ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Jap Crap! (SR180)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Got it delivered today, basically its my company car and has 177bhp (180PS hence the name) and 400nm of torque so it seems to shift fairly well!

Sorry for the shitty phone pics, my camera was in my house and I was at my Mums! The rain certainly didnt help! Proper pics soon

Image003Medium.jpg

Image008Medium.jpg

Image016Medium.jpg

Image018Medium.jpg

Image019Medium.jpg

Image020Medium.jpg

Image026Medium.jpg

Image027Medium.jpg

Image028Medium.jpg

(Need to be cleaning all the grease off soon!)

Image029Medium.jpg

Badges to be removed as well

Image032Medium.jpg

And with only 65 miles on the clock it was already dirty

Image037Medium.jpg

Its now got 135 miles on it and is quite possibly dirtier than any car Ive ever had! White+Scottish winter = filth!

All comments are very welcome

John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Oh and plans are minimal being a company car but I will be fitting my Alpine Ipod headunit, debadging it except the "SR180" one but I may get a smaller black vinyl saying that instead. Also gonna get HIDs and new plates, poss a smaller one for the front.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Still no! Sorry bud but its been sold already, make the new owner (if he comes on here) an offer!

Thanks bud, yeah thought it wasnt too bad a choice!
did you sell it local john?

Quite nice for a company car. I had a corolla for a few days and it was quick for a diesel.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Really like these.

Seen a few petrol ones that seem to look quite low, which look even better.

320d
My grandad has the verso T180 with the same engine, its not slow for an MPV. Think its the quickest standard diesel MPV.

Should go very well indeed in an Auris.

Looks are marmite imo though.

Rb 182
Had a spin in it last night. Defo quick but its still tight. Should be quicker once its run in.

And after 1 day its poss one of the hardest cars to keep clean!

cliokhunt: i dont think he will get it mapped as we've heard horror storys about cars being taken back after they found out it was chipped/mapped.

i really like them..should be good in the 'summer' with it being white

we test drove one a while ago and i loved the interior....smells good too :)

S4 Avant
Nice looking car, especially for a company car.

The japanese know how to make interiors, and seating positions.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
How do you find them dials?

I got a headache from just looking at them then.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Should shift with all that torque

Seems to! Laggy as fook below 1800rpm, takes ages to spool up then shoots off, think the torque curve will look like table mountain!

Looks better than i thought it would, but that handbrake looks like a huge cyber dildo.

lol there is something quite phallic about it, would explain why I like having it in my hand so often ;)

Company car:cool:

Better than a Mondeo or a vectra;);)

Why not a Megane 225 ???:rasp:

Yeah looked at them and astras and focus' etc etc but happy with this. Had to be diesel for tax reasons and the 175 was only around in lux form and totalled about £3k more than this :(

Thats cool!!! Space age!

Cheers :)

Very smart mate, bet it'll go well..

Thanks mate, goes as quickly as it gets dirty!!

How do you find them dials?

I got a headache from just looking at them then.

Great, the only issue I have with them is when you view stuff like mpg etc you cant see the clock :( Howeve when I put my alpine in it'll show the time instead so no biggy. Also to flick through the screens instead of it being on the end of a stalk its the left hand button you can see on the dials, pretty daft imo.

Nice. I got caught in the wrong gear by one of those.

Embarrassing.

Happy to hear that! :clown:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Took these today, now please bear in mind that this is the 2nd day I've owned the car and at this point it had covered about 195 miles, and I mean since it was built!

IMG_3177Medium-1.jpg

IMG_3176Medium.jpg

IMG_3178Medium.jpg

IMG_3179Medium.jpg

IMG_3181Medium.jpg

It was too dark to get decent photos when I'd finished cleaning it but its gonna be a mission I think!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nope, all main roads bar maybe a mile of b road. Maybe white wasnt such a hot choice. Im convinced the spoiler isnt helping things much!

172cup
just look at the engine bay... looks immense!!! lol I think ive been more turned on by the motor in my butt plug

Jealous? Yeah a little so what

Banana
Very nice John, Better choice than most of the repmobiles you see.
Take it to the RR day, and you can choke us to death this year instead of StephenM!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
just look at the engine bay... looks immense!!! lol I think ive been more turned on by the motor in my butt plug

Jealous? Yeah a little so what

Yeah its beyond dull looking but it is derv and they never look good!

Bad choice getting a white one in this weather lol! Nice car tho.

Yeah you can see dirt after a mile!

Very nice John, Better choice than most of the repmobiles you see.
Take it to the RR day, and you can choke us to death this year instead of StephenM!

Aye gonna run it, gonna be on about 6/700 miles by then so doubt it'll be making the power that it should

Golf
Me mam and dad have getting an SR in the dark blue, same car thats on the ITV adverts. I was suprised how much room was in the back. The had problems with the brakes squealing already and has been back twice, the locking nuts also rusted very quickly