this is blury

Arty3.jpg

Arty1.jpg

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
I had a mk1 ph3 in black. Before you do anything I would get some smoked or clear side repeaters. Massive difference

Clio 1.4 Maxim
there for an rsi mate, they fit both just make sure you get correct bolt spacing, 52mm or 54mm lol.

Clio 1.4 Maxim
i see in your name thing on the side, you have a clio gt, got any pics or any info on this conversion am in 2 minds to go either gtt and tune it well, or 16v in my 1.4, or just buy a valver if some one buys mine.

Where'd you get the coilovers for this car mate? I can't seem to find any.

Clio 1.4 Maxim
Spoiler has been on the car since i got it mate, looks like its 2 rivets mounting it to the boot lid, i think