ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new inferno 182

Inferno 182
Just bought this last week and decided to give it a clean yesterday. Bought for £2600 with only 62,000miles on the clock. Will get going on a project thread soon when pay day comes and i decide what to do 1st! Don't have a clue yet! Anyway, enjoy!

A08A8A9C-555C-41DE-92A2-F2E6029B775C-3072-0000025FE6464E9C.jpg

1D687627-2E7E-40CC-AC0A-F36A5072AAE5-3072-0000025FF9FF0600.jpg

A1B21DD4-2014-4076-8FDE-9925426E810E-3072-0000025FF4295F0B.jpg

01F5A10D-C974-4731-92D2-A4F53D83A55A-3072-0000025FECBF5482.jpg

0DDD7FEB-DCEB-40F4-9B13-DA74D7812A08-3072-0000025FE06FAA3A.jpg

7429762D-4AB5-4358-91F3-71C3220E51C5-3072-0000025FC953831B.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
looks tidy, think I saw this for sale on pistonheads or autotrader perhaps?

none standard suspension is it? looks slightly lower to me, or perhaps i'm imagining it?

Inferno 182
Cheers, I found it on autotrader. Its lowered 60mm on springs, haven't had a proper look at what they are yet but i'm guessing they're Apex as they're yellow and a stupidly harsh ride lol.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks :) I used to hate the colour personally, but seeing one in person and detailing one myself and now owning one i thinks its one of the best colours.

It IS the best colour.

I had apex springs on my 1.4 and they where stupidly harsh. I havnt lowered my bean, just kept it on the standard suspension as i think its the best in fairness. :p

Here mine if you fancy a look: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?561137-Bonxys-2nd-Baked-Bean

Also, i got a lot more inspiration from this thread. You should post some pictures in here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?360894-All-Inferno-182-s-on-the-Forum

Cheers, Sam!

Inferno 182
What's the jump up like from the 1.6?

Quite alot tbh, with speed the 182 is so much quicker higher revs, lower revs theres not a huge difference but it is noticeable, but as soon as you get to around 5000rpm its throws you back in the seat lol. Also it handles so much better, alot stiffer chassis, I can feel the road so much easier and i can feel exactly where every corner of the car is :) definatley worth the money :)

Inferno 182
It IS the best colour.

I had apex springs on my 1.4 and they where stupidly harsh. I havnt lowered my bean, just kept it on the standard suspension as i think its the best in fairness. :p

Here mine if you fancy a look: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?561137-Bonxys-2nd-Baked-Bean

Also, i got a lot more inspiration from this thread. You should post some pictures in here: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?360894-All-Inferno-182-s-on-the-Forum

Cheers, Sam!

I think once i get a bit more money coming through I might get coilovers :/ or maybe just better springs and uprated shocks :)
Yeah will have a look :) Thanks a lot sam!

Jamie

BlackGold 182
i dont see why everyone hates on the apex, i have 2 182s at the minute and the standard one is only a little bit better than the apex ride tbh

Inferno 182
Awesome price, belts done?

Makes me wonder why I paid £1k more for a RB lol.

Yep done in may on it's last service ;) the lad I bought it off didn't really know much about the car, I think that's the only reason I got it so cheap.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i dont see why everyone hates on the apex, i have 2 182s at the minute and the standard one is only a little bit better than the apex ride tbh

seriously??? mine were honestly the worst riding springs I think I have ever had the displeasure of allowing to carry me about, truly shockingly bad. so its mad to hear someone say they are similar to their standard ones. the difference to me was incredible, the 172 on the apex was crashier and rattlier than my trak prepped mk 1 with no interior and coilovers wound right down!!

Inferno 182
Can't get over the price!

Looks like you've got a hell of a bargain, what's the future plans?

New tyres all round, I'm thinking hankook s1 evo's. Then probably itg Panel filter, then maybe exhaust. I'm going to Flame and Thunder at Santa pod in October and will do a run against my mate in his 106 gti, by then he will have full exhaust inc. manifold, induction and he's borrowing some track tyres just for the day to try beat me (sad I know) but I want to do anything I can at a decent price to make sure he doesn't, anyone got any ideas at what else I could do?

Iceberg 172
New tyres all round, I'm thinking hankook s1 evo's. Then probably itg Panel filter, then maybe exhaust. I'm going to Flame and Thunder at Santa pod in October and will do a run against my mate in his 106 gti, by then he will have full exhaust inc. manifold, induction and he's borrowing some track tyres just for the day to try beat me (sad I know) but I want to do anything I can at a decent price to make sure he doesn't, anyone got any ideas at what else I could do?

With all that done to your mates 106 gti, up against your 182 unless you have engine problems you should beat him easy! If anything I would go for a custom exhaust system with a decaf pipe, iv just had that done on my 172 and you can feel the difference!

PB Clio 172
Nice car :approve:

just sad how you can buy these things so cheap now, they are not a 'cheap' car if you get me :dapprove:

PB Clio 172
With all that done to your mates 106 gti, up against your 182 unless you have engine problems you should beat him easy! If anything I would go for a custom exhaust system with a decaf pipe, iv just had that done on my 172 and you can feel the difference!

I wouldnt bet against that. 106/vts's work very well with simple breathing mods where as the Clio does not.

Inferno 182
Think I'll go for the exhaust then strip the back seats out on the day :) I know it is, alright for me as I got a good one :) but shame they're so low value now :/ the chavs will have them soon and just ruin them :(