ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Saxo VTS: Two Tone content.

Hi guys, as some of you may know, been itching for another daily car which was as fun as the Clio's but at a fraction of the price.

Saving for a house so decided to sell the current car, bank the money towards a deposit and find something cheap.

I was originally searching for a 106 GTi over on 106owners, but after realising they were mostly rust-buckets in my sub £1300 price range, or had well over 100K miles, I decided a Saxo VTS was in order.

Luckily a Mod over there PM'd me to say he was selling his, 70K miles and pretty much standard apart from a manifold back de-cat Magnex system and lowered roughly 50mm and in Two-tone! Which I'm told is quite rare on a VTS?

Took the trip upto his, loved it, sold my current car and have now placed a deposit down. Hoping to see what the fuss is about ;)

My previous motors....

6326295821_299a209719_z.jpg

My RB 182 at Whitby meet by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6326293363_be05ee8d38_z.jpg

My Golf GTI by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6354829437_68c951f8f1_z.jpg

DSCN0678 by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

And the VTS.

Picking it up (hopefully this coming weekend) after the rear beam has been re-built and with a nice 12 months MOT :)

6648586401_3599cfccd6_z.jpg

VTS by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

6648585195_0f9513a28f_z.jpg

6648598117_2a4f27b598_z.png

I'll be trying to keep this thread updated as and when I do things but going to try just keep it maintained really, not planning on further mods ;)

Matt

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Only just seen this thread, my money is on you keeping it for 3 months, selling it and getting a VTS.

You kept it a couple that 107 a couple of months longer than I expected, VTS does look tidy for 1300.

The 107 was super economical, over 100 miles to £10 round town and £20 tax, but I only live 2 miles from work so didnt really need a "new" car so thought, why not get a little fun car, and free up some cash for the house deposit - Win win really

*until the VTS breaks down

172 Cup
Looks lovely mate and rare too...only 250 two tone VTS's made iirc ;)

Miss my VTS soo much sometimes

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a LOT tidier than I imagined.

Cant wait to see it Matt, also glad you ditched that ridiculous 107.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks great dude. I must admit I loved mine for £750 and never had any problems with it;

IMG_2313.jpg

Dont forget the essential mod as well;

IMG_2056.jpg

Cheers lads.

Providing it doesnt blow up on the drive home, its probably a nice bit of business...

Just has a scratch on the drivers door - caused by a trampoline of all things!

Not sure if Ill be sorting it though, might uprate to bilstein dampers though :/

RB 182
Nice buy Matt, Hopefully now Marvv will cough up and buy my cams of me now he's sold the car, as he did meantion it might be going and free some of his cash up.. :)

Looks a very nice two tone to be fair.. Look forward to progress

Fiesta ST-3
I give it 6 months before you're back in a 182.

In all seriousness, good move getting something fun again! You going to be turning up at meets now then?

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
car looks nice mate super rare these factory two tones, thats deffo been lowered loving the standard alloys think iv seen it before on saxp when i usst to be on there.

Clio ph2 172
i had a topaz gold vtr with 4 branch and magnew straight through it had a simota air filter on it, 206 gti brakes and it was stripped 2 seats thats it, it bloody flew tbf. pi**ed a corsa vxr off once in it lol , trouble is i felt like i was going to die in it felt so insecure. please please upgrade the brakes should be your first buy !

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Love the two tone saxo's - as previously said I've never seen a VTS only a few VTR two tones - infact I only thought they made VTR versions! :eek:

Nice buy Matt, Hopefully now Marvv will cough up and buy my cams of me now he's sold the car, as he did meantion it might be going and free some of his cash up.. :)

Looks a very nice two tone to be fair.. Look forward to progress

Marvv seems a nice guy to be fair. Turned up at his to be greeted by 205 ralley cars everywhere! lol

I give it 6 months before you're back in a 182.

In all seriousness, good move getting something fun again! You going to be turning up at meets now then?

No Chris, my days of 182 ownership are over. this should fit the bill in terms of abit of fun (which is all a 182 does really)

Think me and sarah will be leasing something new next year when we are in the new house...

i had a topaz gold vtr with 4 branch and magnew straight through it had a simota air filter on it, 206 gti brakes and it was stripped 2 seats thats it, it bloody flew tbf. pi**ed a corsa vxr off once in it lol , trouble is i felt like i was going to die in it felt so insecure. please please upgrade the brakes should be your first buy !

Yeah brakes are on my list mate- cant beleive how cheap parts are for the Saxo's!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Decent looking bus, quite clean.

I wouldn't buy one but they are a bargain for the performance.

Looks tidy :) what costs are involved in the rear beam rebuild?

think its about £300 at a garage but the seller is building his own 106 GTI so has done loads of them before - its all in the price! :)

Decent looking bus, quite clean.

I wouldn't buy one but they are a bargain for the performance.

Exactly - If I wasnt buying a house, Id have something newer/safer but for the price you cant really argue. Peanuts in reallity!

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
i didnt know you could get vts' in that colour combo, best colours imo for the saxos, a mate of mine had a vtr in the same style - loverly.

Z4
Good shout mate, you're in the same position as me and that's why I bought the car at the top of page 1 lol, you'll still buy it back when I've finished with it ;)

I considered the 106 gti/ vas route at one point, glad I didn't as that really would have stung coming from an M3, bang for buck they're allegedly epic funs

Good shout mate, you're in the same position as me and that's why I bought the car at the top of page 1 lol, you'll still buy it back when I've finished with it ;)

I considered the 106 gti/ vas route at one point, glad I didn't as that really would have stung coming from an M3, bang for buck they're allegedly epic funs

Your car, my old car is still the best car I have owned (and I've had alot lol)

One day maybe, it will be on my drive again....

Looking forward to driving it home now, catching the bus with the public really is terrible :(

Megane r26
Photo0244.jpg
my old vtr i had a few years back, was a cracking motor next cost me much to run an was fun too. I rebuilt the beam on mine as there was play in the stub axle, proberly the biggest job there is on a saxo so sounds lik u gotta a good deal

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Looks nice in that combination mate. Keep her standard, externally anyway..:evil: