ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk2 clio 1.6

clio mk2 1.6 16v
when they arrived :)
104_0188.jpg

before:
104_0189.jpg

104_0190.jpg

during the changeover:
104_0192.jpg

104_0193.jpg

104_0194.jpg

after:
104_0195.jpg

104_0196.jpg

104_0197.jpg

104_0198.jpg

bit loow lol
104_0199.jpg

and how they are now sorry for the really bad pics lol get some more up when she clean:)
104_0332.jpg

clio mk2 1.6 16v
ahh scraped my front splitter today on the curb iit looks bad :( on the positive my new ktr exhaust should be here in about half an hour :)

clio mk2 1.6 16v
fitted ktr exhaust isnt right :( banging on exhaust mount lol have to think of something to fix it lol

clio mk2 1.6 16v
as for the problems i have with the exhaust and got to sort out front end. going to paint calipers yellow tommorrow and find some black high temp paint for drums and spacers. also got to get some spacers for rear wheels.

clio mk2 1.6 16v
cheers just in need for some longer wheel nuts painted my front calipers today and cant get wheel nuts back on because i got spacers lol so im off the road until i get these.. anyone know where to get some from?

clio mk2 1.6 16v
yeah got them today tried fitting them and realised my hubs were cross threaded so had to re thread them and just ordered some longer locking wheel nuts so hopefully be back on road tommorrow and maybe this weekend go to renault and order the rs grille :) happy days

306 GTI-6
I think up until the 04 plate, the 1.6s only had drum brakes, then disks after that. Possibly some late registered 53 plates may have had disk rears

Did you happen to be around Aylesbury on sunday? I'm sure I have seen you around!

Had a young lad following me into Waddesdon so thought I'd ask :)

Your best bet for a RS Grille will be Renault. They are £50 or so and sell for that price second hand too. I've bought two from Renault Kidlington in the past. On another note, I have a set of colour-coded side strips if your interested :)

Also, I'm sure your color is Gris Boreal, I think the code is NV646 off the top of my head but I'll have to check that.

See you around maybe!!

Last edited:
Just to add, £475 seems fairly expensive just for the black trim. In the past I've had the whole car colorcoded (including a new front bumper) for £300 and two bumpers for £225. That was from Top Gun in Kidlington which have a very good quality of work and are never cheap.

clio mk2 1.6 16v
Did you happen to be around Aylesbury on sunday? I'm sure I have seen you around!

Had a young lad following me into Waddesdon so thought I'd ask :)

Your best bet for a RS Grille will be Renault. They are £50 or so and sell for that price second hand too. I've bought two from Renault Kidlington in the past. On another note, I have a set of colour-coded side strips if your interested :)

Also, I'm sure your color is Gris Boreal, I think the code is NV646 off the top of my head but I'll have to check that.

See you around maybe!!

yeah i think i was actually lol
yeah how much you want for them mate?

clio mk2 1.6 16v
Just to add, £475 seems fairly expensive just for the black trim. In the past I've had the whole car colorcoded (including a new front bumper) for £300 and two bumpers for £225. That was from Top Gun in Kidlington which have a very good quality of work and are never cheap.

oh i will have to give them a try! i got quoted from grooms and hornsby down cowley and steve on cowley road aswell lol both about 400+ vat

Try Frankies Paintshop (near buckingham). Myself and a few friends have got stuff painted from them with no problems. Really friendly lads.

Haha, I thought It was your car. Thought it was a 1.2 for some reason!

clio mk2 1.6 16v
oh cool cheers and lol yeah i need it colour coded will look much better then oh yeah are you side strips smoothed? thanks

clio mk2 1.6 16v
going to clean car if it dont rain now lol and what do people think about the lambo yellow aero wipers? i want some aero wipers but cant decide on the black ones or yellow lol suggestions please

roberto.

ClioSport Club Member
  S4 Avant
geordieracer, cheers on that one mate, i knew there was some reason regarding the rear discs and pre/post 04 plates.

Car looks good anyway mate, hows the exhaust?

clio mk2 1.6 16v
fixed a solid rubber mount in my rear exhaust mount and sits much better now also went to renault and ordered my rs grille will be here thursday!! :D

clio mk2 1.6 16v
just recieved my aero wipers will fit them in min!! will take some pictures next week, mum got the camera on holiday :mad: lol

clio mk2 1.6 16v
got my colour coded side strips on now, thanks to girder on here to selling them to me! and got stickers on back window!! will get pics up by next week when i have a camera lol

clio mk2 1.6 16v
thanks mate! and yeah will get some pics up this weekend hopefully once given it a clean!! if weather stays nice that is :mad: lol

clio mk2 1.6 16v
still have no pics, really annoyed with the weather atm lol car really needs a clean and want to give the car something for xmas, was thinking new interior as the passenger seat is stained and im going off the green seats!! will update very soon!! (thinking of something to do, to make it different from the rest)