ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car - Lupo gti content

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Good updates mate! I love these!

Cheers Danny!

I am contemplating buying a set of mint Compomotive TH Mono's in silver..What's people's thoughts? :eek: Or stick with the oe wheels

FF6D8D77-749B-41E5-9E0F-C3C631A8B0DB_zps0xkkzgls.jpg

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Nice little car.

I was just about to say it needs lowering and some decent wheels,
but I see you're sorting both of those, I prefer the Comp's over the oem's.

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
Love these wee cars. I went for a T Sport Yaris instead when I was in the market for something like this because of the stupid premium they held. This still the case?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Might win best non Clio. ;)

Plus at one point I didn't know anyone on here either,
I went to CSS 12 & 13, got pissed, threw up and now I know sh*t loads of people. :D

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Them comps look awesome. Quite a few people had them years ago on the lupos and they always looked epic! Do it!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I ran Comps on my Lupo GTi. 8s all round though, so they came out a bit too much at the front and looked too tucked at the rear. Put a set of spacers on the rear and it looked better, but I had the arches rolled as it was lowered about 110mm.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers guys.

Well it doesn't look promising at the guy is being abit of a douche with regards to replying, and has taken them off of ebay so i can only presume he has sold them.

And i can't buy new as apparently compomotive are in administration...:dapprove:

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Mini Update

So spent this morning putting on my new 'clean' plates. Never was a fan of the drilled holes and holders they were in.

001_zps72cd93c7.jpg

002_zpsa3eb20a1.jpg

003_zps9c3b590a.jpg

Think the back could come down abit, but have only just stuck them on :eek:

Car goes in tomorrow to Rentech portsmouth! :D

cheers stef

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE

So in the week i was browsing ebay, and came across a mk6 golf gti gearknob and gaiter virtually brand new!! for a good price. So snapped it up and awaited for it to be delivered.

It arrived yesterday, so today cracked on with fitting it, had to swap the gaiters over for my lupo one, was abit tricky but got there in the end! :)

I have bought a new gaiter, which will arrive in the week, but for now i am happy with it and i now know i can swap it over quickly enough.

002_zps5de3808f.jpg

Since i cleaned my seats, i stupidly forgot about the steering wheel :eek: So got to work on cleaning that too.

001_zps87793299.jpg

And how it looks now.

003_zpsd8a8de03.jpg

I want to do the handbrake too so on the look out for that next.

cheers guys stef

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
I've got that steering wheel in my golf (with the addition of the steering controls) and it's a really quality feel and the perfect shape/size.

You should do it, it would look great :)

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Just seen this, cheers for the reply's guys! :approve:

I have thought about that steering wheel, but looking at KW coilies first. Trying to recoup some money in the bank too :dapprove:

I have put the new gear gaitor on along with a new chrome light switch from the newer models! All about the small touches!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
UPDATE

Seeing as the sun was out today and the girlfriend went out with her mates shopping i thought what better than to clean the car. It was bad, and like always i forgot to take pictures of it before :eek:

A few afters anyway..

003_zps5f9d93d0.jpg

009_zps10117461.jpg

004_zpsf13d6c40.jpg

002_zps53c343b0.jpg

Took a quick break, as the ice cream van come along, ready to fit the check straps on both doors after.

001_zpsbb437472.jpg

With the ice cream devoured, i set to work on replacing the check straps, pretty straight forward. only took the one picture as i'm sure you get the idea :)

010_zpsc8ba59e3.jpg

And quick picture of the new gear gaiter and chrome light switch

008_zps5bf8efc7.jpg

007_zps2f1b838e.jpg

And my girlfriend bought me a companion for the lupo :eek: (More to do with me liking turbo rather than the car not err having one haha)

005_zpsb881e006.jpg

Payday on monday so going to take a trip to VW and order few interior bits that are worn/aged.

Thats all for now

cheers stef :D

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Awesome mate.

I also spot a mars v6 on the drove, is it yours? You on v6clio.net?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
LUPO HAS NOW SOLD

Got a good price for it, had a great time in my short ownership, will 100% have another at some point.

Seems weird it not being on the drive though..

RB 182 195bhp
Completely different to the lup as to be expected. I miss the character of the lupo and rarity!

But the Beemer is a lovely car to drive and is more grown up and obviously a lot quicker!

Glad your enjoying it! Had a look through your thread and it looks a very clean example.
Must be a huge change in character from the lupo, from the smallest hot hatch about to a mid size sports saloon in one hit.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Glad your enjoying it! Had a look through your thread and it looks a very clean example.
Must be a huge change in character from the lupo, from the smallest hot hatch about to a mid size sports saloon in one hit.

Yeah pretty much LOL!

The beemer to be fair doesn't fell all that big to drive.

I will see how long i keep this one for lol