ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Saxo VTS: Two Tone content.

The brakes seemed awful, once you get used to them though you're fine, you just really need to plant your foot for them to work if it's anything like the ZS.

And with regards to speed, I imagine there isnt a lot in it between a 182 and a VTS, although I know before I raised my ZS slightly it seemed a lot faster than it was, I could touch the floor with it wound all the way down, now I've wound them up im about an inch off.

Yeah Im getting used to them now - there is no bite until you stamp on them, which coming from my previous cars was the total opposite!

Like you say, it probably feels faster as its so low, but one thing I am really impressed with is the low down power.

Once in 2nd/3rd it really seems to pull, harder than the 182 low down in the rev range, it pulls away in 2nd no problem, like driving an Auto round town lol

RB 182
2 port 23mm master cylinder will take out all of the spongyness of the pedal and maybe a slight adjustment of the brake servo bar across the bulkhead in the engine bay providing the pads and discs aren't binding..

And if you were to go for bigger brakes don't for the life of you go for the 306 gti6 calipers, as there now ancient and need modification to fit the hub properly..

You want to research the 307's as there slightly newer and less likely in need of the seal replacing and are a direct hub fitment.. :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I can imagine they are pretty chuckable too, only raised mine because I couldn't go over speedbumps and I couldn't drive it over the pennines towards huddersfield etc (closest place for decent roads around here) so it was pointless lol.

Good luck with it anyway!

I can imagine they are pretty chuckable too, only raised mine because I couldn't go over speedbumps and I couldn't drive it over the pennines towards huddersfield etc (closest place for decent roads around here) so it was pointless lol.

Good luck with it anyway!

They're my local roads! Lol

Speedbumps at 10mph and it's just about ok!

Cheers mate.

2 port 23mm master cylinder will take out all of the spongyness of the pedal and maybe a slight adjustment of the brake servo bar across the bulkhead in the engine bay providing the pads and discs aren't binding..

And if you were to go for bigger brakes don't for the life of you go for the 306 gti6 calipers, as there now ancient and need modification to fit the hub properly..

You want to research the 307's as there slightly newer and less likely in need of the seal replacing and are a direct hub fitment.. :)

Thanks for that mate!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
They're my local roads! Lol

Speedbumps at 10mph and it's just about ok!

Cheers mate.

I couldn't even do them at 5mph! LOL!

And yeah the roads up there are great, I usually come over from Dovestones, then take the left down into Meltham and then back onto the pennine way and drop back down into Diggle.

120d M Sport
Loving it TBH mate!

Is yours standard, as mine has a decat and exhaust/induction etc and actually feels more torquey low down than my 182's did!!!

It sets off in 2nd and pulls hard in 5th at 30mph :S

Its just REALLY low lol

I've got an ecosse enclosed induction and a pugsport decat system so it's had all the right bits done! I used to have a ZS like rhysbartleys and it felt slightly punchier off the mark. Hopefully the 4-2-1 manifold I've got to go on will improve things.

It could all be in my head, once you rev them they shift, can believe what you say about maybe being quicker to 50 than a 182, was in my mates VTS when he had a play against a 197 and he edged him to begin with!

Gave it abit of beans on the way home for the first time today, I'd say there was nothing in it between the VTS (modded) and any of my 182's TBH. Really impressed with the little 1.6!

I guess it's true about weight being crucial....

Also not sure if the gear linkage is standard as its really slick and precise!!

172 Cup
Gave it abit of beans on the way home for the first time today, I'd say there was nothing in it between the VTS (modded) and any of my 182's TBH. Really impressed with the little 1.6!

I guess it's true about weight being crucial....

Also not sure if the gear linkage is standard as its really slick and precise!!

Yeah mate tbh when i went from my vts to the cup it doesnt seem much faster really, just the noticable different in torque with it being a 2.0.

Doesnt sound like a standard gear linkage lol...maybe it has a griffiths engineering quikshift fitted?

Yeah mate tbh when i went from my vts to the cup it doesnt seem much faster really, just the noticable different in torque with it being a 2.0.

Doesnt sound like a standard gear linkage lol...maybe it has a griffiths engineering quikshift fitted?

Yeah possibly mate, not sure what's been done but it's really slick and there is no play atall...

I find it actually pulls really well lowdown unlike my 182's

DC2 TypeR / E36 328i
Well my second Saxo had a quick shift fitted, and my first one with the standard had a much nicer throw!

It's put me off 'short shifters' for life, the standard one is a bit loose mind, so you'd know if it was a short shifter.

120d M Sport
No complaints with the gearshift in mine, can really fling them into gear too unlike other cars I've driven. Love getting a perfect gearshift at about 7k lol.

172 Cup
Yes mate vtr and vts 'boxes are different in the fact the final drive is different ;)

Whats next for the 'S then?

Yes mate vtr and vts 'boxes are different in the fact the final drive is different ;)

Whats next for the 'S then?

Not sure TBH mate, its currently got a open-cone induction filter, Magnex system including de-cat...

The brakes, which I thought were nackered actually look pretty new on closer inspection, I just wasnt used to the feel of them.

Current plans are to "touch up" the old girl... It has a scratch on the drivers door which I have ordered a touch up pen for (£10!) and abif of the skirt is hanging off, which Im gona clip back on.

Other than that not much to do really.

Need to get some propper photos of it this weekend though weather dependant!

120d M Sport
What suspension you running on her mate? I know it's lowered but if it's not got some decent springs/shocks they might be worth looking in to.

Yeah might look into some better shocks mate (I think it running standard one lol)

Although its really only a run around until I get in my new house which should be this summer so not wanting to spend too much on it....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Bilstein B8's & Faulkner -35mm springs = perfection on the standard ARB/torsion bar.
Also you need an upper & lower OMP strut brace, tightens the front end up nicely, although the lower bar does hit everything lol.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Looks a very good example of a VTS dude! I had a VTR that i kept in MINT condition before my 197. I had Apex 50mm Springs and Dampers on mine with the torsion adjusted to suit, Also had upper and lower strut brace's, tightened up the front end lovely! As said above though Bilstein B8s are highly reccomend for the VT*'s

Will keep an eye on this thread

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Aren't the Bilstein's circa £400 though?

Not looking to blow that much on a £1300/12 year old car TBH lo

Might look at an upper strut-brace though :)

My apex kit was £217 iirc

I fitted the upper one first, and didn't feel that it did much tbh. then fitted the lower one and was way better

My apex kit was £217 iirc

I fitted the upper one first, and didn't feel that it did much tbh. then fitted the lower one and was way better

Was just looking at the Apex shocks on Kam Racing - they are half the price of the Billies (obviously not as good) but for £200 they surley would be better than the standard ones right?

How do you find them mate?

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Was just looking at the Apex shocks on Kam Racing - they are half the price of the Billies (obviously not as good) but for £200 they surley would be better than the standard ones right?

How do you find them mate?

Thats where i bought them from.

Yes i found them allright for the money. Loved the set-up i had on it with braces on it. Shocked a mate who was in the passenger seat when taking a few corners. My advice is to get over on Sax-p, loads of info on there about different set-ups, just have a search round on there.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
The Bilsteins are worth it. We are looking to improve the springs we sell with them even further but I can't say more on that just yet.
If on a budget I dont think there is better than the Apex kit

Lol just been over to sax-p ( I registered about 7 years ago lol)

Cant view the For Sale as I've not paid, and have no plans too... I am on 106 owners so I'll have a gander over there

Cheers mate.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I used to buy stuff cheap off the neds on sax-p and 106moaners, then sell it expensive to the 'limited edition enthusiasts' on 106rallyeregister. Many a bargain to be had on there lol ...

Haha, I remember you telling me this! Also buying stuff from Sax-P/106owners and selling them back to each other. Skillz.

Car looks good Matthew, how a VTS should look.

Craig_B

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Lol just been over to sax-p ( I registered about 7 years ago lol)

Cant view the For Sale as I've not paid, and have no plans too... I am on 106 owners so I'll have a gander over there

Cheers mate.

You have To be a member for 30 days and have 100 post then you will be able to use the for sale section dude.

And I wouldn't do a lot to it tbh. Just keep it sweet as a nut!