ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new LY 275 Trophy (photo heavy)

Clio 220 Trophy
(Copied over from my post on the RSMegane Forum)

Afternoon everyone,

I'm not one to post on forums but I thought it would be rude not to share my new pride and joy with you. I only had my white 250 for about 18 months (14 when I put the new order in) and loved it but couldn't resist the new Trophy when the deals were on. There was a delay in delivery but I've finally got it.

I absolutely love her - also so many more features over my 250 such as the R-Link system which seems brilliant, reverse camera, RS monitor and the upgraded audio. I went for the 19" Speedlines and one major disappointment is that two of them have been scratched quite badly on the centre cap and a small area of the wheel around it - Noticeable up close and disappointing on a £1000 upgrade. Renault have promised to fix it but I'm not sure exactly what the fix would be.

The best decision I ever made was to employ a professional detailer to work on her prior to my collection. I requested that the dealer leave it as it was when delivered, looking very dusty. Just as well too - the detailer informed me that it was covered in tiny bits of metal consistent with weeks spent by a railway. Following a wash, two stage machine polish and full protection he had the car looking absolutely stunning. He did an unbelievable job on it. As you can see I've tried to photograph her in various lights and from different angles to give an idea of how it looks but the iPhone camera just can't do the paint and finish any justice at all.

Here she is, number 980 (apologies for the crude removal of the reg plate):

2015-03-08%2008.07.21.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.23.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.26.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.29.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.33.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.36.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.42.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.46.jpg

2015-03-08%2008.07.55.jpg

2015-03-08%2010.52.38.jpg

2015-03-08%2010.52.51%20HDR.jpg

2015-03-08%2010.53.04.jpg

2015-03-08%2012.10.17.jpg

I picked her up with 12.5 miles on the clock. That's gone up to 98 but the weather is looking too gloomy for me to take her back out of the garage this afternoon!

I've kept the revs under about 3000rpm so far. Has anyone got any tips on running in? The dealer insisted that Renault don't recommend any running in.

Merc A Class
Very jealous right now! I used to have a yellow meg 250 which was an awesome car so can only imagine what this is like :smile:

Enjoy the Trophy fella!

That looks fantastic mate - I can tell you're chuffed to bits! What's the carbon-look stuff on the seats... leather?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
^^^ what he says. It's now time to start opening it up. If your not comfortable doing that just don't load it up in the gears and spread the rpm band you use. Some of the strongest engines in terms of hp have been kicked shitless from day one.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
That is not subtle at all!

Looks like it's a right weapon.

I've read articles by people that claim to be engine builders saying when you have a new engine to get on a motorway, and just come off at every junction, rejoining it and going full throttle from 40-whatever you're comfortable with, then instead of braking, come off the throttle and let the car engine brake back to normal speed. Rinse and repeat.

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
That is not subtle at all!

Looks like it's a right weapon.

I've read articles by people that claim to be engine builders saying when you have a new engine to get on a motorway, and just come off at every junction, rejoining it and going full throttle from 40-whatever you're comfortable with, then instead of braking, come off the throttle and let the car engine brake back to normal speed. Rinse and repeat.

That's with a freshly build engine, these would of be ragged to death in the factory though

Clio 220 Trophy
Thanks for all the comments guys.

That looks fantastic mate - I can tell you're chuffed to bits! What's the carbon-look stuff on the seats... leather?

How did you guess? :tonguewink:

Re the carbon look on the seats - I'm not really sure, almost certain it's not leather. I'll have a proper look and get back to you. There's some on the door cards too. The alcantara steering wheel and handbrake is lovely.

So much love for this. Does it have the Sachs?

The option was the Ohlins adjustable dampers, but no. It was a £2k option which just wasn't viable (especially when the Speedlines were £1k and LY paint was £1.3k). It has got cup suspension and chassis as standard anyway and the LSD.

Lovely. (apart from the stickers)

I felt the same and they were coming off until I actually saw it in the flesh and changed my mind - can't put my finger on why.

Danny 172, NorthloopCup and Jeff simply - thanks for the input re (not) running in, now I can go drive properly and have some fun :smile:

Clio 220 Trophy
looks nice.
regarding the scratched wheels... Cant they just replace them?

That is what I'm hoping but I'm yet to go through this properly with the dealer. My feeling is that if they're going to refurb them, they should order two new ones for me and give the refurbed ones to someone else once they're done properly. It's just a shame I've already had all the clean, decontaminate and protection work done including the wheels. I'll have to book the detailer again for the new ones.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Wow that looks stunning. What were the deals like when they were on, never heard about them. What did it set you back if you dont mind me being cheeky.

also did you have to ask for the side stickers?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ace! Best colour too.

I don't think 250/265s can pull LY off, the facelift though is bang on.

Bit of a shame having the wheels scratched :(

I'm not a fan of the stickers either but they do define the car. Much like the tat chucked on the r26/r27s lol

Regarding running it in, this.

Thats stunning.

I wouldn't worry about running it in, up to temperature and kick its balls is the way forward!

Clio 220 Trophy
Optical - don't mind at all. I was offered 15% off, making it about £24700 plus options and all in all £27800 or there abouts. That was with 4 years 0% finance, no deposit including 4 year warranty and roadside breakdown cover. Wouldn't have been so tempted if it wasn't for them offering over £12k part ex for my 2010 megane 250.

There was a lot of talk of the Golf R being similar money but realistically with a few options to bring up to similar spec, and VW offering about £9 for the 250, it was about minimum £10k extra...

The stickers were standard and I left them with a view to possibly removing. Once I saw it in the flesh with them on I changed my mind, they'll definitely stay.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Optical - don't mind at all. I was offered 15% off, making it about £24700 plus options and all in all £27800 or there abouts. That was with 4 years 0% finance, no deposit including 4 year warranty and roadside breakdown cover. Wouldn't have been so tempted if it wasn't for them offering over £12k part ex for my 2010 megane 250.

There was a lot of talk of the Golf R being similar money but realistically with a few options to bring up to similar spec, and VW offering about £9 for the 250, it was about minimum £10k extra...

The stickers were standard and I left them with a view to possibly removing. Once I saw it in the flesh with them on I changed my mind, they'll definitely stay.
Sounds like a pretty good deal tbh. I mean sure in 3 years you'll still be paying half a grand a month for a 3 year old Renault, but to get money off, no deposit and 0% finance it doesn't sound bad at all.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Running in for road cars died a while ago. Engine technology has moved on. Some would argue that with synthetic oils specs these days you need to give the engine a right ass kicking to really get it to bed in. A settling of fuel consumption is usually a good sign most of the loosening up is done.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks stunning, love these!

Just let it warm up and kick its pan in! None of this running in rubbish, I'd of already attempted to do the clock by now lol.

Track 172 Cup
Lovely car.. had a sit in one the other day and the seats are very nice, what does the Akrapovic sound like?

Clio 220 Trophy
Stu - it's lovely. It burbles and pops on lift off in race mode, even under 3000rpm. Doesn't make any excess noise when not pushed which is how I like it.

Not my vid but check this out: