ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Chicken Chaser

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
No not got a build thread or a spread sheet! But i do have a few pics as i went along, its got kepspeed swing arm and forks, kepspeed flat bars and conversion plate, kepspeed exhaust, standard wheels powdercoated black rear and just black rim front. Brand new honda brake shoes with new springs. Mad munk headlight and switch gear, mad munk front brake lever and cable, conti air filter, home made seat, custom fuel tank to relocate the fuel cap to the rear of the seat. Original 1983 leg shields, continental 2.75 whitewalls...

Think thats about it! Il of missed something but its all more or less brand new

Thanks a lot for the info, mines a B reg iirc. I've had most of it apart already so converting it should be alright, and reversible.

The wheels, did you take them apart yourself and just chuck them, spokes and all, into a powder coaters? That's my biggest question!

I have brand new conti go's so just need the wheels done. I'm going for form a list later and see what it's going to cost me. I need a project anyway.

106 rallye
@Rob just chucked the full built wheel in the powdercoaters! But on the front wheel i only got the rim powdercoated as i wanted it silver on the front with black rim but full black on the rear.

Spokes can be bought cheaply if you wanted to respoke, all sorts of colours so the world is your oyster

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice ride out this morning.

IMG_4139.JPG
IMG_4142.JPG
IMG_4141.JPG

It seems they vary, but bare frames on many cubs are like this:
002.jpg

This is a 50, but it was the best I could find:
honda-c50-cub-1988-j-greece-frame-body-c50jn_bigeck4fe1f__2201_caed.gif

So people bob the tails like this:

IMG_4795-X2.jpg

It seems some of them however came with a different frame:
honda-c90-cub-1992-n-england-frame-body_bigecn8pe1f__2600_38d0.gif

Which sounds like what you're describing?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It seems they vary, but bare frames on many cubs are like this:
002.jpg

This is a 50, but it was the best I could find:
honda-c50-cub-1988-j-greece-frame-body-c50jn_bigeck4fe1f__2201_caed.gif

So people bob the tails like this:

IMG_4795-X2.jpg

It seems some of them however came with a different frame:
honda-c90-cub-1992-n-england-frame-body_bigecn8pe1f__2600_38d0.gif

Which sounds like what you're describing?

Yeah I'm pretty certain the bottom one is my frame :)

pimp mobile Zafira
Remember these from being a kid and hammering them through the barff. A lot of fun. Love the styling of them. Looks like you should be riding it in Aidensfield.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Congratulations on the test pass mate.
I passed mine in 2000 and only rode a bike for 10 months after that.

If love another one just for fun one day.