ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Seat Ibiza SC

The Beast MK4
Hi folks,

I'll start with the story.

About a month ago I was heading to footy and had a prang with the 182. All my fault! An Autoglass van had stopped in the middle of the road in a blind dip. Not the best of parking spaces but the combination of that and the sun meant i slid into the back of him. Hardly a mark on the van but the Clio folded at the front and the airbags went. No one hurt apart from a tad of whiplash for myself. Car was a write off and a nice fault claim for myself.

Anyway im all sorted now and back on the road in something a bit different. I thought I should change since ive not had much luck with my last two RS's.

So here she is! Seat Ibiza 1.6 Sports Coupe in Citrus. Twas the only colour left in the dealership for the 3 doors and I didn't fancy waiting another couple of months for Galia Blue. Anyway its growing on me and the running in is going nice and smoothly. The interior is way superior to the 182 and the steering and feel on the road is fantastic. Got a cracking deal too with the bus costing just over 10k and that included climate control, cruise control and the 17" alloys. Insurance is so much better as its group 5 as opposed to 16!

Ive always thought its a marmite colour so what do you think? ;)

3519478046_d5843f1f84.jpg

3519477626_266e0ea2fc.jpg

3518664821_2e4361c7a3.jpg

3518663511_67df0d6428.jpg

3519475444_1c3f50aa79.jpg

3519474310_70c29129e1.jpg

3519473276_4aa4d0df95.jpg

3518660557_beee65d644.jpg

Enjoy!! :cool:

love these cars, seems like a good price for the spec too!

not a massive fan of the colour, isnt that blue colour like a £1k + option?

Astra SRI CDTI,Hornet FA8
Exterior design is horrible imo. I had one of these as a courtesy car when they came out, interior was good though.

The Beast MK4
Yup Galia costs a good amount extra bland. Although there were a batch in the UK going for decent prices but I missed out.

Lovely colour and I really like these, my Mum has the model before this in 1.4 and it can keep up with a 1*2 until a certain speed (wasn't looking at the dash) but the 1*2s out-rev it lol. 1.6 must be pretty decent :)

Really?! :S
Only in like 1st and 2nd gear, anything more and the 182 started pulling away!

Got a few comments when I was in it at that Rivington/Hollingworth meet a few months back asking what engine was in it and why they weren't gaining on me on the country roads pmsl

Shame to hear that the RB's gone, was looking well last time I saw it. Downgrade's pretty good though that colour aint the best.

Turbos.
Ideally suited to off roading i see ;)

Certainly looks modern, much better than the old one. Still don't get why the arches sit so low down past the 'hips' like the previous model, even with the slight flaring it just doesn't look butch enough IMO!

Ad

MK2 FRS
I want to like them, but I just cant. The styling doesnt quite add up and they deffo look better in darker colours.

That said, sounds like a good buy for the cash!

Trophy #490
Looks a similar colour to Acid Yellow on the v6 in these photos!
I hated the looks of this car when they unveiled it, but it's growing on me more and more now.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
lovely car like the colour, just the actual front end im not to much of a fan of, might grow on me might not only time will tell

tiTTy & SV650
Marmite like you say Johnny lol I'm sure it'll be a step up in terms of quality. I mind seeing this sitting on the ramps outside AC on the Parade a few times lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You had a 182 then bought this!

It sits like a ford kuga!

Do not want mate sorry.

tiTTy & SV650
As he said, insurance claim at fault - makes sense going for something like this for a few years

The Beast MK4
Yup its the sensible option for now gally, add to that the threats from the GF to stay clear of RS's for a while! lol

Amazing colour, still not 100% on the styling though. Think it'll be a grower though, looks like a squashed down Corsa, no bad thing IMO.

And aye, I don't care about your farm tracks - glad to hear you're losing the 4x4 look

:)

The Beast MK4
Just made FCS last year Chic, was a busy year with family issues. Would have loved to have made more.

Will check in with this bus though although i'll be part of the non-clio crew. :cool:

And Dolan, naw! Although I trim coo's tails. ;)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Hummm...I see your point with reference to insurance and 'luck' with the last 2. I just think you'll get bored of it in a month or two. 10k is alot of money for a car which will be worth alot less after a yr and looks like your old boys John deer! ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm sure it was a good deal, but i'd be gutted about stepping into that, from a 182.

Just my opinion.

I can see how it adds up for you though.

The Beast MK4
Nah i'll show you on a seperate occasion John. Front was a mess.

And Ali and Chris. Im sure i'll be fine with it for now, wanted something different and something more sensible to get a fresh start. It actually handles very well and I had sportlines on the 182. The power will be more than ample, im really enjoying it actually! :D