ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car - With Polished Turbines

Few pics of my new car. Mods so far are: Clear side repeaters, polished turbines, decat, valver carpet oil dials, leather steering wheel, gaiter, gearnob and top dash, head unit and speakers, performance airbox element. Most of this was from my old car. Have also added new brake hoses, brembo max discs and pagid fast road pads. Braking is top notch now. Just needs lowering.

What do you think?

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 149
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 107
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
  6/468 17poo
looking good mate, if i was you 60mm is the only way especially on the front, ive been there and done it mate, 35mm looks like a half assed job!!
Do all the dials work with the valver dash?or are they just for show?always wanted to know how to get em working!

For example:this is 35mm front and 50mm back on std shocks:
000_0319.jpg

And 60mm front and 50mm rear on koni shocks...
100_0154.jpg

Ive got the old springs which were on my car for about 3months if your interested (35mm pi ones)!

Ryan

Ryan,

Did you notice much of an improvement using 35mm PI springs and a lowered torsion bar? When i decked my RT 60mm last time it had literally no body roll but on bumps it was ready to take off!

Also, i'm not sure i can go 55/60mm on the front because i am running 195/50/15's which i like alot better than the 45's i had before.

6/468 17poo
35mm still had body roll, now 60mm havent got any body roll at the front but got a bit at the back need to adjust the konis but its too cold to do it at the mo!!
once i make the rear tighter should have no body roll at all, bumps are fine mate the konis handle them like a dream!!!

Ryan

Was this car parked in stafford Uni car park today mate?

Wheels looked awesome if it was? What you planning on doing to it if anything else?

You might have seen the naples valver on ronals last year in the car park??? thats mine.

Shorty_mk1

Thanks for all comments :)

Shorty_mk1 said:
Was this car parked in stafford Uni car park today mate?

Wheels looked awesome if it was? What you planning on doing to it if anything else?

You might have seen the naples valver on ronals last year in the car park??? thats mine.

Shorty_mk1

Yeah it was mate. I don't think i've seen a naples about, have seen a black one though! I'll keep a look out for your car around stafford.

Have got many plans. Firstly, fit 35mm springs and reset torsion bar so the car sits a bit lower but i can still use my 195/50's.
Secondly, gonna service the ignition with magnecore's, bosch super plus plugs and a new dizzy cap and rotor arm.
Third, gonna gather parts for power upgrade amounting to about 30bhp without using cams or a chip. Details of how to do this are on the old forum.

Lots to do :)

fiesta turbo/Golf 1.8t
With a -60mm drop and 195,50', i keep pulling my arch lip out at the front and it rubs on the drivers rear arch if i have someone in the back. Best to go for 185,55's or slightly mod arches if you go low.

A silver Honda
CDMullins said:
Youve obviously got good taste, picking the knoigs, so why stick them dustbin lids on your car!!! wink
I do want new wheels but i can't justify spending anymore on cash my piddly R reg 1.4!

The one's i want actually look exactly like the Konigs.

I think Turbines look ace!

Last edited: