ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Clio 182 Cup

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Im relatively close to you (Bicester).

Ive got a proper 182 (its up for sale tho :()

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Thanks guys! Yeah, I love it to bits! My previous car was a 1.1i saxo so the Clio is very different to me.
Do you ever have LAMs or local get-togethers?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Do indeed.

Im your area rep and cover oxfordshire/north wilts/northants etc

There are quite a few things going on at the moment, french car show at end of may is probably the main one.

Once thats out of the way, Ill look at organising a local meet.

Quality car. I love racing blue with gordini stripes. One thing though. You might want to get the washer blanks (below the headlights) colour-coded like on the 172 cup as the black bits look a bit out of place and are iritating when polishing.

Hope you have fun with it and dont end up in a tree after the slight upgrade from 1.1 saxo to 2.0 clio :p

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

CocoPops - Oh right cool, how do I go about signing up? I want to become a member but apparently they are not taking any registrations at the moment?

andy - Thanks, where can I get the washer blanks from?

no no no. youve already got them. they are unpainted matte black on your car but you can find a colour coding FAQ on the forum thatll tell you how to paint them (if you want them to blend more). i suggest you look for pics of a 172 cup and youll see the difference,

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Oh yeah! Thats looks so much better!

Will have to sort mine out very soon I think.
Thanks 182_blue :)

320d

Lovely car love the colour... enjoy it

Is it just me or are the stripes not supposed to come down to the bottom of the boot line? :confused:

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 22 May 2005
Nice machine, your cup badges look very low though. I fitted mine myself this weekend based on pictures Id seen, and theyre a lot higher than yours. I guess they just get slapped on in any old place at the docks :p

Picture showing my badge position...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pip_taylor/images/ClioSport/5.jpg

And another members car whos name escapes me at the moment...

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pip_taylor/images/ClioSport/img02291ut.jpg

Roy that ones mine
:D

LOL yeah sorry mate how could I forget after your help with the badge scenario :) Lose the ghey window stickers though ;)

Roy i hate you! I was decided on racing blue with stripes and now after seeing your inferno all polished up im now stuck again. ARGH!!

Quote: Originally posted by andy_leitch on 22 May 2005
Roy i hate you! I was decided on racing blue with stripes and now after seeing your inferno all polished up im now stuck again. ARGH!!

LOL its never seen any polish yet. In fact, it was fairly grubby in those pics, and it defo needs some tyre black. She will be getting a waxing sometime during this summer though.

renault clio 182 cup

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 22 May 2005
Cheers mate, all you need to do now is respray yours the proper Cup colour ;)

Now thats fighting talk.;) :D

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 22 May 2005

You didnt pick it up from Jaybee Motors in banbury did you?

No, bought it from Crossroads Renault Kidlington. Its not my nearest Renault dealer, the closest (Abingdon) kept messing me round over getting a test drive.

Thanks for all the kind comments, will be meeting some of you next Tuesday I think as I have been invited to the meet near Maidenhead.