ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Saxo VTS: Two Tone content.

Peugeot 106 GTi
Now then fella!

Glad you are happy with her, already missing it.

I keep an eye on the 106oc for sale bit, so give us a shout, and I'll keep an eye out for anything you are after.

I should whack a thread up on here about the GTi, everyone seems decent!

Now then fella!

I keep an eye on the 106oc for sale bit, so give us a shout, and I'll keep an eye out for anything you are after.

Aright mate!

Yeah all is well, fitted some new wipers as the ones it had were just about done lol

Also got a touch up pen from Citroen for the door scratch, the WORST colour match of all time, it looks worse!!! Lol

Might get it sprayed eventually.

It's a good site mate, just don't put a Driving Story up, newbs get flamed by the forum police ;)

120d M Sport
Now then fella!

106 gti's are very popular over here, lotsof people having upgraded from them or 'downgrade' to them similar to Matthew. Is yours the cherry red one?

Hi guys, not an update as such but thought I would post a few quick pictures I took with the iphone earlier (couldnt be bothered getting the Canon out) and a brief write up comparing it to the 182's I have owned for those possibly looking to "downgrade".

So, what do I make of the VTS?

Performance wise, I would say it is on par with both 182's I have owned upto higher speeds where the 182 would start to pull.

Had a little play with an Audi S3 (225) upto 77mph up hill and the S3 pulled about 2 car lengths. Not bad for a 1.6 I though! :eek:

The turn in is alot faster than the RS Clio, athough I feel the Saxo is less stable through the bends. If you hit a bump or sudden dip for example it is really unpredictable, un-like the Clio where you feel in control.

The brakes are not as good, but not as bad as I first thought. Just different.

The interior is no where near as bad as people claim, I actually prefer the dash and seats in the Saxo over the Clio!

Pedals (bear in mind I am size 11) are fine. People would have you beleive they are un-drivable, they aren't. Feel small and close together but it hasn't been a problem at all for me.

It has THE BEST heater I have ever seen in a car. Two minutes from cold and its like an oven (which is nice when its -3 outside lol)

Thanks for reading.

6852222297_444a62b97f_z.jpg

photo by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6852224553_41a47488e8_z.jpg

photo3 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6785445057_92807a3cb0_z.jpg

11 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6785462355_bd4e5c8d10_z.jpg

8 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Glad you're enjoying it!! Always make me giggle on here, people slate the saxo constantly, then spend £££'s making their clio handle like one, ie rear ARB & stiffer suspension for a more nervous/twitchy rear end, combined with more front camber for a better turn in. Plebs.

I still maintain that my Vts was infinitely more fun/adjustable than the Trophy.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I loved my saxo when I had it but the clio is definitely a step up from it.

If Citroen hadn't released the vtr I doubt the same stigma would've been attached to saxos. It was aimed at young drivers and that coupled with the free insurance made them highly accessible to young hormonal dudes.

Looks nice in those pics.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The turn in is alot faster than the RS Clio, athough I feel the Saxo is less stable through the bends. If you hit a bump or sudden dip for example it is really unpredictable, un-like the Clio where you feel in control.

Lol that reminded me of a story my mate told me about him being on a spirited drive and hitting a bump while changing gear... Ended up in the next lane in neutral while accellerating lol

Disastra Coupe
I like all the stuff i read in the last few posts. People actually talking sense! Saxo's are awesome - okay, s**t image but when it's that fun for so little money who gives two s***s :rasp:

As Dave has already told you, lower brace will make a really good difference - i'd always advise people to buy one. And yes, you have to have your wit's about you with the rear end ;)

Z4
It's hard not spending money on our 'money saving cars' isn't it Matt lol.

I keep looking at things for the clio but end up talking myself out of it, not worth it in the long run! Get little bits that REALLY annoy you sorted and be content :) It's about as good as saxos get, nice and subtle. I like.

It's hard not spending money on our 'money saving cars' isn't it Matt lol.

I keep looking at things for the clio but end up talking myself out of it, not worth it in the long run! Get little bits that REALLY annoy you sorted and be content :) It's about as good as saxos get, nice and subtle. I like.

Cheers Chris.

Yeah its just little things that are annoying me at the min, a few little dents here and there and the drivers door with a dent/scratch.

If I hadnt just bought a house they would have been fixed a week ago lol

Its only got to last me circa 12 months then we will be getting something new :)

172 Cup
Agree with your write up tbh mate, i fu*king love saxo's and always will, i miss mine like mad! When on a 'spirited' drive you do have to have your witts about you but they are soo much fun!

Agree with your write up tbh mate, i fu*king love saxo's and always will, i miss mine like mad! When on a 'spirited' drive you do have to have your witts about you but they are soo much fun!

Lol so true.

When I was about 19 I had a blue VTR, which was lowered a touch, dam nice car.

Took a bend slightly too fast, lifted off mid bend, and it was game over.

Ended up on its side through a wall facing the wrong way lol

172 Cup
Lol so true.

Haha no way dude! I had a 'miss hap' in my topaz gold VTR off when i was 19, lifted off mid corner and it was goodnight :( big regret of my driving history but you learn from these things lol

Lol so true.

flol Proper!

Never had anything like that with my GTi, mustn't have been trying hard enough!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Haha no way dude! I had a 'miss hap' in my topaz gold VTR off when i was 19, lifted off mid corner and it was goodnight :( big regret of my driving history but you learn from these things lol

I remember hearing about that, was that the bump that wasnt too bad but since it was a Saxo it ended up annihilated?

120d M Sport
flol Proper!

Never had anything like that with my GTi, mustn't have been trying hard enough!

At standard height they are very predictable and controllable I think, which explains your experience compared with Matts!

The instablity Matt describes is bump steer from being low I reckon.

Had mine lowered at the weekend, takes corners faster but is thrown out of line easier and is as a result, a little less predictable. Standard set up wins for road IMO!

120d M Sport
A very conservative 25mm all round, rides nice and has sharpened the handling up a lot, just when it hits a bump mid bend it can skip about a bit lol!

As for the dents Matt, I haven't seen a 106/Saxo without them, the panels dink so easily! Wouldn't get worrying about them, its a 10 year old french car thats pretty tidy overall :)