ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new hybrid.......

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

.....well not technically new but have just got it from Steve a so im back in clio ownership! :)

Well what can i say. Havent had this much fun driving it a while! Love the 2.0l powerhouse! lol

Nice meetin you and doing business steve!

A few piccies outside its new home:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/32bfa440.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/fb648482.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/66979613.jpg

Nice clean engine bay! :D (I/k now off though)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y77/Tom_White/engine2.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yep!

It has a s/s manifold to go on there and then i think its cams and strip it.

It made 144bhp atw on the hill power rollers or so im told! So not to shy! Not sure what that is at the fly?

very nice & it looks mint as, plus that engine bay is proper clean !!:D
you still got the golf as well Tom, or did you sell it ??

Audi TT 225 Quattro

can some one tell me what 134bhp at the wheels is at the flywheel, this is what my 2.0 was rr at on hillpowers rollers before it came out of car, nick said it is a std eng is this a good fig ??

mint car aswell m8.
[Edited by jay s on 21 August 2005 at 8:29pm]

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

This is a gorgeous car, whats Steve driving now? (have i seen him in a silver 172?)

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

like the engine bay, how much was spent on getting it looking like that? id like to get mine looking that sweet

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Steve always looked after the engine bay, think it was just lots of love and attention

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah it was a p/x so steve now has my old pimp golf. Thanks for all the good comments but cant help to remind its steves creation. I love it though

No probs tom! lol Gotta love the 2.0l power! I know i do

Had such fun tonight!

Winston - Yeah id love to get a widetrack on it but really dont know where would do it for me. Really wanna get it done though!

Next step is to strip it me feels! And considering a wheel refurb in steel grey?!

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 22 August 2005

Winston - Yeah id love to get a widetrack on it but really dont know where would do it for me. Really wanna get it done though!
Any garage can do it your looking at about £1k with coilover to do it though.

Its not a huge job just difficult if any of the bolts dont want to come off.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 22 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom20v on 22 August 2005

Any garage can do it your looking at about £1k with coilover to do it though.

Its not a huge job just difficult if any of the bolts dont want to come off.
Thats the thing, i wouldnt really wanna spend 1k just to get it done. Would rather get cams and buckets.

The willy track is deffo on my list though. Might phone Renatec and see what they would charge.....

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

Glad your happy with it tom was a shame to see it go:(. Also get the decat pipe back on there, it pulls better top end. And give it a try with the 15s;).

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by steve a on 22 August 2005

Glad your happy with it tom was a shame to see it go:(. Also get the decat pipe back on there, it pulls better top end. And give it a try with the 15s;).
Decat was back on there within 30mins of getting it home. My mate opened his garage up and did it for me! :D

Ill try the 15s. Spins enough on the 16s! lol

When i test drove this car it didnt feel as quick as it seems to now. Must have been because it was on a d/c and quite open. The pick up in second is rather fun!

Left a Vts for dead last night

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by *CLIO16V* on 22 August 2005

tom, Do you know where he got the front plate from?
Havent a clue mate. Looks good in the flesh though

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

clio16v I brought the plate from trax 2 years ago cant remember the name of the company though.

What a beauty :D.. and as for the engine bay :eek:

What engine work has been done for this power. I assume its already got uprated cams, howcomes youre upgrading ??

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nah it hasnt at the mo

Its just got a chip, filter, decat, exhaust, leads ect

Steve will confirm the power it made no doubt. She really does fly. TomS will confirm this! :devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by jay s on 21 August 2005can some one tell me what 134bhp at the wheels is at the flywheel, this is what my 2.0 was rr at on hillpowers rollers before it came out of car, nick said it is a std eng is this a good fig ??
mint car aswell m8.
[Edited by jay s on 21 August 2005 at 8:29pm]

about 162bhp

generally times the wheels figures by 1.21 seems to be an average for valvers

[Edited by Ben j on 8/22/2005 11:04:34 AM]