ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Clio's first pics :(

350z, Subaru Legacy
Ok, so I had no end of problems with my last RB 182, and in October I sold it on and in November started looking for another one. This time I wanted nothing but perfection, and after sifting through some ads; I found one with low mileage (23k) and both cup packs in south London.

It was nearly perfect, with barely even a stone chip on the front. So I bought it.

Braided brake lines, Brembo HC front discs, Ferodo pads, Exalto's all round, Eibach sportlines, ITG panel filter.

Now I have been very busy with one thing or another over Xmas etc. and I have been waiting for a nice sunny day to take pictures of the car - ideally along with my mate who has an Arctic Blue 182 FF.

Unfortunately, last Wednesday on the way to work - something bad happened.

Apparently having amazing brakes means f**k all when the stupid woman on the road behind you is driving too close and doesn't notice when there is traffic up ahead :mad: and neither did the woman behind her. Which meant basically that I was shunted hard into the car in front of me. Luckily there were no major injuries.

So, here are the first pictures of my 2nd RB 182 :(

IMAG0074.jpgIMAG0072.jpgIMAG0073.jpgIMAG0075.jpg

To be fair to the Clio it took the hit really well - and looks really good considering the force of the hit. The back is pushed in a fair bit - and you just have to look at the front of the 206 to see what sort of impact it was.

Now I haven't heard yet whether it's a write off or what, I have no idea what sort of structural damage it would have needed to sustain to warrant that.

It was literally mint - so to get it back repaired is going to be gutting as I paid a premium for just how good this clio was.

I've got a 58 plate Golf Gti DSG as a replacement hire car for the moment, it's fast and handles - I could get used to the paddle shifting and lovely seats/driving position... But even in sports mode; it's a bit wafty.

To summarise - Gutted.

Yozza'd RB cup
Thats gutting, If it is written off I hope your insurers will pay what it was worth not what they think any old Clio 182 is worth! :(

(s)Low Dynamique
I would cry if I was you.

Considering you were struck from the back, the rear doesn't look too bad at all. Obviously it would of looked better beforehand though.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Thats gutting, If it is written off I hope your insurers will pay what it was worth not what they think any old Clio 182 is worth! :(

I know, I made a point of saying that I only bought it 3 months ago to the insurance company - I will not be happy with anything much under £6k

350z, Subaru Legacy
i would have been fuming mate! im always looking in my mirrors when approaching stationary traffic dreading the person behind isnt paying attention

The second or so after i stopped i was just staring in the rear view mirror - thinking: "F**k they're NOT stopping" :(

350z, Subaru Legacy
I'm hoping that the low mileage should go some way toward helping me get a decent payout.. Anyone else had their 182s written off?

Milltek'd clio 182
arrgh that looks depressing mate, sorry to hear about the car brother. i would feel really gutted if that was me, so i can see how you feel mate. i have noticed these clios can take an impact pretty well, there was another thread on here about a women who span her clio, an she walked away from it. glad your ok mate.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Hmm, i should have nicked some more parts off it while it was sitting there - damn.

Well i may have an original 182 splitter going spare among other parts lol.

Stripped yozza'd cup
That's horribly unlucky mate. Hope it all works out for you.

On the bright side, at least the case was clear cut, none of this arguing about who's fault it was b****cks.

350z, Subaru Legacy
That's horribly unlucky mate. Hope it all works out for you.

On the bright side, at least the case was clear cut, none of this arguing about who's fault it was b****cks.

Yeah that's one up-side, until my insurers say they won't pay out because I had aftermarket brakes that were too good! :S

Unlucky Alf

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra GTC
both women, typical awaits sexist jokes, lol
c**t punt both of them?
I'd have gone mental! i LOVE the RB clios and i'm gutted about that happening to yours so god knows what i'd be like if it was mine :(
hope you get a decent enough payout by the end of it and find another one (yn)

S4, Tamora, Conti GT
Really do feel sorry for you, must be horrible getting a car exactly how you want it, then some idiot driving to close ruins it for you. Guessing your going to loose your no claims as well as you were shunted in the car in front of you.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Really do feel sorry for you, must be horrible getting a car exactly how you want it, then some idiot driving to close ruins it for you. Guessing your going to loose your no claims as well as you were shunted in the car in front of you.

Nah as I was stationary when it happened, I am completely fault-less. So I think it's a 70-30 split against the two women behind me. :)

fez

Clio 182 cup
that sucks, if you want to get a higher worth for the car from my experience they will make an offer then you can either accept or show cause why its worth more so if you can save its advert and try find some other minters and print them off to show how it will cost x amount to put you in the exact same position you were in before the accident. you might know this but thought it was worth mentioning, sure the others will help as required. best of luck

BMW 118d
unlucky! I was dreading the same thing this morning. car behind me jumped a light on a roundabout then intending on doing the next light but I didn't go through the amber on this one as there was traffic up ahead. They had to slam their brakes on which they weren't prepared to do but should have been!

Clio RS 182
Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Falcon Punch was definately in order there!

I'd imagine it will get written off, my 172 was borderline just from a new wing, paint and some suspension parts. :(

Mind, you do have the option of developping a nasty case of neck pain, then whatever shortfall the insurance brings will be offset by "being in an accident that wasn't your fault".

Of course, we'll all be paying it to you over the course of our driving lives by our inflated premiums.

Gutted for you mate, but as evryone seems to think can imagine that will be a write off. The boot floor looks pretty damaged from the way the exhausts are sitting. If the exhausts took a heavy hit this could also lead to some engine and manifold damage. Hope you get a good payment.

350z, Subaru Legacy
Yeah, heard from the garage today and as predicted it is a write off.

So now I've got all the fun of convincing my insurance company that the car was worth a decent sum.:S

Clio RS 182
Gutted for you, I know how it feels just don't accept there first offer, they originally offered me about £4400 but told them that cam belt and aux belt had only just been changed and if they could find me another at that price with them done for £4400 but they couldn't so ended up with a bit more but I brought mine back as it turned out to be more cosmetic as just needed a new wing, wheels, exhaust and rear bumper.

I hope it goes well with the insurance company though.

Clio MK 4
gutted mate. happened to mine when stationary as well with hand brake and mine got hit from behind which hit the car infront and the car infront. Damage didn't look to bad but got written off. I got 4.3k for a 60k 52 plate 172 through (you guessed it) the woman's insurance so you should get a decent amount for yours.

Yeah don't accept first offer. I first got offered 3.7k and literally only said no i want 4.5k (knowing it was way to much) and on the same phone call he said 4.3 so i took it.

172/v6
You don't want it back regardless (in my opinion) these are superb cars but are also a single-impact device (in my opinion) , ... Renault won't repair it so it's immediately a cat D ... if it is aftermarket repaired to a high standard it will probably be over - engineered with regards to future impacts ! and they NEVER drive quite the same again (in my opinion) ... there's some very nice examples about so treat yourself ...

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
Man that sucks!!! Must admit I'm paranoid whenever I have to stop abruptly in traffic. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Two things I would do...

1, I would accept that its a write off and aim to get back at least what you paid for it (looks pretty damaged to be fair) and..

2, don't sue the woman behind for a load of £££ as every other driver on the road will end up paying for it through increased insurance premiums.

Obviously if you have sustained injury putting you out of work then it may be a different story..

Fell for you bud.

Been in the same situation last summer. The car spent more time getting repaired than I owned it!!!!

:dapprove:

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
Thats gutting! I wouldnt worry too much about the insurance assessor picking up on any modifications, I've had two incidents where someone has hit me and my car was assessed and at the time had TRD suspension, wheels, exhaust & BOV etc etc and the only thing that i was asked was "is the bonnet vent standard?" They didnt bother about/notice the mods!

Hope everything goes your way!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
gutted for you mate i hope the b**ch behind said sorry ;)
i hope it all turns out good for you anyway mate not a pretty sight atall.