ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 182

Finally my new 182 has gone into Reg Vardys, Sheffield to be sorted!

Theyve had it 3 days now and they are hopefully sorting out the blackgold paintwork as there are a few blemishes.I took them out for a drive to show them all the faults and they were satisfied I wasnt exaggerating.

Should here something today.

Also am finally a member, hi to all the other members

Cheers

Graham

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

lo mate, and dont expect a call if its like my dealer! Never call me bk or tell me anything.... So good luck

Hi Rob

1.Coolant needle dropping from middle to bottom and idle revs at 2200rpm, very bad smell of fuel when engine warm or cold and very lumpy,doesnt restart until completely cool and when it does large cloug of smoke! Faulty engine temp sensor I think.

2.Passenger wiper arm loose, flew across screen when auto wipers came on whilst moving, hit door chipping and scratching top of door and resting on mirror!

3.Exhaust banging under car loudly when in first at 6000rpm and easing off, also sounded like back firing in box!

4.Front spoiler not fitted straight and all over the place,Reg vardy Sheffield fitted this!

5.5 faults with blackgold paintwork.eg overspray,rougue particles under paint finish, chips and dullness on trims etc!

6.Noisy rear door/parcelshelf rattling constantly!

7.Squealing from gearbox over 95mph, but this does appear to have cleared now!

Car has now done 950 miles approx and we ran it in up to scotland for first 700 miles, no higher than 80mph and no greater than 3000 rpm.The dealers told me we didnt have to do this as its a "vvt" engine and its already run in. Apparently the more you thrash these cars from new, the better! Reg Vardys sales execs words not mine. Hopefully the car is gonna be sorted though, not heard anything yet!

Also waiting for a mudflap refund as we purchased the renult protection pack which includes these but they dont do them for the 182 as the mouldings on the car are too big to fit them to so they arent straight, can anyone else confirm this, has anyone else had as many problems as these with 54 reg?

Obviously Renault dont have a very good QA system!!!

Cheers

Graham.

welcome to the misery of Clio ownership!

nah, its not all bad, the breaking down between fixing intervals is improving ;)

Quote: Originally posted by GTATTY182 on 01 October 2004

4.Front spoiler not fitted straight and all over the place,Reg vardy Sheffield fitted this!

Cheers

Graham.
Can someone post a pic of their front splitter. Mine was fitted after I too delivery as the supplying dealer failed to fit it. There are gaps on mine where its been fitted so just want to see how it compares to others.

Quote: Originally posted by Jason C on 01 October 2004

Cheers

Graham.
Can someone post a pic of their front splitter. Mine was fitted after I too delivery as the supplying dealer failed to fit it. There are gaps on mine where its been fitted so just want to see how it compares to others.

Hi Jason

Sorry I cant send you a picture cos mine is still in Reg Vardys Sheffield having all the work done.They forgot to fit mine ready for picking up on 1st of sept so I had to go back the 11th to have it done and it ws fitted crap!

I f you look at the front of the car from the centre to the left there was a 8mm gap between front trim and splitter all the way across and it looked as if it were hanging off. From the centre to the right it went the other way and it looked terrible.

I think these are like it because they fit the splitter from under the car when its up on the ramps and they cant see properly from below.

Take it back and have it redone like I have!

cheers

Graham.

Ford Fiesta

reg vardy sound like the real muppets!

VVT so you dont have to run it in???? WTF?

you did best running it in, all new engines are best ran in properly ranging from 2cc remote control cars (which DO have to be run in) to boeing 747 engines which again are "run in".

So do it for your clio engine too.

The flaps are not compatible with the 182 as its a different shape to the normal clios, sideskirts etc get in the way, just obtain a refund.

Absolutely, when warm rag it to max for first 20 miles, decelerate in gears. Change oil at 3000.

Thats what I did. My baby flies now, 41 mpg on runs, 6600 miles now in 3 months, optimax only.

Too many scalps to mention, nothing can keep pace

Hi

Just an update. Reg Vardys have still got the car.Got a call wednesday to tell me it was ready, when I questioned why so quick and has the paintwork been sorted? they said they would find out and call me back in 10 minutes.....still waiting,today is Sunday. Got an old mans 1.816v laguna from them at mo

Still, no news is good news

Graham, with your number 3 on your list mine also does this. It is a metalic popping noise which is only apparent when revved from cold i took it to the dealer and showed them its something to do with the cat being cold, my mates also does this.

Rob.

a little off topic i know, sorry. Craigr is right. Gas turbine engines are not run in. They have hardly any moving parts and out of those moving parts none of them need to be aligned by running in the engine. a simple diagnostics test is all they need to check its working.

Ta, Andy

Car has now done 950 miles approx and we ran it in up to scotland for first 700 miles, no higher than 80mph and no greater than 3000 rpm.The dealers told me we didnt have to do this as its a "vvt" engine and its already run in. Apparently the more you thrash these cars from new, the better!
Hum vvt means nothing regards running the engine in its not much more than a gimic in my viw in the 2.0 Clios this VVT.

Best idea is to bed it in hard.

PS jet engines arent run in there tested though as they need to prove the efficiency of the engine as RR etc supply engine with a set sfc if they deviate from what there alowed they have to pay compensation or fix it.

Jet engines are totally different than IC engines wrong fuel for a start.

Quote: Originally posted by rwaterman on 03 October 2004

Graham, with your number 3 on your list mine also does this. It is a metalic popping noise which is only apparent when revved from cold i took it to the dealer and showed them its something to do with the cat being cold, my mates also does this.

Rob.

Thanks rob, mine does it when warm aswell,could be because of the overfuel problem.

Will find out when I get it back, also noticed the tremendous amount of heat from under the car as I climb out of the car! Does anyone else get this when the car is warm?

Update....

Had a call yesterday and all mechanical faults have been rectified and the car is now in a sprayshop somewhere as chips away couldnt sort blemishes on paintwork!

Maybe Ill get the car back for Saturday......

Renault have contacted me and so have the bigwigs at Reg vardy to apologise for all the troubles.

Cup 172

Id have to agree with Paul_P1. With that list of sh*t I would have rejected the car, especially with all those paintwork defects.

[Edited by MIKE-CUP on 06 October 2004 at 10:04am]