ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 1.6 Clio picked up today

Ph2 1.6 16v
Hi all...

I picked her up today and it was a great way to work off a hangover. Took a while to get used to the slight movement you get from the gearstick compared with other cars. At first I thought something was wrong but I had a look on here and it seems its normal :dapprove:.

Well its a great step up from a 1.3 Ka :cool: and im loving it at the moment. There may be an issue to sort out with the idle just over start as it idles very low before you start to drive.

38,000 miles
2003 Clio 1.6 16v Privilege

Now time to get membership on here hope to see people around some time.

img4831b.jpg

Ph2 1.6 16v
Looks sweet mate.

Don't panic, all renaults idle low. Mines around 700rpm, lol

Thats nice to know :)

I think it goes really well.. it's a perfect step up for me as far as cars go. The 110bhp that the engine makes it alot of fun.

But I haven't really driven anything similar so couldn't compare with the likes of a Fiesta ZS for example but I reckon the Clio would shift better

Never above 25mpg
Best colour! Nice that, very tidy!!

Gearstick is definitely normal! Has been like that in all the Clios Ive had :)

Ph2 1.6 16v
Cheers for the comments everyone..

Just went on a late night drive to chillout. Im looking into getting alloys when I start getting paid on my university placement, most likely coat them anthracite not white.

I am someone who doesnt like doing DIY stuff to my car as I don't have the foggiest. Wouldnt mind getting the bump strips colour coded though, any ideas round essex way?

Cheers

Never above 25mpg
Cheers for the comments everyone..

Just went on a late night drive to chillout. Im looking into getting alloys when I start getting paid on my university placement, most likely coat them anthracite not white.

I am someone who doesnt like doing DIY stuff to my car as I don't have the foggiest. Wouldnt mind getting the bump strips colour coded though, any ideas round essex way?

Cheers

Colour coding is easy! Just takes time and patience! Did it on my old 1.4 and wasn't perfect shine but was definitely much better!!

hpim0192bx7.jpg

Evo 8 MR
Not my cup of tea personally but it looks really tidy and is a great step up from your previous car.

GTD, Lupo
Dont worry about the gearstick thingie. I have a brand new Clio 200 and mine is starting to do it and its only covered 500 miles :D

Paul

1.4 phase 1
nice colour that one, i would colour code it and get some nice alloys.
i was just wondering if there is much difference between a 1.6 and 1.4 clio.