ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car - Clio 172 Cup

Picked this up yesterday and im really impressed with it. Managed to get it for the bargain price of £5500, its on a 52 plate with 26k on the clock. The interior was in a pretty messy state but a few hours this morning sorted that out, otherwise its in very good condition. Drivers seat could do with another shampoo treatment but its a massive improvement. It had been undriven for 3/4 months previously so I am keeping my eye on the brakes especially. The power is pretty immense compared to anything else I have driven on the road, the handling is the best part though! Has 17" speedline 2120 alloys which are an inch bigger than the standard speedline turinis. Got some new Avon ZZ3's yesterday on the front which are quite good as well.

IMG_2277.jpg

IMG_2278.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

RenaultSport 172 cup
Welcome to the world of the 172 cup. Officially the only true cup Ha Ha. Got yourself a bargain mate. Have a look at the exhaust mate, if it's been outside all it's life you'll find it's in a right state

No more clio's for me!
Looks nice mate, great price too. Really like the turinis in 17", although not completely suited to the cup? :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
dare i say it...the 17's look too big.....

Stunin tho and what a purchase for 5.5k beans.

Enjoy mate.

It was last serviced at 15k, so is due a service which has worked out quite nicely. I am booking it in locally for this Monday.

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Get the CUP172 badge for the tailgate.

I paid £12 for my local dealer and it adds a nice touch:cool:

You would'nt want people to think it was a f/f when they pull up behind you:rasp:

Regarding the 17" wheels: When I picked the car up the fronts were like slicks, well beyond legal. I intended to put the originals on first, but it seemed like a waste splashing out on 2x front tyres (got Avon ZZ3's for £56 fitted each) and then selling them again. It would have left me without a car as they would have been dangerous to use. Doesn't look like turinis are particularly common either :(

172 Cup
Bargain price. But you need to be rid of those 17s. I've driven a Cup with 17s and it handled awful (plus looked shite (but they weren't Speedlines)). It'll be much better on the standards. Plus nothing looks better than a brand new set of Turinis :)

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
i like it with the 17s. and im not usually a fan of big alloys... lower it for sure though :)