ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New 182 trophy

Megane r26
Well few weeks back decided to sell me old 197 to free up some cash an buy myself another cheaper but still fun car. The main reason is due to me moving out with the missus but I still wanted something nippy an after hours of browsing various classifieds I settled on a ph2 sport as it ticked all the boxes. I had a ph2 172 before my 197 which to be honest I still missed so was looking forward to getting back to my clio roots.

The old 172

169036_502005108862_504538862_6266678_6297540_n.jpg

181761_502006063862_504538862_6266690_1467521_n.jpg

189868_10150133317144659_514144658_6423751_7805764_n.jpg

The old 197

20120715_183633.jpg

20120715_183643.jpg

20120715_183654.jpg

20120715_183704.jpg

(went to a new member on here goes by the name of matt p from west mids)

The plan was to find a 172 preferbly a cup for around 2500-3000 quid so I would have a few grand spare for moving an rainy days. After painfully viewing so called 'immaculate' examples I was regretting even selling me car (main reason for this was I am off to the ring on the 27th of July so needed a motor quick to take).

I then had a sudden brain wave of 'trophy'! So onto the old ebay an piston heads where I found one that sounded like it fitted the bill. It was advertised with full history, had had belts changed an had full mot an was only 50 miles from me. The car was competively priced at 4700 so I thought it was worth a punt.

So off I popped to view the car. Up on arrival it was garaged an clean an turned out to be owned by a renault sport enthuisest. Checked all the history an all seemed good. Dampers had been recently inspected to. So we went for a drive an all checked out good so I hpi checked the veichle an put a deposit down.

Few days later I collected the car, I must say I am dead chuffed with it, its not concours condition but its very cleaned an is a credit to the previous owner who by the sounds will miss it alot.

Anyway heres the trophy as it stands

20120718_201657.jpg

20120718_201706.jpg

20120718_201714.jpg

20120718_201746.jpg

20120718_201830.jpg

20120718_201647.jpg

20120718_201634.jpg

The cars just clocked 75k which tbh is average for its age I'd say an tbh no point me going for a mega low mileage cars as I intend to drive it.

Current spec

Janspeed cat back exhaust system
K'N panel filter
Jamsport matched inlets
Jamsport remap
Ferodo Ds2500 pads

My plans are to have a few bits of paint work touched up to make it mint and have the dampers rebuilt by bg motorsport and just freshen the whole car up and enjoy it.

Cheers for reading folks

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great choice mate! I recognise the plate actually, has it been for sale for a while?

Good job on the milage front too, mine's on 89k now and feels better than ever. How are you finding it compared to the 197?

Very nice trio of cars! like the trophy's number plate "luxury"

That 172 is bloody stunning!! one of the best i have seen!

Megane r26
Great choice mate! I recognise the plate actually, has it been for sale for a while?

Good job on the milage front too, mine's on 89k now and feels better than ever. How are you finding it compared to the 197?

Yeah the chap said he hadn't really had any interest which suprised me as it was clean an well priced tbh. I loved the old 197, the brakes were great once i'd fitted the ds2500 an it was so easy to drive fast with bags of grip but I missed the ph2's 'raw' feeling when delivering the power. I loved it as soon as I collected it an tbh the fuel consumption is awesome an it handles great.

Very nice trio of cars! like the trophy's number plate "luxury"

That 172 is bloody stunning!! one of the best i have seen!

Cheers mate, I've always had french motors (mainly because there fairly cheap an such a hoot to drive). The 172 was such a great car an started the love for these little pocket rockets. I spent a wee fortune on that too. (brought it standard one lady owner at 37k) Yeah me old dear mentioned the plate straight away but I will soon be putting me own private plate on in a few weeks time.

Titanium 182
cheers matey, love your v6. Seen the new pics you put up. Thats next for me haha

Cheers matey, I went for just for the sheer fact that I wanted something a little special an different from the rest an this ticked all the boxes

Wait till you see another one on the road, you turn into a waving nutter hahaha

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You know, that's the first time I've noticed the Trophy spoiler is different to the Cup spoiler.

Not sure how I've missed that.

Nice motor mate. Your old 172 was lovely too.

Audi A5
You know, that's the first time I've noticed the Trophy spoiler is different to the Cup spoiler.

you been around since 04, 15,000 post and you didn't know the trophy's had a different spoiler... now!!! lol

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
nice that, I've never owned a trophy, its like the one that got away :( You can't have really saved much by swapping? I could understand if it was a 2k cup, but a trophy nudging 5 and the 197 being a standard one?

Megane r26
Wait till you see another one on the road, you turn into a waving nutter hahaha

Ha ha the chap I brought it off said exactly the same.

The old 172 was a labour of love an is whats caused me to go back to a ph2 sport, it was such a cracking car an cheap to run for the performance where the 197 was a good car but never gave me that buzz.

Lovely motor this - from Eckington ;)

You guessed it ;)

A good plate on that, might be worth a lot Audi S-line drivers!

Yeah shame I cant sell it haha

nice that, I've never owned a trophy, its like the one that got away :( You can't have really saved much by swapping? I could understand if it was a 2k cup, but a trophy nudging 5 and the 197 being a standard one?

Yeah I haven't saved as much as i'd liked to, put away a grand but i'm happy with this one an tbh i've gelled with it straight away where as i just couldn't get on with the 197 even though in fairness they are a great car

Megane r26
Very nice :) Mileage is meaningless the service book is whats important

Yeah history has always been a biggy for me an this ones backed up with receipts too, I'm a mechanic myself an owned a few clios so I'd like to think I know where I'm looking too haha.

Very nice mate.

Cheers matey, just cleaned it an got to say for a 2005 car the bodyworks in good condition, I love it haha

clio 182 trophy
Glad to here your still loving it mate. nice pic at the ring. wish id have tracked it but i havnt got the bol##cks incase somethin happens. This is what i ended up with anyways after my trophy. 5th renaultsport in a row and loving it. miss the rawness of the trophy still
IMG_1018.jpg
[/IMG]