ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Fiat Coupe 20vt

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Hey Guys, as Some of you may know, I had a blue fiat coupe 20v turbo, well earlier this week, I picked up another one!

Current Spec,,,

It's a Sprint blue 20VT, it only has 49K genuine miles

A stainless Milltek exhaust, brand new 200 cell sports cat and a H and S downpipe fitted, replacement late specification manifold fitted along with K&n induction kit.

Full suspension rebuild including front wishbones, track rod ends, bilsteins and eibachs, top mounts replaced, new drop links/poly bushes fitted, eibach camber bolts fitted and power steering fluid changed. Whiteline 22mm rear anti roll bar fitted.

Sparco upper front strut brace (Painted Sprint blue), lower front strut brace and rear upper brace (Again painted sprint blue) fitted.

Full brake rebuild with new discs all round (Brembo sport drilled discs and pagid pads on the front, braided flexis, DOT 5.1 fluid, properly refurbished calipers all round, new handbrake cables and rear splash shields.

Wheels powdercoated 'LE' grey, good set of matching Kuhmo's fitted, new bolts and 'LE' centre caps.

Interior is immaculate and has Hyundai coupe front seats (black leather) fitted, a full set of aluminium rings (Including speakers), new mats and a painted centre console, there's a Pioneer DEH 75BT head unit installed with a headlining microphone, genuine Honda push start fitted and boost guage fitted to clock position.

Bodywork is mint & It has a new AutoDS LE kit fitted.

The headlamps are also colour coded and have a HID kit fitted, there are matching LED front side lights, vinyl coated red rears and clear side repeaters fitted.

FiatCoupe2.jpg

FiatCoupe3.jpg

FiatCoupe4.jpg

FiatCoupe1.jpg

Last edited:

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
on the 29th of the month, I add on my 62trim hybrid turbo, Pro-Alloy Intercooler, Decat & Forge FMDV006 Dump valve, then shortly after I take it to FC performance for a remap and Greddy Profec B spec 2 to be setup !

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I have a massive soft spot for these. They do look under wheeled though.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
after the remap with new turbo, I should be between 320-340 bhp @ 1.35 bar, at the moment it is on stock boost levels, but at the standard 220bhp (albeit with exhaust and air filter) they are still no slouch!

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Love these cars and almost bought one after i missed out on a GTV but the engine was fucked in it.

They have aged well too!

LY R26 #288
Very nice mate. I like these.

My mate had one and melted a piston. They are money skips when it comes to maintaining them I think.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've had 2 and admitedly I did no more than 4000 miles in the pair of them, they were spot on! Ate anti roll bar bushes though for some reason.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
after the remap with new turbo, I should be between 320-340 bhp @ 1.35 bar, at the moment it is on stock boost levels, but at the standard 220bhp (albeit with exhaust and air filter) they are still no slouch!

Yeah my mate had one for a year. Wasnt bad at all. Felt quicker than it was and sounded lovely. Its just the interior i can do. The gear stick annoys me for some reason..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Stunning colour mate. Lovely car... could never own one without having reliable transport. ;)

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
Very nice mate. I like these.

My mate had one and melted a piston. They are money skips when it comes to maintaining them I think.

The one i looked at had a similair problem and the amount of smoke out the exhaust would remind you of a Cayman. :)

PH1 loads of boost!
Very nice, I used to have one before I got the Evo... Would still have it if i hadnt got the Evo.

My pal had one with 299hp and that went really well! With an extra 30-50hp it will be even better! The 5pot noise is mega :D

I would chuck a decent clutch on your list for the end of the month with that amount of power, and maybe have a little bit of cash set aside for when/if the standard internals let go.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely car.

My Brother-in-law had one running 340bhp and 320 lb/ft and it was an animal

SNV30377.jpg

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I think it suffered from abuse... iirc it was then bought by someone who had massive plans for 500+bhp into the body as it was a very clean car.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
thanks for the comments guys, really love the attention the car gets and how most people don't even know what it is LOL.

My coop before this one never missed a beat, had it over 2.5 years and it had 151k on the clock when I finally decided to get this one! as with most performance cars, it's all about how you treat it! Always stay off boost for the first & Last couple of miles of my journey and regular oil changes, servicing etc...

the white smoke thing that someone mentioned earlier, may have been due to the seals on the standard turbo going, may have been helped along if that car had a decat, as without a stepped gap seals they will go quickly!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
thanks for the comments guys, really love the attention the car gets and how most people don't even know what it is LOL.

My coop before this one never missed a beat, had it over 2.5 years and it had 151k on the clock when I finally decided to get this one! as with most performance cars, it's all about how you treat it! Always stay off boost for the first & Last couple of miles of my journey and regular oil changes, servicing etc...

the white smoke thing that someone mentioned earlier, may have been due to the seals on the standard turbo going, may have been helped along if that car had a decat, as without a stepped gap seals they will go quickly!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Tidy car.

hero vehicle.

Anything with more than 4 cylinders contains win by default

If you got a pound for every time you've mentioned either cylinder count or displacement since you joined CS, you'd be able to buy something with more than four.

You're worse than Turkish and his Rota hatin'. ;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Turkish has real wheels, so he is fine to hate.

I'm not debating that, I'm not a Rota fan either - just stating that the topic has been raised more times than Peter Norths' ****. Let's not let this thread go that way too, eh? ;)

Clio 197
i love these, i used to have a 16vt - that was very thirsty though :)

The 20v noise is mega, i had a 20v bravo after that with open cone filter - ace!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
only as thirsty as any other high power turbo car when you put your foot down. I managed the drive from Fife to Canterbury in a tank and a 1/4! that was mostly off boost though! but economy is down to my right foot ultimatley!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
BTW does one of the detailing people wanna come detail it?

Clio 1.2 16v
Got one of these coming into my work from Wallace Per4mance, it has the most silly body kit on it, I'm positive it's to make it look like a Ferrari 360, when it's in I'll get some photos haha.

Looks nice mate, guy on my streets had about 8 of these, all sounded tasty, quite shifty too.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Last time i seen one of these it was at oulton park and the bottom end went :eek:

That does look stunning though!

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
Shame about the bodykit and mudflaps, as i like them in that blue.

the side skirts and front bumper lips are from an le model, so they are OEM, as for the mudflaps, I've come around to liking them, looking at the photos I was going to take them off, but in person they do seem to add to it!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My mates refurb of his coupes brakes..I do like the brembo's. Seems to stop well.

200614_10150147521638279_824278278_6371302_4022646_n.jpg

Spot the mistake.