ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine
Not very exciting I'm afraid! Went out looking for something bigger than the clio, less likely to depreciate and more reliable; came back with an Alfa. Well, it's bigger... lol

The pics aren't great, as soon as I parked the car up the sun dissapeared behind a massive cloud. The seats are wicked. Sexy red leather that the women seem to love :) It just looks like a common 156 at the mo, I'm considering putting bigger wheels from a GTA on there but I'm not sure. Clear side repeaters on their way to get rid of the orange beacons on the sides lol.

I'll prob come back to Clio ownership at some point when I can afford a vee ;)

Last edited:
  Clio Dynamique 1.2 16v
I think these cars look quite nice, I personally i prefer the ones with the high spoiler!

But still nice one, the interior looks tidy!

shame its not the 3.2 V6 24v version...lol

Turbos.
Nice car, i think the GTA wheels would smarten it up. If you look up a bloke called Rhoddy Harvey-Bailey he sells a Eibach/Koni kit that really transforms the 156.

An Alfa, bet it's lost about a grand in value since you posted that pic! Lovely car mate, every petrol head should own one once.

172, Tiguan
Alfa make some lovely cars. I looked at a few 156's at auction when I sold the Clio.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
18 inch OZ super T's, Highline rear spoiler and 50mm lowering springs and you have one sorted motor! I love these!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Pacey_uk said:
An Alfa, bet it's lost about a grand in value since you posted that pic! Lovely car mate, every petrol head should own one once.

Someone is a fan of Jeremy clarkson.

Cupra
the alfa v's sound amazing too... but they are a little thirsty. That interior really is pure p**n

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Pacey_uk said:

Indeed a JC fan lol..

The grand in value was probably the cost of refitting the engine after falling on the road:dead:

Clio 172 ph2 + 990SM
Very nice car, considered getting one myself.

Check out http://alfa156.net/ The cadamuro kit looks shithot!

camaduro1.jpg
camaduro2.jpg

Well I've done about 800 miles in the two weeks since I bought the car! It's really comfy, and much quieter than the clio at speed, its easy to find yourself cruising along at 90mph+ without even noticing :eek:. Been averaging around 32mpg and thats mostly motorways so probably for the best that I didn't get a V6 or I'd be bankrupted by now...

It definately needs a bit of colour coding to make it look nicer. I'm really torn on what to do as I think theres a lot of potential there but on the other hand I really can't be arsed to throw money at it.

Valver
can i ask how much she set you back?
im looking for one of these eventually
i heard the air filters on the bottom of the engine so dont drive through big puddles!!!
nice motor

Yeah the airfilter's buried away in a right stupid place, I'll look out for the puddles. This one was £6k from a dealer but its only done 22k miles. TBH I didn't really search around for the right car, I just found it and bought it lol! I could have probably got one cheaper but I'm happy enough with it for now.