ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car Nightmare! Help!

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

Please read this long, long sad story and give me some advice:

8 weeks ago i ordered a brand spanking new 172 from renault in Wolverhampton. I waited for 6 weeks and finally the magical day came when my new clio was due to arrive on my doorstep in Leeds. Gavin at wolverhampton renault phoned me at 1pm to tell me that the driver had just set off and would be with me at about 3pm - 3.30pm, dependant on traffic. At 4pm there was still no sign so i rang Gavin to see where the driver was, he said he would phone him and ring me back. He rang me back and told me that the driver had switched his phone off and he couldnt contact him and didnt know where he was with my car. A little bit worrying to say the least! He did eventually turn up at my house at half past eight! 5 hours late! I asked him what took him so long and he came up with some fairytale about a puncture, traffic and getting lost. I was just so happy to see the car that I just wanted rid of him so i could play with my new baby. He drove it off the trailer on to my drive, I signed for the it and away he went.

I decided to go straight to the petrol station to give it a full tank and take it out for a run. When I started it the clock said that there was 12 miles on it. I would have expected maybe 3 or 4 but not 12. Anyway all i was bothered about was filling her up and going for a spin. I got less than a 3rd of a mile from my house (about 500yds) and it ran out of petrol!!!!! I was not very happy to say the least. Anyway to cut a long story short, I got her filled up and took her home. I spoke to the manager of Renault Wolverhampton the next morning who siad they just couldnt believe what had happened. They said they would give me a full tank of petrol as compensation (how generous!)

On the same day i Lifted the bonnet to find that the coolant was leaking and had sprayed all over the brand new engine. I could have cried. That beautiful brand new engine covered in coolant. On the phone to renault again who after some stern words got me to phone the AA to come and get it to take it to Leeds Renault. The AA refused and said it was not their job it was up to Renault. By this point I had just had enough and told Renault to sort it. They did eventually come and pick the car up. They delivered it back saying that they had fixed it and it was just a faulty pipe. When i looked under the bonnet they had apparently put a new pipe on but hadnt cleaned the engine at all, it was still filthy. I drove around for half an hour only to find it was still leaking. I phoned Wolverhampton renault and after a lot of argueing with the managing director he had no option but to take the car away and order me a brand new one to be made which is gonna be another 6 weeks. In the mean time they have given me one of those sh!tty new Meganes to drive.

Getting a new car is supposed to be a fantastic experience, this has been a total nightmare! They are getting me a new car now but only because i demanded it and at first they said they didnt have to because they had three chances to fix my new car! What a load of rubbish!

I feel totally screwed over by renault and think there service has been appalling. Does anybody know what I can do or who i can complain to? I need some advice. Help!!!!!:mad::(

christ hope that doesnt happen to me!!!

Mine gets delivered on thursday, and seeing as its an import Reno probably wont care to much!

Hope you get it sorted.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

You are indeed very unfortunate, but very lucky they agreed to replace it.

There was certainly something underlying to make them agree to replace it without the threaten of legal action, and they do have 3 chances to get it sorted before they are obliged to replace.

Anyway....the new ones now come with cruise control and something else which I cant remember but Jeremy posted the details late last week.

I wish my dealer was so accomodating when I needed a new gearbox after 650miles!!!!

But then the usual Renault build quality.!!!!

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

Work as a civil servant so got it cheaper through that. They only deal with Wolverhampton renault.

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by chris172 on 06 July 2003

You are indeed very unfortunate, but very lucky they agreed to replace it.

There was certainly something underlying to make them agree to replace it without the threaten of legal action, and they do have 3 chances to get it sorted before they are obliged to replace.

Anyway....the new ones now come with cruise control and something else which I cant remember but Jeremy posted the details late last week.

I wish my dealer was so accomodating when I needed a new gearbox after 650miles!!!!

But then the usual Renault build quality.!!!!
Took legal advice from a solicitor at the AA. They said that if the car that is delivered is of an "unsatisfactory quality" then you are within your statuatory rights to send it back and get a new one in its place or your money back. Hence they didnt have a leg to stand on and had to replace it.

Leon Cupra

Wolverhampton Renault are my local dealer and they are a pile of sh!t. My Mk2 172 (which was only 3 months old at the time) needed a new engine, for the whole 5 weeks they had my car they never gave me a courtesy car. They kept feeding my crap like all the Courtesy cars were pre booked and I would have to wait my turn.:mad:

Welcome to the Renault experience! If you feel you would like to be screwed over some more, please do not hesitate to try my local Renault dealership - Reg Vardy, Ecclesall Road, Sheffield. I can guarantee you that youll be dis-satisfied with your time there.

Sounds like you are very lucky to get a new car out of them. I cant beleive we all keep going back to these places. Vardys appear to have put 3 or 4 miles on the clock last Friday while apparently spending an hour repairing a leak that we hadnt asked them to repair.

Rhys

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

I think I have only got the courtesy car because i told them i had taken legal advice which must have sh!t them up.

I can honestly say my dealership, SJ Cook & Sons, Bristol have been really good, on Friday when I took my car to have the sunroof fixed they gave me one of their own cars to drive because they didnt have any courtesy cars! Thats pretty good customer service!