ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new GTi

106 GTi
After the crappy weather yesterday - Gave it a wash and another coat of wax today ;) lol - then it started raining again :dapprove:

Also started on the interior this morning it is covered in Silicone spray but still need to finish that off as with a few more bits of machine polishing on the exterior.

Most of the pics in the Gallery are from today:

http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/106/

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_0458.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0473.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Holy smokes! A 106 with no parking dents!

Lovely car matey, best colour too :) (after white!)

visualize whirled pe
Great wet shine. Looks to be in fanstatic condition, what products did you use? Like Dan said it's done well to have survived parking dent free.

106 GTi
Holy smokes! A 106 with no parking dents!

Lovely car matey, best colour too :) (after white!)

Previous owner explained his shopping routine when I viewed it lol!

It has about 3 small dents I will get sorted when my dent man is in the area.

106 GTi
Great wet shine. Looks to be in fanstatic condition, what products did you use? Like Dan said it's done well to have survived parking dent free.

So far:

Friday

Wash - Meguiars Shampoo Plus
Dry - Sonus Der Wunder Towel
Polish/Swirl Remove:

Whole car Porter Cable with Menzerna Intensive Polish on Sonus SFX Light Cut Pad. Bonnet and roof with additional pass of Menzerna Final Polish on Sonus SFX Light Cut Pad.

Followed up with Meguiars Speed Glaze #80 on a SFX Polishing Pad.

Glaze - Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze by hand.

Wax- Swissvax Saphir

Cleaned the Glass.

Sunday

Wash - Duragloss
Quick Detailed - Sonus Carnuba Spritz
Wax - Victoria Concours

Cleaned all the dash with Megs APC and AG Interior Cleaner, and dressed with Poorboys Natural Look. Cleaned leather with AG Leather Clean and nourished with Einszett Leather Care.

106 GTi
Indeed previous owner did them, going to do them with Hammerite Smooth Gold when I get the chance to match the factory colour.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
wheels look in great nik! :approve: sillver doesnt look out of place but i know your as anal as me :rasp:

visualize whirled pe
That's a lot of work for a Friday, you must have been keen to get cracking on with it.

Do you find the Concours mutes the metallic a bit, or is it the lack of strong sunlight? It's a great colour but when I first saw the pics I didnt realise it was metallic, the pug paint looks like the flakes are smaller and more uniform than renault paint.

I think the hard work has paid off. I find cars like this, that've been well looked after, are much nicer to keep on top of. You don't get a build up on trim lines, panel gaps and dirt behind parts that can get so full of grime they dribble cruddy water down a clean panel hours after washing.

My gf's car was grubby when I went to buy it for her. The valeter lad didnt 'clean' things he just kept adding more and more silicon or gel to the trim so everything had a sticky and yellowed look. When I organised to pick it up he said 'I'll valet it before hand' I just said no thanks!!!!!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The 106 looks nice ,a bit small for me though and i prefer your 182 .I agree with Alan , it'll probably cost you more in the long run running the 106 . Ovbiously they are your cars and it's your decision .

Stop being a pussy and start driving the 182 as it should have been driven , and that includes driving it in the rain ;)

106 GTi
wheels look in great nik! :approve: sillver doesnt look out of place but i know your as anal as me :rasp:

They do look good, but you know me !

very nice, same tax disc holder as mine lol

Get yourself down to the national day this year in yours :)

That's a lot of work for a Friday, you must have been keen to get cracking on with it.

Do you find the Concours mutes the metallic a bit, or is it the lack of strong sunlight? It's a great colour but when I first saw the pics I didnt realise it was metallic, the pug paint looks like the flakes are smaller and more uniform than renault paint.

I think the hard work has paid off. I find cars like this, that've been well looked after, are much nicer to keep on top of. You don't get a build up on trim lines, panel gaps and dirt behind parts that can get so full of grime they dribble cruddy water down a clean panel hours after washing.

My gf's car was grubby when I went to buy it for her. The valeter lad didnt 'clean' things he just kept adding more and more silicon or gel to the trim so everything had a sticky and yellowed look. When I organised to pick it up he said 'I'll valet it before hand' I just said no thanks!!!!!

Was hard work and frantic, luckily the car is small, and I had a unit to work in, a good 10 hours, and still need to polish the valances and bodykit as I ran out of time.

Is a very fine pearlescant metallic, the dullness, taking 6ish last nigh in the drizzle does the colour no favours, I have not seen it in the sun yet. Zymol Concours has muted flake in the past, this is only the third time I have used the Vics so need to see it in the sun now. It is getting there.

The 106 looks nice ,a bit small for me though and i prefer your 182 .I agree with Alan , it'll probably cost you more in the long run running the 106 . Obviously they are your cars and it's your decision.

Stop being a pussy and start driving the 182 as it should have been driven , and that includes driving it in the rain ;)

That was a thought - but the 106 gives me just as much fun.

I can better use the money tired up in the 182 to be honest, the extension fund and my elise fund can have half each! lol

The 106 is small but I find it more comfortable and have more leg room.

As for costing money, I am off to get parts at lunchtime - doh!!!!!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Keep the 14's and get some 195 contisports on it.

My old one had soooo much more grip than my 172 on Bridgestones.

1 Series Coupe
Looks ace Rich!

I've been looking at these for a replacement for the 1.2...

How are you finding it? You've had one before havn't you?

M

mini-valver

Realistic price for an immaculate car aswell.

106 is a worthy replacement though Rich!

I hope I don't come to regret it.

At the time of selling my 182 I didn't really feel anything because I was getting a V6.... but even when I had the V6 I missed the 182 and still miss the 182 now, I think I miss the colour more than anything.

But I'm happy with my Focus, it's mint as a daily runner. But I'm saving for a RB 197 as my weekend toy, as I miss not having an RS.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
106 looks good Rich, cracking colour too :).

And good luck with the sale of the mintest condition 182 in the country.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
195's on the 14's ? Will have a look.

195/45/14 was what i was running. Although they tyres did look a little due to small side wall. 195/50/14 would look perfect but theres sod all about.

106 GTi
Some more progress on it so far.

Mechanically it has now got a new rad and rear exhaust box. A fair few more bits to replace cosmetically to tidy it up and have not really done much inside yet.

Started to cleanup the wheels but needed some stronger Wheel acid which is now sorted I will try and get that job done.

Polishing is getting there slowly, everything bar the side skirts has no been polished, but the roof, tailgate, bonnet and front and rear valences still need some more TLC.

Progress Pics so far are all here - http://www.richtreen.co.uk/images/106/

106 GTi
Probably going to sell the Mystery - though I did through a coat of it on the GTi to see how it looked lol! Added some value to the car pmsl

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
lol, may try zaino CS, but i dunno whether its better tha jeff