ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Car

The growl from the MG V8 version is nice i must say.

Its alot of a car for the moneys if its what your into.

However, yours was free - can't grumble at that :)

from launch the CDT version was 115bhp and I didnt think was a BMW engine but I might be wrong... From 04 onwards (the facelift version) they used the CDTi engine was used and thats 130bhp and is definately a BMW engine.

182FF
Those v8 sound absolutely amazing. Old Boss used to have a MG ZT Estate V8 , could listen to that car warble all day long.

After Rover went tits up had to strip some of the cars that were left on the line. Saw a few of half built V8 body shells, proper looked like they had been cobbled together.

Those v8 sound absolutely amazing. Old Boss used to have a MG ZT Estate V8 , could listen to that car warble all day long.

After Rover went tits up had to strip some of the cars that were left on the line. Saw a few of half built V8 body shells, proper looked like they had been cobbled together.

they were built by bmw and engineered by bmw too iirc so not really cobbled together

182FF
they were built by bmw and engineered by bmw too iirc so not really cobbled together

BMW might have owned the company and helped with the design/development of the 75 but I was talking about the V8 version which was built after BMW got rid.

It was built by Rover at longbridge using a Ford Mustang engine. Not slagging it off, what the engineers at rover did with such limited budget was fantastic. I'm sure a half finished 1*2 would have looked the same.

Wikipedia has quie a good article on the 75

Taken from article

The Rover 75 V8 was created as means of proving MG Rovers engineering expertise and to attract a development partner to the company. The car was extensively re-engineered to accommodate a 4.6 litre V8 unit (obtained from Ford and used in the Mustang), driving the rear wheels to give a car with much higher performance, taking advantage of the stiffening tunnel in the body structure. These cars were built on the standard production line, and then removed to allow the necessary structural modifications to be carried out. The cars were then returned to the trimming lines for completion.

Last edited: