ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new turbo (1.2) clio

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
Just picked it up today, well pleased with it. It's still tight but def a lot more rapid than the normal 1.2 clios. I don't think the pictures do it justice though, will try and get some better ones up soon.

16082007220.jpg

16082007219.jpg

16082007216.jpg

Integra Type-R DC2
Coilovers and some nice alloys will finish that off a treat. Whats performance like?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
xenons on a 1.2?!

whats the spec list with equipemtn for them etc, really like the look of that actually...!

very nice car, how much faster you think it is, are they 100bhp?

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
Yeah planning on just those two little extras once iv got the cash, nothing over the top. Yeah its 100bhp, took me by suprise first time I drove it as i'm only used to driving the standard 1.2 16v mk2

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
looks awesome mate, how much did you pay, options etc?

xenons on a 1.2?!

whats the spec list with equipemtn for them etc, really like the look of that actually...!

very nice car, how much faster you think it is, are they 100bhp?

they look like them its the same spec as a dynamique s + plus a body kit

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
looks awesome mate, how much did you pay, options etc?

Part exchanged my old mk2 1.2 for £3500 which knocked the £11.5 price tag down a bit. I wanted xenons but for some reason this model doesn't have them as an option. Everything else is standard, ie bodykit because its the sx version.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
what stuff does it come with?
has it got rear discs?

really like the look of it, what power you think could be got from the engine, exhaust filter and remap etc?

never really liked the mk3's that much but loving that!

ive got loads of toys on mine :D even the rare 5dr option lol apart from xenons :dapprove: i really dont need them as much as i wanted them(i dont do much night time driveing now)

id have had a dci106 version personaly

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
cheers guys. I know what you mean pepsi, I hated the new shape until I had a look at these, came along just after I had put an order in for another mk2 so had to cancel it all. It does come with rear discs but that about all I know! lol I didnt get a broucher because the dealer didnt even have one yet. Im sure once the kits available you will be able to squeeze a bit more out of it. I reckon the 0-60 is less than they actually say on the website. Go and have a test drive and see what you think

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah i think i might go to my local renault and have a spin in one.
is there any lag oir anything or just a smooth turbo?

saw somethig about these on the net a few months back, really interested now!
have they got decent seats inside?

:S are you sure its discs its drums acording to my research its not
if i go back to a petrol it will be one of them my dci looks slower on paper :(

i need proof :S

Last edited:
  Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
:S are you sure its discs its drums acording to my research its not
if i go back to a petrol it will be one of them my dci looks slower on paper :(

err not to sure, I haven't had a proper look just going off what the dealer said. Pepsi - i'll upload couple interior shots for you

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Oooh, a turbo. Not bad. I do like the look of them, but good luck keeping it clean :p

BTW, what insurance group is it?

ive ordered a 5dr dyanamique dci86 :D compared to yours its a snail :(
ive not seen it yet though ive got a few more weeks till it arrives

Clio III 1.2 Turbo SX
tell them you want to cancel and get an sx! :D Nope no air con, i think its a rip off plus it will slow down my car :p

:eek:i think thats to late . i just remap it ;) that will slove my performance issue its only a bodykit ive got so much more to keep me entertained ive climate card key rain sensor light sensor parnoramic sunroof folding mirrors cd changer parking sensors those alloys :D im adding that spolier to mine will do more mpg an its a lot cheaper to tax

Last edited:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
lol, how much do renault charge for it?!

have these got the little computer in the dials for mpg etc?

sorry for all the questions just interested!

Air cons a waste of Vpower anyway, i wouldnt use it even if I did have it. I would rather spend my petrol on catapulting down the bypass once a week than freezing my b****cks off in the car.