ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Bora

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
With the mrs expecting our third baby ive had to go down the family route for the second car.

I was gonna go for a mk4 gt tdi 4 door but always thought that Golfs should be 3 door not 4 door so went for a Bora.

Bora 1.9tdi 150 Sport,150k with FSH - a few marks here and there and a key scratch on one of the doors that needs sorting.

Lowered on Coilies and thats about it really. Drives really nice with plenty of torque and averaged 60mpg on the way back from Stoke on Trent!

Here are some pics;

7029515617_4ace201a85_z.jpg

IMG_4464 by cobzy1, on Flickr

7029513877_06190d1ed9_z.jpg

IMG_4471 by cobzy1, on Flickr

7029512235_3024291c1f_z.jpg

IMG_4468 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6883410908_9ac3845c5c_z.jpg

IMG_4466 by cobzy1, on Flickr

6883409022_6def01bc63_z.jpg

IMG_4467 by cobzy1, on Flickr

MR2 Mk1.5
Looking great, really smart. How much did you pick it up for if you dont mind me asking? I'm in the market for one of these myself very soon, probably the 130 or 115 though.

Ollie

Listerine & Poledo
You should get talking to Scrooge.

He knows how to milk the most out of a VAG midi-barge

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
The 150's are great. They only thing is its not "if" its "when" with the cams.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Well done :)

At 150k that will have had the cams already done. What history has it got with it?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Looking great, really smart. How much did you pick it up for if you dont mind me asking? I'm in the market for one of these myself very soon, probably the 130 or 115 though.

Ollie

On pistonheads there is a 54 plate 150 toledo for 3k with sub 100k. It won't have the chocolate cams in it at that age. No reason not to go for the 150 tbh mate.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3593568.htm

Being the sport they come with lower springs and bilstein suspension. Also the seats are amazing.

Listerine & Poledo
On pistonheads there is a 54 plate 150 toledo for 3k with sub 100k. It won't have the chocolate cams in it at that age. No reason not to go for the 150 tbh mate.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/3593568.htm

Being the sport they come with lower springs and bilstein suspension. Also the seats are amazing.

Ultimately, the Toledo was the cheaper yet superior product.

Needs V5 or Bora Highline (?) interior though, full cloth is pauper

pimp mobile Zafira
Tidy barge. The missus wants me to he something like this. She'll have to put up with the Clio for a bit linger even with our 3rd sprog on the way. Any plans for it?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Tidy barge. The missus wants me to he something like this. She'll have to put up with the Clio for a bit linger even with our 3rd sprog on the way. Any plans for it?

Probably just some new wheels. Don't want to remap as it puts a lot of strain on the clutch.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I got the 130 for insurance and avoidance of the Dairy Milk Cam problem. Lovely motor! 4 Motion front splitter too... I'd like to swap but I'd f**king destroy it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looked at so many shitters before this one. Wannabe trader after wannabe trader! This is by no means perfect but seems honest enough.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
As long as you don't get a Revo remap the clutches still seem to hold well mate. With a remap they're a lot more drivable, the power is very smooth.

Bux

Golf GTD
Looks decent mate :) My brother's trying to sell his Bora at the moment and not having much luck, but it's not as tidy as yours :p

Listerine & Poledo
Those wheels would suit a Toledo better, but maybe a different colour would make them "fit" the Bora nicer.

A chrome-esque finish maybe

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
This things great on juice. I miss the Clio sometimes but I never really used it for what it did best. 375 miles and oonly on half a tank with this one and still quick when on the move.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Wheel buddies! Can't help but think those wheels look best in silver, they looked fantastic on Tom's Bora!