ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Jap Crap! (SR180)

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah seems to be a common problem, mine has squeeled a couple of times but not every time and there is a rattle somewhere that appeared after about 150 miles.

Golf
I would get the brakes checked out, the dealers me dad got theres from said its a common problem and they've been sorted out now.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers lads.

Yeah gonna wait till there are doing it a bit more consistently and then get them sorted.

Aye nae bad Chic, with a remap Id be looking at 500nm and 215bhp but its not worth the risk on a company car :( Gutted!

Focus RS mk1
same lump as in the lexus IS220D but the gearboxes in the lexus are shite aswel as having major problems with egr valves clogging and 5th injectors clogging and in bad cases the cats clog up aswell caused by burning alot of oil. shame lexus couldnt get it rite even though lexus and toyota are the same

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I believe there is an ECU reflash for the EGR clogging problem now but hopefully I wont have any of those problems! If I do, sod it, not my issue!! :)

Focus RS mk1
lexus issued 3 ecu flashes non of which really sorts it, toyota dnt have half as many probs with there 220d like lexus, you should be ok. we are stripping one engine everyweek for piston rings at lexus de coking inlets for cloggong. that magical warranty looks after everythin so it wont be an issue. the sr180 rav 4 is a quick motor aswell.

clio 172 cup
ive raced 1 of these i had my gf in mine he had 3 mates whooped his ass coming off a roundabout, what is the weight of these

ph2 172 ff
i work for toyota, may have had a part in building it or shipping it or so lol
theay are alright but 3 doors look better

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

:eek::eek::nono:

They weigh about 40tonnes or so ;)

Well so far the rear brakes now squeel all the time and the dash rattle is getting worse. But hey toyota realibty rocks............................apparently. At least I get to see if the dealers are any good on my 400mile old car!

Good bus for a company car John :)

My next door neighbour's got the same engine in a small people carrier thing (Corrola Verso???) and he says it's more fun to drive than his Saab 9-3 1.8T...

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Was meant to be a quick wash but I say quick, no such thing on white! However you can see its better than it was. Also removed the D-CAT, Toyota and Auris badges, much cleaner and a big, free, improvement imo.

Before

IMG_3236Medium.jpg

IMG_3237Medium.jpg

IMG_3238Medium.jpg

IMG_3239Medium.jpg

After

IMG_3240Medium.jpg

IMG_3242Medium.jpg

IMG_3244Medium.jpg

IMG_3246Medium.jpg

IMG_3247Medium.jpg

IMG_3248Medium.jpg

IMG_3249Medium.jpg

IMG_3250Medium.jpg

Gonna do something a bit different with the SR180 badge as well in time.

Oh and RUST!!! after 1600 miles. Not happy!

IMG_3243Medium.jpg

Comments are very welcome